Who has an electric pre built dry cabinet

Looking at dry cabinets . I know I saw someone here with a bought one but cannot find the thread it is mentioned in .

Anyone help me out to find the thread or the person who posted about it ???

3 Likes

Curious as well. I have a buddy that runs a cabinet company and they were talking about making and selling a drying cabinet, don’t think they ever followed through with it.

1 Like

Put cure cabinet diy in search for homemade build

@Terpsnpurps has a bought one

4 Likes

Don’t want to build want to buy
Can you find that thread for me ifish

1 Like

Website here https://www.cannatrols.com/cool-cure-box

12 Likes

I think @PineTarBastard bought 1 I know someone has used it already… and mentioned the smell … it did give off smell… I assumed it wouldn’t… but they left it at default settings… I plan on going longer and drier going in and coming out

4 Likes

Ahem… There is always a cheaper option. https://www.amazon.com/NEEDONE-Electronic-Capacity-Humidors-Hygrometer/dp/B09RF3G8GX

4 Likes

The web page says load shouldn’t exceed 2.2 lbs. Is that wet weight or expected finished weight.

That’s wet load, which is why I made my own.

The reason I didn’t go with a cigar/wine fridge was that there really isn’t anything in terms of dehumidification capability. That’s the big problem in the first week. Second week is more about having something airtight so the humidity doesn’t drop too low.

I’d build it in a fridge if I did it again. You could do it simple with just a vent fan, some air draft stoppers and a cheap humidistat - I took it arguably too far. But I enjoyed building it and am enjoying the results.

I know you don’t want to build one. But unless you buy a facility-level drier I didn’t find many other good options.

11 Likes

If I could have just used the pointer finger up emoji, I would have!

I think its built/sold by cannatrol🤔

2 Likes

2.2 wet will not work for me at all .

2 Likes

I planned on staggering if I had that issue… just spread chop out 4 days apart … in the end it only takes 4 days… but can go longer obviously

1 Like

I have a cannatrol that I bought this year. It was hard for me to justify the $$, but it does a very good job. It turns drying and curing into a mindless operation, no guessing or second guessing. I’ve over-dried/under-dried too much in the past, but the machine takes it where it needs to go and keeps it there. I was concerned about the 2.2 kg limit, but will say that the first couple of times i thought i harvested more than that and the machine was actually under filled. Last week, I definitely over-filled the machine, and it still did a great job. I did let the buds dry outside in the hanging herb dryer for two days instead of one though. (I wash my flowers and literally wet trim them before drying).

Fyi, Cannatrol offers a small discount for veterans.

13 Likes

@jetdro… did you read what @PineTarBastard said?

2 Likes

No where did he say it ??

2 Likes

For $1,635.00, I could buy 5-6 wine coolers with black tinted glass.

4 Likes

This one says

“humidity Auto control function is not applied on this product. The internal humidity is affected by the internal temperature and the water box. (It works better if with humidity control packs(Not Included).”

1 Like

Lol just above… also wine coolers are NOT going to have the same style setup settings … you won’t have start and end points etc… there’s more to it than just a cooler as far as I can tell

1 Like

It just won’t do the same thing bro… I’ll take that Pepsi challenge any day

1 Like