Cannatrol users

Yes i don’t see why not. I just unplugged it to stop the fan. Those motors usually don’t mind being stopped by not something i would do. But it is absolutely necessary to keep the coil clean. I didn’t look due to where i have the unit located but I’m sure there is a coil in the back also. I may be wrong but i will find out once I’m home.

1 Like

Can yous not fashion some kind of simple exterior air / dust filter ?

1 Like

Possibly… im sure it would be easy to do… but will it hinder the fans? Will it make them work harder or get hot etc…

I worry alot lol @ifish

Ok, got it, what do you think the gap is in the 90 degree corner??? If I take some off the bottom, it will drop that 90 and give it more slope. So front, back to the 90 is a good fit, take say 1/4” off the bottom, and then it should fit as intended or “dreamed up” LOL
Have to get the wife out of hospital “jail” today, so I’ll get with the kid tomorrow when I get to the shop, look at the file, make adjustments, and try to get at least 1 made over the weekend.

3 Likes

@Terpsnpurps then add another fan in the new filter unit ( outside canatrol ) to assist the original fan inside

Two layers of women’s stockings may be enough also
Old school

1 Like

You can shine a light through the holes in the side of the unit and see the fins and how dirty they could be. Mine have collected a decent amount of dust and as soon as I get a chance I’ll take that cover off and clean it.
I don’t see any way to easily filter the air. It’s very very similar to a computer tower but with more holes. You’re gonna have to get in there and do some cleaning at some point.

3 Likes