Damaged Leaves

I don’t see anything on the plant itself or visibly crawling around on the soil

5 Likes

Yeah there is now :no_mouth:‍:fog:!

Looks like inchworm, bud worm, caterpillar, etc damage to me.

21 Likes

Right on, No evidence of those crawling around indoors, Could it be a Tree roach? I know sometimes A few get in here every now and then.

I do have fur babies but they don’t mess with my plants

I thought the same thing until I looked over one day to see my oldest schnauzer chowing down on the Oaxaca-Peshawar from @Upstate. She’d already finished off the Maui Waui next to it. I was so stunned I couldn’t even remember her name (Greta) to shout at her. -Sputtering, stuttering, couldn’t get it out….

Now all three of them are bud-hawks. They’ve developed an unfortunate taste.

10 Likes

for sure :100:

6 Likes

I haven’t seen tree roaches (wood roach) attacking healthy plants, personally. They primarily feed on decaying organic matter.

4 Likes

If the bug made munch marks that large youd be able to see it crawlin around. Id write that off as nothing unless its recurring.

2 Likes

Lol a cat my cat loves cannabis leaf she gets in the grow room by herself once in a while I know she is stoned cause she falls on her face out of her cardboard box and just lays there on the floor with an expression of did I do that

7 Likes

I,ve had similar leaf damage that started as a brown spot and no pests present. I put it down to beads of water from fertigation splashes and transpiration?

1 Like

I wasn’t able to locate the caterpillar that was eating away at my leaves for a few days. I had completely written away it being a pest since I’ve never dealt with any indoors (besides fungus gnats). Sure enough though, there it was.

I barely know my left from my right, so I can’t for sure tell ya what’s going on. I for sure would keep the possibility of it being a pest open, though.

10 Likes

I am keeping that possibility open

2 Likes

I agree maybe a caterpillar or a small snail, if it was a small caterpillar it wouldn’t make hole in leaves, just make them transparent.
I had a small caterpillar like 3mm long, very small and stealth animal kind of greenish with black legs and head but really small and hard to spot. But those holes are more like a snail lunch rather than a caterpillar or it should be bigger.
I used cannacure to spray all my plants, 2 days in a row and all was all right.

4 Likes

I’ve had earwigs cause similar damage.

3 Likes

Karate attack!

Looks like someone did a dine’n’dash…lol

1 Like

Squish it and mix it in with your soil!!

1 Like

They come out of the soil to feed in the late afternoon/early evenings. That’s the best time to get them and transport them somewhere else.

2 Likes

Merge got munged, had to restore this thread … carry on …

1 Like