Cannabis microscopy

20x objective?

6 Likes

I can probably whip up a photo of most of the trichome types! Some of them are a little bit of a search to find 'em. Like Pokemon? Give me an excuse to take a bunch more photos. I took so many today, most were experimental garbage lol!

1 Like

well, you can’t blame me, I ripped a bunch of rosin and went nuts with the video camera. Pause the playback at any time to examine the trichome. Best enjoyed at 4k resolution hah hah! C’mon youtube… you sloth! Process my video!

The high res one is complete.

7 Likes

Late night, tired but high af. I watched the video, paused at 24 seconds, and stared into the eye of a trichome. The craziest part is, I could feel it staring back!! :exploding_head: :crazy_face: lol

Thanks for sharing that great video @JoeCrowe :pray:

Your attention to detail and the level at which you analyze everything is commendable.

6 Likes

You can make out the cellular structure of the gland and particularly the stalks. Very impressive Joe.

2 Likes

I am using this image as my wallpaper!

3 Likes

Thanks Tejas! I’ve been toying with the technique I used to take that image, and how the software generates the stacks. It’s tough to get a good image! I think This one is pretty good. It’s a leaf and there’s a bit of dust or something on there.

This image is built of three layers. One really dark, one really light and one normal.

5 Likes

you can see, without the dark layer, it’s missing loads of detail. The extreme contrasts between the three images, is what makes it an HDR.

6 Likes

I think I am making progress here. I changed the alignment to scale and align from “none” and it seems to help the EDF maintain with lesser artifacts, resulting in a clearer HDR image. I also learned more about how to control the exposure with the software. I just place the target over the area I want to define with the exposure and it adjusts the light to make that area visual. I’ll be toying with that, and I’ve got a sample of immature meat breath weed someone grew.

I don’t see any fungus, or strange things. I’ll keep looking!

3 Likes

no fungus or anything I could say was residue. A Little squashed, but otherwise no purple in the trichomes and no real golden ones either. Seems they were just starting to mature!

5 Likes

Fuck off James Webb :call_me_hand: :zap: :100:

1 Like

hahhah oh it did, it’s almost at the L2 position already past the moon. Can’t wait to see what the beginning of the universe looks like!

2 Likes

No surprise man !!!

1 Like

Tks @JoeCrowe i figure the diference in between macro and micro

insta track >edrosenthal420> chewberto420 > picture_fotografie

1 Like

Tonight I’ll do some preliminary data gathering to see if the veg thing even makes sense. It would be fascinating to me if the trichome count in veg and bloom are the same. ish. Not that they are somehow identical.

1 Like

let me study the images for a bit heh heh. I’m not sure what it all means yet.

4 Likes

ok here’s something:
big bud trichomes are all average larger than the meat breath. The big bud ones are packed in tight. The buds are at different angles. It almost seems the unicells are larger on the meat breath, but I didn’t actually measure… though I still can.

1 Like

here is a cystolithic hair on a cannabis leaf. They are all over the place down on the leaf edge and along the back side of the leaf on the veins. If I get any one of these wrong tell me lol!

5 Likes

I think tomorrow at day 50, these c99 are coming down. I see a few ambers and ones that are cloudy as well as cloudy ones turning amber. Still got a couple weeks on the SENSI, and meat breath!

4 Likes

Not a very heavy resin producer unless some glands got knocked off preparing the slide. Definitely not in the same league as your Meatbreath!

2 Likes