Cannabis microscopy

I’m attempting to create HDR images. I think I’ve got the concept! I just need more practice. You can see details overlaid on high brightness areas where I would turn the brightness down. I don’t think I need to do that anymore… perhaps. I am going to try and generate an EDF HDR image lol! This image is HDR but I didn’t use EDF enhancement.

6 Likes

I might have gone too far with the exposure or edf. I’m getting some light artifacts there. It’s a pretty decent image though, made from one dark image, and a lighter image then the brightest one. I probably should only use the first two.

6 Likes

I think now, I’ve been over exposing those images. I’ll keep playing around! After some practice at it, these images should pop! like, bam!

2 Likes

Doing a great job @JoeCrowe ! Love the isolation on individual trichomes!!!

3 Likes

here’s my hdr tutorial. As I understand it, you want to generate details in high contrast areas. In order to do that, you change the exposure time. Short time, for darker, and long time for brighter. Then the software overlays the contrasted images, so that you can see the bright parts and the dark parts in the same image.

dark image

9 Likes

bright image! Crazy eh?

4 Likes

I’ve been exploring hdr photography, I had personally never heard of it before a couple days ago. Thought I’d give it a whirl!

1 Like

wow there are strange details that are easier to see. Like which trichomes are turning orange. Interesting photos! I need to keep getting better at it.

8 Likes

wow! Those hdr images are fucking radical! The details! Oh my! I’m in love! Compare that to the photos I took just the other day! Garbage!

3 Likes

Welcome to the new Age, the new Tech! Looks awesome-Whole new world Joe!

1 Like

You ain’t kidding! Wow!

Uncle Joe’s fabulous glowing trichome forest!

Taking it to a whole new level Boss.

3 Likes

That would be a great title for a ‘coffee table book’… :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I think the problem is with the camera software. For some reason during the EDF it shifts the image while layering it. Do I have the settings wrong? Perchance. But! Using my 37337 graphics editing skillz… Look! I made an HDR in focus! I think. heh. I used the graphics program to merge the layers after zooming in and carefully arranging the layer. Once it looked good to my human eye, I merged them and saved the result.

8 Likes

I’m definitely going to check the settings in the software, see if it’s got a decent method of arranging them.

That looks even better!

@Joe, if anyone has “37337 graphics editing skillz” it is you Maestro.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Keep em coming please.

2 Likes

lol, here’s my new plan. I think I’ve been doing the processes in the reverse order! I should be generating hdr images, and then making an EDF out of those instead.

This one is a C99! I would make multiple layers like this, then do the EDF joining. Could generate a crisp image, I hope!

4 Likes

Hey Joe, Just for fun, can you create an annotated photo with arrows pointing out the parts of a trichome, various types of trichomes, Cystoliths, etc.? For example are those little glitters down on the leaf surface, below the trich stalks “Bulbous trichomes?”

I always seem to have another project for your busy schedule! Sorry to be a pest, but dammit man you are the only one we know who can answer these questions. LoL. Feel free to ignore me. :v: :green_heart:

1 Like

Nice work Joe, can we now look into the gland? :grin:

2 Likes

Something nuts like this?

4 Likes

Yes, can you get closer to see the structure of the gland? Your early photos showed cellular features within the gland.

3 Likes