CBG Strain thread

Hi all!

I just wanted to start a thread on my CBG strain. It sprouted today. It is CBD Hemp Direct Desert Snow fem, but thanks to the insightful members here, I am thinking it is actually Oregon CBD’s White CBG under a different name.

It’s not going to be a fast and furious thread since I have other flowers to put in the SCROG tent first. Once I get a stash, I will flower a cut of this one. I will post pics here though, just so anyone curious can follow along as far as growth and physical appearance.

I will update!

6 Likes

The CBG variety I grabbed awhile back is White Gold (White Label Seeds)
strain formerly called Bleuberries…It has a decent amount of THC too…
I’m interested in how this goes for you…
Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! This is a “hemp” variety. I hate calling it hemp. Anyone with cannabis experience knows these varieties are far from real hemp, which looks more like bamboo…

2 Likes

Agreed…I think we all have that stigma to
differing degrees…When talking with some cannabis folk…you mention “hemp”'you might as well be growing lettuce in the eyes of some…

2 Likes

It’s a generic term for cannabis under 3% THC. Hemp can vary depending on its uses. That could be seed oil, fiber, etc. They are grown differently. With CBD and CBG cultivars, they often have nice flowers with decent terpenes.

2 Likes

I have some Cherry Wine f2…not the most stable of varieties, but very nice terpenes

1 Like

I think the main reason it will always be known as hemp is because of the 2018 farm bill, which calls all cannabis under .03% THC hemp. So, we have to call it that in the eyes of the law. I am getting so tired of this law!

1 Like

That was one of the first CBD flowers I tried! I did see the instability in Sour Space Candy. I intentionally let it go longer so I would get more THC in it and it started throwing nanners late in life.

1 Like

Desert Snow CBG Week 2. Still just a sprout, but doing well. Extremely hot here, tent is NOT at favorable temps. Let’s see how stable these genetics are…
@pux thought we could compare sprout notes :blush:

3 Likes

To anyone interested, here is a pic of my Desert Snow CBG. Week 3.

She’s clearly an Indica.

@monkeyman This as her last week.

3 Likes

Week 4

Edit: Whoops! Corrected to week 4 above

2 Likes

Any idea what this is suppose to smoke like or are you just making edibles?

1 Like

Not sure on the smoke. I have bought CBG flower elsewhere and it is pretty smooth. Definitely in the head effect.

2 Likes

I’ve never bred cannabis before. I have made seeds of the same strain. What are opinions on breeding this with a male LA Confidential? I am letting a male grow in my next grow to pollinate a few flowers to preserve the strain anyways. I know all seeds won’t be 50/50 but what are some bennies of a high CBG and THC strain?

What percentage of cbg is advertised for them ?

18%. It’s basically a hemp strain, very low cbd and almost no thc. What worries me is they supposedly stop filling trichomes and they just dry out on maturity. This is from the breeder! I’m thinking this is not non-gmo. Willing to try it though.

2 Likes

Sounds strange , I like ghs Hawaiian snow , really mellows me out and helps my ptsd , it has some cbg in it that’s why I was askin : )
Maybe some extra thc in there will help stop the tric drying out and preserve some of that cbg : )

1 Like

@Lunash76 this sounds like a really interesting grow you have going. Id be interested in seeing how the cbg and thc interact, ive been mixing some cbd flower into my high thc stuff lately and i really like how it smooths out the buzz.

3 Likes

Are some pheno’s more like cbd and others like THC? Like I said, I’ve never mixed strains. Just carried on the lineage making seeds.

I’ve had CBG flower (Hemp). Combined physically with THC (In a grinder and rolled) it is a strange effect. You find yourself going down rabbit holes of thought and something weirdly drags you back. It is strange. But, I love it!

4 Likes