Caterpillar of some sorts…

Found this crawler sitting on a leaf of my Gooeybreeder Death by Terps #1 female…not exactly sure what type(haven’t looked into it yet)…haven’t seen any moths anywhere either…and no damage on the plant?

Removed to a different part of my shop…didn’t have the heart to put out in the freezing cold! Lol

Alaskagrown

10 Likes

It will probably turn into a beautiful butterfly. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

No plant damage and it’s that big already?! Probably not a problem then, though hard to believe. maybe pluck a fan leaf and see if it eats it and see what it turns into lol.

2 Likes

The plants are large so there could be some damage…chances are…

Didn’t see any where it was at though….but plants leaves are what they eat!

2 Likes

I dunno… I heard this one’s favorite meal was a medium rare filet mignon, green bean casserole and twice baked potatoes with chocolate cream pie as dessert.

Have you tried leaving some of that out for it yet?

1 Like

Looks like an Armyworm?

Cheers
G

1 Like

I concur! :open_mouth: :exploding_head:

3 Likes

It does look very similar to a African Armyworm…interesting!

1 Like

Very similar but slightly different coloring

ejem|nullxnull

1 Like

That’s it!

At least it sure looks the same!!

1 Like

:thinking: :weary: I wouldn’t have either,

1 Like

Looks like a fall army worm.

1 Like

Army worms are dicks :poop: I’m not one for hurting anything but those guys can be destructive AF. Destroyed a good percentage of my outdoor crop a couple times even with spraying up until flower set in. Super cool seeing wasps attacking and eating those fuckers last summer, next year parasitic wasps are def being released besides likely covering my plants with netting. Smush that guy so he can’t harm anybody else’s plants or reproduce. Just my 2 cents :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

The only good bug…