Canuk zkittlez, gmo, do-si-dos

Trying out Canuk’s strain for the first time, zkittles, gmo and do-si-dos. Cultivars selected based on short flowering time in Ontario climate. Germinated seed in Jiffy’s and two straght into promix which all plant will root out in. 1 150 phototek led light in 3x2x5 tent. acinfinity outlet controller used for controlling exhaust fans based to keep a rather contant humidty level of 55%.

plants on the far side are two recently topped Runtz and younger Ninja Fruit from Daggaseeds.com. Used Jiffy pucks though I’m not a huge fan of them but they were kicking around, if they don’t sprout I have backups.

12 Likes

grew there do’si’dos and got a nice squat plant with dense berry aroma few years ago. should be nice smoke doesnt stretch much and had smallish buds so if it were me i would veg longer

2 Likes

many thanks for the heads up!

Grown out a few Canuk strains, was actually impressed each time. Very curious to see how these end up for you. I’m in Ontario as well actually. Lots of us Canucks here in fact.

3 Likes

Same here, they are Spanish ‘white label’ but give good representations of the reported strains (in my limited experience)

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I agree for sure, after I grew out the wedding cake I was sold. Holds up with the cut , the double chocolate was nice, and I enjoyed the gelato VERY MUCH. One of the few “white labels” I would vouch for for sure.

2 Likes

yeah expected as much from the price point, I dont have the wallet to pay for the coveted genetics as of right now.

1 Like

OK now into seedling week 2, will enter veg next week. One of the GMO’s appears to be a genetic freak with 3 cotyledons and 3 first true leaves emerging. All appear to be healthy.

4 Likes

Some progress to report, picked the best seedlings of 10 that sprouted from 11 seeds, transplanted into 1 gal and started veg nutes this week. Hoping to grow these gals out for cuttings for others.

6 Likes

they grow up so fast, sigh. Anyway here’s an update, got em feeding on 1.6 solution of GH Bloom, Grow, Micro, Diamond Nectar and Cali Magic temps around 22-25 during lights on 18 during lights off. so far so good to start week 2 of veg. The bigger plants are Peanut Butter Breath and Runtz, you can hit me up if you want cutz, they seem like a good tight internodal spaced batch grown from seed I got from NFLD, can’t vouche for them though as I am unnable to find other grow diaries that have flowered them out.

7 Likes

Today’s the start of Veg wk 3. Plants are very vigorous now with huge fan leaves for their size. Feeding at 1.6 EC, flora nova trio and calimagic and diamond nectar. Moved them into a smaller prop 90 tent to veg a bit because I put the other two larger Runts and PBB into flower and LST’d them again. Got a new VIPARSPECTRA XS1500 Pro LED Grow Light with New-gen Lens for that tent. Small veg tent is under a 100 watt SF light. Magivered a couple air intakes with cpu fans and velcro and tent material I had lying around, attached it to velcro on existing passive intake vent

![IMG_3041|375x500, 100%]

Today, Feb 6, about a month after germing these seeds I’ve trasnfered them from 1gal pots to 2 gal pots topped the Zkittles again because I missed the apical meristem when pinching it off the first time. Did a little plant training, also included a photo of my flower tent. Maybe did a little damage to the foliage due to low humidity so I’ve got the big 6L levoit humidifier going in there. Thats all for now!

8 Likes

thanks for the tips, always a crap shoot in veg until you see how she blooms, I have extra beans of these strains should you be interested in a trade sometime, cheers

2 Likes

Hey thanks for reaching out sorry for the late reply, if you ever have any recommendations on some non white label genetics i’m in the market for something made with care

3 Likes

Shoot me a dm with your address. I’ll set you up. I’m in Ontario too as well.

5 Likes

Looking good @cannasir . I’ll pull up a chair and follow along.

3 Likes

Jeez 2 days after training and a haircut and you wouldn’t even know I defoliated. Do-si-dos looking pretty dark green hope it’s strain related and she’s not super sensitive to nitrogen. Though I’ve read they have some dark green foliar traits

5 Likes

Because I’m doing a long veg with trained plants I topped them on Friday to make four main branches into 8. Then I did a defoliation and thinning in the flower tent. Enjoy the process of creating spread out canopies that fill out the space with minimal popcorn buds.

5 Likes

def remember my dosi being a dark girl. how long you going to veg for ?

3 Likes

til my flower tent is vacant can take cutz and trade along the way though if anyone is interested

2 Likes

looking for some feedback; Gmo is the clear runt of the litter and space is tight I’m wondering if I should axe the gmo and just focus on the zkittles and dosidos this cycle. I have more gmo beans I can pop at a later date Or I can axe the one plant in my flowering tent put the dosidos in flower and veg the others. The reason behind that is that the two strains in my flower tent seemed a little stunted from day one though the one is doing better than the other. Here are some pics, they kind of make my budding plants look bigger than they are but gives some indication. Thanks overgrowers.

5 Likes