Cannatrol users

Derailing is talking about anything unrelated to the cannatrol and settings and methods in this thread id think :thinking: That isnt hard to differentiate …

@AppalachianBiscuits i think your finds are pertinent info and completely related directly so… whats up with it? :laughing:

1 Like

100%, so I slightly tilted mine back so that the water drips would “stick” to the body and follow the plastic down to the drip hole. Doing this eliminated 95% of the problem. I also put a wadded paper towel in the back that would absorb any water that still made it to the bottom, then release it like the sponge does.

1 Like

I think their little sugar leaves look prettier. The Cannatrol leaves flat sides. It’s 100% the stupidest thing to be concerned about, but most fun stuff is.

As long as the thread doesn’t devolve into wildly negative bitching I’d consider it on track. I know forum conversation goes through cycles. I don’t mind answering the same questions and having the same conversations. This thread goes through a really negative aggressive cycle. Which is super odd to be in an aggressive conversation about watching weed dry.

1 Like

Mine does it too. Especially in the summer when it’s 80% humidity on swamp mountain. :roll_eyes:

I don’t put weed all the way to the back of the bottom tray. Also, be sure to clean that drain. I don’t like the canned air and am about to see about a pipe cleaner.

1 Like

I dont like how it does that at all… it should be better… i added a channel of silicon track for weather stripping… seems to work good

Amazon has some decent pipe cleaner combos available with different sizes and lengths. I got some specialty styles for cleaning Volcano hoses and vaping accessories

1 Like

Hey, if you could, let me know what size you think you might need, or I could send you an assortment consisting of 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, & 1/4”. Just let me know and I’ll get some sent to you.

1 Like

Anyone tried this?.. saw it over on Reddit

# PSA: Don’t sleep on using compressed air on the peltier device heat sink

I had run 6 cycles through my Cannatrol without dusting the heat sink on the back, and definitely noticed a decline in the machine’s ability to hold the target temperature over time.

Dusting the heat sink is pretty easy: Unplug the unit, remove all the screws holding the back metal cover in place, gently hold the fan so it doesn’t spin, and apply compressed air to the fan and heat sink until the dust is removed.

After the dusting, I noticed it’s able to hold the target temp with the ambient room temperature being 3 or 4 degrees F warmer than before. It might not seem like much, but setting my AC thermostat to a few degrees warmer definitely makes a difference in energy use.

4 Likes

Yes i will… sorry im slacking !!!

Listen.

I gave someone advice this week to take out a stuck automotive oil filter by hammering a screwdriver through it.

I’m not to be trusted to take the back off anything. Id need more than the reddit post to make me a believer.

4 Likes

It’s just regular maintenance. They should tell you when you buy it. Anything that heats or cool needs the coils cleaned at least yearly. I just did mine last week.

2 Likes

So it has to be taken apart?

1 Like

Lord n’ Mary I hope not. I read the material top to bottom, but I’m high a lot.

2 Likes

It kinda looks like @Terpsnpurps took your brand of advice a little while back with the glass door :joy:

2 Likes

A little but when i get home i will look into it more than i did and see if there’s something i can do or rig up to make it easier. Mostly to post here for anyone who has a hard time with mechanical stuff so they can clean there’s easier. I like taking stuff apart i think it’s fun so i don’t care if i have to tear it down to its case lol. Hoping to be home within a couple weeks.

2 Likes

Lmao!!! Yup i wasnt careful… and that was the result … im somewhat mechanical… i have taken alot of things apart… some with regret . Some successful…

What i dont like is loosening something and things fly out of it and i no longer can tell where they came from… i hate that when it happens smh

2 Likes

@Terpsnpurps any idea how much I need to add to the “feet” to make it sit somewhat properly???

1 Like

Sorry… ok i remember why now… i suggested taking off the bottom part… if we raise with shims It’ll hit the screws and make it push away from the drip drain

So the bigger most bottom part would need shortened @Kgrim

1 Like

Id also find a way to make more of a downslope here

Without making it slant under here… (keep level here)

And shorten like i said above at 1st… right here… and that would improve its fit drastically

Sorry man its been crazy hectic… this isnt procrastination its being swamped lol… hows it going overe there buddy.?

On that last part… shorten maybe a quarter to a half an inch tops

2 Likes

Im scared to mess with the cannatrol like that lol… but could these not be sprayed clean though the vents on the sides?

Are you talking about that finned looking things on the fans? Sorry im high lol

Couldnt you take tweasers and hold the fan blades in place while spraying it from inside etc? Sorry man i am trying to wrap the stoned mind around it… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes