Cannatrol users

I have family in NYC and used to live there. I had a steam pipe in my room. It was hot as hell all year round. The windows were always open. Sounds like a challenge to dry in your place. Glad you got it to work.

1 Like

I totally agree. Love reading other’s grow diaries. I think we sometimes forget that the only thing we all have in common is a love of cannabis.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was thinking.
I do know that certain motors need to be…I forget the word, but…set for their current altitude.

You an me both buddy.:nerd_face:

@jetdro, great information man!
Screenshot and bookmarked. :wink:

2 Likes

Cannatrol Day

From this:

To this:

Smaller, but fairly deep

Using Jetdro setting @53.5 for Dry, Cure and Hold. Still at factory 68F temp

9 Likes

Hi I’m new to OG but I’ve read all the posts on this thread since I own a cannatrol. I think my first 2 runs through the machine dried it out too much. After reading recommendations on here I changed the cure to 52.9 and set it for 99 days. The beauty of this thread is that I now have an understanding of how the machine works thanks to jetdro. Now I need to take some out and put in a bag to check RH hopefully close to 60.

6 Likes

@STLife, welcome to OG.
Check this thread out say hi and introduce yourself to everyone. Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 3).

2 Likes

That’s good information to have. I just verified with jetdro both his and my machine are off Factory calibrated by 5%. I’d be willing to bet yours is about the same. Have you checked relative humidity and temperature with a reliable calibrated hygrometer?

I’m assuming the dew point @Jetdro has chosen will compensate for both of our machines being off by 5% at factory calibration.

At this point the best thing for you to do is get some reliable information on what the actual conditions are inside your Cannatrol.

1 Like

I want to say I have put a hygrometer in my cannatrol to check and I think it was spot on but I will do it again to check. By changing my DP to 52.9 it holds the RH at 60 which seems perfect. I also lowered the temp 1 degree from factory. What I need to do now is put some in a bag with a meter to see where I’m at. Might have to do 53.5 all settings next run to get the slower dry which sounds good. This run I’m doing now with some Don mega I have some from start to finish in the cannatrol now in paper bags, some from drying hanging in the tent and then curing in the cannatrol in paper bags now and some dried in the tent and jarred up traditional style. Oh yea some of the stuff that started in the trol went in grove bags and haven’t been opened up yet. So when it’s all cured for a few weeks I’ll have some friends over to do a blind test.

1 Like

Hey Guys!
This may seem like a stupid question, but is there an actual difference in what each mode Dry/Cure/Hold does? Or is it just a progression to different stages with different settings for Temp, DP and time?

Ive been through the manual and there’s no mention of it.

So, Ive got my Cannatrol set to Jetdros recommendation of 53.5 on all 3 cycles at 68F. Is each stage then doing the same thing, or is the Cannatrol doing something different Program-wise within each stage?

Would slope even matter if all the settings for Temp and DP are the same?

Haven’t had a chance to talk with David. Will see if I have time next week. Would definitely like to ask him what to do when Cannatrol is off by such a large margin.
Has David mentioned the Cannatrol Control unit having provision for calibration to compensate for mis-calibration at factory? Or what Cannatrol may say is drifting settings from shipping… (assuming they say it left the factory accurate).
Perhaps there’s a code or pattern to get inside the unit to fix the issue by making adjustments?

Do the units even undergo factory calibration? David and Co may assume every part and component is within spec’d tolerance. Every sensor as well. I understand the units are “Burned in” for several days based on videos Iv’e watched, but thats to make sure they function, sort out known issues, and dont arrive DOA.

Yes, we can work around the untrue numbers of each individual Cannatrol unit, but it would be nice to know what shows up on units display is accurate.

I can understand writing down ±5 on a cheapo hygrometer bought from Amazon, but Its unfortunate that the Cannatrol arrived so far (5%) from accurate. Even my AC infinity controller 69 has calibration adjustments available.
I think this is a saying… When your instruments are off, youre flying (growing) blind.

Also, they couldnt even get the velcro pieces on the unit accurately. A sad mounting system made even sadder by no attention to detail. It just makes me wonder what else they breezed right by as they are trying to make good time.

Having a shop full of bodymen, painters, etc is crazy every day for me. Everyone always trying to cut corners to make more money. Not in my shop. No way.
Its those final touches and little things that sell the repair. Give a customer one little thing to trip over, and they’ll find a laundry list of things under closer inspection.

Im not bitching. Just noting some points that I think are important to mention, having purchased a Premium Priced product that touts precision in drying, curing and storing cannabis.

3 Likes

As I’m sitting here at work checking my AC Infinity app for all my grow tent conditions, I cant help but wonder about the conditions in my Cannatrol unit. :thinking: Maybe Cool Cure II

Over the past few days storing my weed in the Cannatrol, everything seems to be going fairly well. I will say it has a difficult time holding 68F. My room is currently averaging 73-74 during the day, and a degree or two cooler in the evening. Most of the time the Cannatrol is sitting at 68.9F as per its display, even though its set for 68F.

May take my weed out this weekend and test the Cannarol at a lower temperature just to see if its capable. It should do up to or around 10 degree differential from ambient temperature. Not sure if its struggling or ???

2 Likes

Couple of days now. Cannatrol has not been able to achieve even a solid 68F, much less the 66F and 52F Dew Point I set to achieve 61%RH.

Ambient air temperature roughly 74°.

Does anyone else have any experience with temperature differentials on the Cannatrol? Since I’ve had it, it’s having trouble even maintaining 69° Fahrenheit.

That said, all my weed is in there and according to my hygrometers is right in the 59 to 62% relative humidity range, so that’s great!

My paper bags just arrived as well! Going to move some stuff into them.

Just a quick question, are you commanding that 66* in the right section of the programming? It has 3 sections, each one independent.
Also, I’m not even sure if Hold/Standby use the same programming or if Standby is on it’s own completely. I’m gonna go look.

Yes.

I set the temp and dew point differently on standby/hold the other day to see if the unit would go a bit lower. In my 72-74F room, its unable to even maintain 68F after being given 2 days opportunity to reach its programmed 66F

My personal In-room observations.

Have you actually hit start yet?

Have moved most of my weed to paper bags :vulcan_salute:

Two 1/4lb open Grove Bags in the back corners. One jar on top shelf with Acapulco Gold remnants :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Got around 6.2oz of my Electrify left in the two Grove Bags. Dried weight was 10.2oz, I think.
Already burned through 4oz of that since January. :open_mouth:

All my other strains from first harvest in August '23 are now in paper bags.

Still have Frozen Peaches, a strain I purchased (3/29/23) too much of just prior to starting growing. Most boring vaping strain ever, but it does the job.

2 Likes

So I did the whole “open up the Cannatrol and grab a few buds” thing this morning.

Really good vibe! :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Stan’s on Cannatrol Patrol!
Thinking next unit may be customized with cartoon version of “Stannatrol” in a weed jungle on the door :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

So, my weed has been in the Canntrol for a while now. Ive noticed the smell is doing what Ive heard. This is on stuff thats been harvested since 8/23 and 1/24. Each has started or well on its way to muted or little smell. Stick it in my Brilliant Cut grinder and BAM. There it is.

Also closed up a Grove Bag with Electrify in it, and meter reads 61-62% RH.
NICE

Officially into keeping my weed in the Cannatrol and like using the paper bags.

Cant wait to actually dry and cure a harvest in there :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Hell yeah! Glad to follow along with these posts, man. You won’t look back. All the best for your next harvest.
Stay up
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost::raccoon:

3 Likes

Hi
Hope you talk to me again, really didn’t want to argue with you.

Doesn’t that contradict what Jetdro reported?

Your unit is set to 68/52, according to him it should be too dry now and be at 55%.

I’m glad you’re happy with your unit so far.

And really cute dog.

1 Like

Looks yummie, my mouth is watering! :heart_eyes:

1 Like