CBD hash. Has anyone tried making it?

Has anyone made hash or other similar extracts with CBD strains (ie 10:1 CBD or higher, <0.9% THC strains)?

I wonder because a characteristic of many low THC strains seems to be a fair amount less trichomes.

Has anyone tried this, and how did it work out? Seems like a much nicer way to store and vape the flower.

5 Likes

I just processed a bunch of BaOx that I grew several months ago. I made “tincture” with it, although I reduced it down to the point of being closer to rosin.

No idea what it’s like yet. It’s literally cooling on my counter right now…

14 Likes

I grew some cbd rich strains in the beginning of the year. All of them have been quite resinous to the point where hash making was an option. I can’t verify how much cbd was in it but it would have worked out pretty decent.

They sell cbd hash in the interwebs which I could order but I don’t if it’s real hash or this fake shit enriched with synthetic/ real cbd extracts.

4 Likes

Wow, looks great. Is that all basically dry sift? How much dry leaf did that come from?

2 Likes

It’s dry ice hash, which isn’t as clean as dry sift but totally fine for this application. I had about 6 plants go into this and it made a LOT.

If I had packed the hash into a snowball, it would easily be larger than a softball. I didn’t really measure the weights of anything because it was too much trouble.

3 Likes

Hashfight!

8 Likes

Ashville extracts makes good shit

If I wanted to see whats do-able with some cbd, that’s who I’d contact

4 Likes

Looks like @lefthandseeds has it covered :+1:

3 Likes

The cultivar is as important as the sift, there’s alot of eucalyptus/vicks/nyquil tasting cbd dabs. It’s hard to avoid it, but there are some newer “hemps” out there that do taste pretty ok

1 Like

Ever had that cherry NyQuil? I got it on sale once. For a reason.

1 Like

Ezpz. Break up some dry ice, toss in some herb or trim, shake it all about until it does the hokey pokey and bob’s your uncle.

I got my hemp seed from these folk

BaOx is practically a classic cbd hemp strain at this point. Their seeds did great.

3 Likes

20210607_121217

Koala food

1 Like

Dry ice is pretty hard to source around here but it might be a suitable convenient substitute for bubble.

2 Likes

Wow super cool to see. Got me inspired to try making some on the next grow!

1 Like

Some very nice looking varieties there. Wish they shipped to Canada! We’ve got fk all for good CBD dominant cannabis seed vendors up here. Well, none that will ship to mere mortals, anyway.

1 Like

I may have something I can send you. I can’t make any guarantees about CBD vs THC, but I did make a mom out of my BaOx plants.

2 Likes

Has it cooled yet? :thinking:

2 Likes

:joy: yes it has. I’ll give er a little taste and report back.

1 Like

:rofl: as soon as i looked at the time stamp i was like :hushed: sounds tasty that musta cooled by now, scroll down scroll down he musta said something

1 Like

That would be amazing. Would love to grow that!

1 Like