Cannabis microscopy

here’s a small hit of what my lab looks like now. I actually have two of those curved monitors, so I can view one image on one monitor and one image on the other. A photo can never do it real justice though.

5 Likes

That looks spectacular there, I’m on a 20 inch myself

1 Like

My old ones were over a decade old, so the image was complete crap. Eventually one of them went completely white, so I decided it was time to upgrade to modern tech. Totally worth it.

1 Like

Totally, and our eyes need the better, bigger pictures

2 Likes

Just spent some time catching up a little on your fascinating work! Very Impressive, I don’t like stuff in my stuff either no animals allowed including whatever bugs want to get in

1 Like

oh yah, I’m almost bordering on obsessive about it. If I spotted some contamination in that FLC-BX1 sample I would be very worried!

1 Like

This weed was so purple it looked black almost. So I had to score a sample with a quick “hey can I have a tiny piece of that for analysis?” In the fragments of trichome I can see, the purple penetrates the very cap itself. wow!

9 Likes

The above samples look like they were subject to harsh environmental conditions that don’t help it out. The trichomes look trashed and the bud was like a non-smelling hard brick. That purple color better get you high as fuck if that weed is going to be any good.

3 Likes

Pretty amazing pictures, @JoeCrowe

2 Likes

I was going to ask what they did to that sample. Looks like it was in a plastic baggie in my pocket for a few days. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks! The science instruments I spent all my loot on, really help out in the day to day life of the cannabis grower. I think my entire setup is approaching 6K worth of loot. OMG I can’t believe 2 years ago I didn’t even have any money. Things really got interesting after I won the bubble hash making part of the contest, thanks in part, to my ludicrous science stuff!

3 Likes

It was grown outdoors and the buds were very purple with green leaves. She had it in a sealed jar with a boveda pack, attempting… futilely to get more flavor. Soon as I locked eyes with her jar I asked for a sample heh heh, never miss a chance to see something interesting. That’s how I know curing buds isn’t some kind of magic, it’s never going to inject more flavor than it started with.

3 Likes

Well… that and…

:rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Here @JoeCrowe check these pics out

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXhnqazJu-6/?utm_medium=copy_link

11 Likes

yah buddy has some expensive equipment that puts my stuff to shame! I always see it on the CSI shows too like NCIS buddy has a 6000$ camera on his microscope. Ahhh, too bad I don’t have that kind of loot!

3 Likes

Always love seeing your stuff just as much, just thought you might enjoy seeing it if you hadn’t already

2 Likes

I love zoom_gardens! That guy kicks butt! :+1:

2 Likes

he hheh oh I love those pics. I just wish I had the loot to make photos like that.

2 Likes

Here’s a couple of radical photos of the c99! Out of all the trichomes I saw, only one had that strange protrusion from the base of the cap. Really fascinating!

7 Likes

I got some mystery leaf damage. Only on the C99! It’s really hard to see, but I think nutrient levels are getting down there. I just noticed it yesterday, I think. Last couple of days have really passed in a blur hah hah been doing things. Thursdays Blursdays! I’ll blame the rosin… yah, smoked too much, or not enough?

2 Likes