CBD and CBN edibles

I am all for the no smell, generally for my neighbors sake. I will have to look out for some critical mass then.

do you have any old / long cured bud? over time thc breaks down to cbn, so if you have an old batch of bud, or some tincture that has been sitting around for a few years, that will be higher in cbn.

I have some tincture I made ~4 years ago, which has developed a very strong sedative / hypnotic cbn effect. if you make a batch of tincture and leave the jar exposed to sunlight, this degradation will occur even faster.

I think cbn is greatly overlooked. consider traditional drying and curing practices in the middle eastern hash making regions. In lebanon they dry the plants on tarps in the sun, and then age them in semi enclosed sheds for up to 2 years before processing them into dry sift hash. this and other sun drying processes would really bring out the cbn.

2 Likes

I have a glycerin tincture about the same age that has the same effect. I put some of it in my vape and it knocks me out every time. :zzz:

3 Likes

Not sure if it was just the pheno I had or the strain itself since it’s the only one I’ve grow. I have no comparison.

I have some CMass beans. Need to grow out some eventually.

1 Like

I had a tincture I made a year or so ago. Left it in the fridge for a year and cleaned out the fridge the other day and forgot to put it back in the fridge. So it’s been on the counter for week or so.

Think it’s still good? Bout an OZ of strawberry cough soaking in 91% alc

it’ll be just fine, you won’t lose much thc to light or temperature degradation over such a short amount of time at room temperature.

in a sense, potency is not lost as cannabinoids degrade / convert into lesser cannabinoids. the effect simply changes. overall cannabinoid content will not actually diminish, it will just convert into different cannabinoid forms.

2 Likes

More so worried about spoilage.

the alcohol will safely preserve it. refrigeration is not necessary to prevent spoilage, but it will prevent the cannabinoids from degrading as quickly. your tincture would never spoil or develop mold or bacterial growth at room temperature.

alcohol is a traditional and potent preservative.
fruit liqueurs and herbal extractions are generally made at room temperature. that has a much higher water and sugar content, and it still will not spoil.

Ty! Might have to try a dropper full.

1 Like

That shit tastes soooooo bad… ugh…

I just did a 4 day detox. Let’s see what spoonful does! Couldnt hold it in my mouth for more then 15secs, shit burned…

A drop or two under the tongue might be more of a starting point.

1 Like

Very interesting topic. I’ve only dabbled into growing CBD strains.
Research shows so many benefits. I’ll be following along…:v::green_heart:

@NEK-Fowldog that’s a pretty good dose if you haven’t done it in awhile! :flushed:

1 Like

My tolerance is way up!

1 Like

Very interesting stuff for sure.

i recently made a batch of gummies using 14g of Oregon Guava grown by Horn Creek Hemp. they are roughly 25mg CBD & a little less than 1 mg THC each and taking two I can definitely tell I took something. Very relaxing and good for pain/sleep/apetite.

I decarbed the 14g at 280F for 90 minutes and did a 190degree coconut oil infusion for 3 hours.

Wondering if I’m basically just feeling the THC, if CBD isnt received by the body once decarbed? I’ll have to try another batch without decarbing at some point I guess.

2 Likes

I find edibles don’t do much to me but i am a high cannabis user. Other people I give candy too seem to get high as shit…

I wonder the best way to retain Cbda in edibles? Would the infusion de carb too much? Cold infusion maybe?

Simmer in oil at a low temperature and not for a great length of time is my idea. I am going to try doing some dry sift to get the CBDA and then try it, try some decarb, then some decarb with the dry sift. Of course I will have to hurt myself to find out id the stuff works. But all in the name of Bro medical science.

1 Like

I have made non-decarbed tinctures before, reducing them at ambient temps with a fan.

2 Likes

You’d be better served copping cbn directly than trying to control your thc degradation without a good process for testing your results in-house. It’s only like $6k/key and legality is equivalent with cbd extracts if I’m not mistaken.

3 Likes

Did a new batch of gummies, decarbing at 240 for 60 minutes. Infused in coconut oil for 6 hours at 190 degrees. Roughly 16 grams of 25:1 cbd flower into about 90 gummies. So roughly 44mg cbd, 1.7mg thc (not counting some slight losses during process)

Effect wise it seems like more thc remained due to lower decarb temp. Last batch I did at something like 280-290 for 20+ minutes and it had actually started to put off vapor/smoke in the oven lol.

I’m going to eventually try some non decarbed flower just to see what’s up with that.

What id really like to know is how people are making gummies that are nice and clear and taste good. This batch tastes like decarbed weed and they’re opaque as all get out. Maybe cause I ground the flower up in a grinder this time makes it taste more intense.

Still don’t know how to prevent the opaqueness though…

1 Like