Can't get my scrubbers to work?

Not sure what Im looking at

The whole cabinet is a hermetic “lung space”, always with high negative pressure inside. Carbon filter on bottom, RVK on the white box in the middle. The whole thing is for only one 4x4 that have one passive intake and one active intake.

What is RVK mean?

I have grown some of the stinkiest sour diesel strains and not had a whiff of a smell get past my Phresh filters so long as I do my part. First they have to be replaced regularly, I replaced mine about every 12-18 months and I make sure all my ducting is sealed and taped at all joints. Second I would not use a ac infinity filters or vivosun cheap ass Chinese knock off. I tried one once and in less than a couple weeks I could smell the failure of cheep shit.
And as a qualifier I grow in suburban housing community where my neighbors homes are fairly close and if I had any smelly some of these would call five oh instantly not to mention I have had people who smoke a foot from the closet door and they never know there was a grow going on less than a few feet from their nose when tent is zipped and door closed. Not a hint of smell and I duct mine out of the closet into the attic rafter area. Open the closet door and unzip tent and the whole house smells in minutes. Close it all and in a short time not a whiff. Been growing like this probably 8 plus years. Size them in accordance with your tent size and add some CFM for fudge factor and it will be good.

3 Likes

Care to help me out w filter sizing? I’ve got a 800cfm fan in my 5x5 and 650cfm in the 4x4. The 8” 800cfm fan seems to be to strong for the cfm requirements of the scrubber recommended for my tent…. So do I get a smaller fan or can I run a larger scrubber?

1 Like

Acinfinity cloudline t6 cfm is 402 not 650, maybe the filter will do 650 but that will never happen with a 400cfm fan and ducting. Plant some plants, your way overthrowing this, make changes when necessary.

1 Like

if it were me, i would just put a filter on the duct at the end of each tent and see how it smells individually when zipping up and smoking inside them. if you can smell anything, get an ozone or ion generator. one of them is good but i forgot which. simple is better, and if you are only worried about the smell outside and not in the room this is the easiest way to go.

1 Like

his duct run dumps into a living space STAY AWAY FROM OZONE!!!

3 Likes

ion generators then, i forgot which one you can use and which ones are dangerous. ion does almost as good as ozone and you can breath it.

1 Like

yeah ozone is really dangerous for any living organism. it kills bugs, pollen, any type or bacteria. that is good if ducting to outside or away from a living area.
edit: ozone over a certain concentration.

4 Likes

i used to vent into my attic and have an ozone generator there. ion in the living space for any leakage. op could just use an air freshener and not bother with anything else for the sidewalk unless worried about dogs sniffing it. humans would get fooled by the small amount of leakage from individual filters like already installed. op is way over-engineering it, but better safe than sorry i guess.

edit: air freshener may not be good for the plants. unless there were a way to divert it to the sidewalk.

1 Like

Pick a fan that fits the space, pop the same sized filter on it. Don’t look into it much more.

If you’re dumping scrubbed exhaust into a living area you’re smoking pot in, I don’t think the odor will bother anyone.

Not worried about any little smell inside just wanting to make sure I knock it down enough to not permeate raw flower outside. Can I put a larger scrubber in a tent? No one has really answered that.

Let’s say the calculators say I need a 175-225cfm filter for a 5x5

Can I put a filter in it sized for say a 10x5 tent and run the fan harder? Is there a problem doing this?

You can oversize the fan filters, this is better than under sizing.

1 Like

My filter is in my tent but it’s not overly large.

I kind of run mine a bit different.
In a basement, with separated sections. I use the what I call the back room. It’s 20’ x 16’ x 7’6" to the bottom of the floor joists.
I once had all tents in there, well I’m old now, so crawling in and out of tents, comes to and end.
So after stripping the walls, sanding them down, patching the holes up, repainting, and tossing the tents, except 1, I made a super simple, exhaust.
The filter/and Vortex 6" , are in the other side of the basement, with one long run, to the far end where the tent is, and each grow area has a single pipe to extract from. I buy the biggest CAN filter, I can carry. My first lasted 13-14 years, with one disassembly to clean the medium. I replaced it last year with the same size.
Works a treat.

Today, I have all the panda walls up, each section working, tent is rocking well, and I got the perpetual cycle almost complete.
Hope it helps.

4 Likes

Ok so this may help me a bit! But a few questions! First in the photo I screenshot here is there a scrubber tied into your central line that comes off as a it sure looks like it. Does that handle the tent scrubbing?

Does your giant can fan on floor tie into the same central line you exhaust the tent out of?

2 Likes

Agreed, every adjustment you make now will be moot once you get plants in there and you’ll have to actively manage the environment(s). I’ve always viewed exhaust fans as primarily being for environmental control, and it seems like that’s taking the back seat in this case. If you manage the exhaust primarily for odor control I’d think that would have a negative impact on your plant health in the long run.

2 Likes

Word. We could be in week 2 of veg. :joy:

Jk . Here to help…. But I think you’ve been given all the practical advice on your filters that there is.

2 Likes