Photo-to-auto breeding with NBS1089

This will be where I put details associated with the photo-to-auto crosses with NBS1089.

w/ @anon4675195

Current strains:
Tonygreens Sour Bubble Bx5 S1
CSI Humboldt Bubblegum S1
Tom Hill Deep Chunk aka Monkey Balls

I currently have 3 fems of the BG in veg along with 5 sour bubble and 5 TH deep chunk. I will make selections early in flower and likely pollinate all available plants.

On deck:
Wedding Cake F4 (seed junky)
Triangle Kush S1 (CSI)
Pinkleberry F4 (PNW)

I will start to post pictures as the stretch begins.

13 Likes

I will be watching. Can you convert without a ruderali?
:green_heart: :seedling:

Not sure what you mean?

I thought you had to introduce a ruderalis to the photo to get auto.

2 Likes

NBS1089 is an autoflowering plant.

AHHH! Got it. That wasn’t stated but makes since.

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

No problem: )

There will be more pictures as time goes by.

hey man pinkleberry f4 isnt worth growing, full of herms sadly. Their was a recent log here, if you do go ahead with it please keep an open eye and good luck brother.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight — that’s disappointing. Those seeds were fairly expensive. I have some other things I could rotate in…

1 Like

if its any bonus i see yours are f4 the grow im refrencing i just checked and was f6, potentially yours could be fine!

It’s pretty hard to know… I may try to grow them out and see what happens.

1 Like

i wish you luck, i had seen a picture ed Rosenthal had posted of them, and they sure are gorgeous.

Yeah… it’s a pretty plant. It’s hard to know if the herm trait will show up when passed to an autoflower. The line is already quite inbred… i suppose it is worth the experiment.

1 Like

Good luck @abazabaaa on the grow. Pulling up a chair…

1 Like

Thanks @Tejas
Here are a few teasers… I’ve just flipped the lights so things should start to happen…

Autoflowering pollen donors were sprayed with 500 ppm silver nitrate in DI water around 24h ago…

1 Like

Here are the bubblegum S1 from CSI humboldt:

Tony greens gorilla bubble bx5 S1:

Tom hills deep chunk IBL:

5 Likes

Sounds like a cool project :sunglasses: :ok_hand:
I’ll be around time to time to see some lovely photos and catch up on the progress :wink:
Good genitcs Mashup.

1 Like

A very happy family!

1 Like

Thanks —

@anon4675195 and I talked a bit about some of the strains we both wanted to start with.

Primary goals are to start with quality in-bred lines that were in seed form. We have other projects going on with elite Photoperiods (I’m doing a mendobreath to auto project that growinghigher started; he has a gmo to auto project that he is posting on in some of his threads).

NBS1089 grows a lot like bluedream structure wise , has very dense flowers with good thc content (low 20s). I think we both agree that the terpene profile is not bad… but not great. It’s sweet on the nose and in my opinion takes on a dried apricot smell with extended curing. The top goals are to find phenos within each photoperiod line that have high resin content. My hope is that there will be ideal mixtures of terpenes in the progeny that provide something more than parent autoflower offers.

There are a few other inbred lines we have for follow ups: wedding cake f4, TK S1 (csi), romulan bx1, pinkleberry. Will get to those things eventually.

I think the game plan is to run out a few of the F1 crosses to flower and move forward with lines that have a good combination of effect (the high), flower appearance and resin/terpene profile.

Here are a few thoughts on these strains —

In the sour bubble line there appear to be a few strong pine-type phenotypes — one of my plants has resinous stems preflower that smell strongly of pinesol. So far it is my fav, but we will see how it develops. There is significant variation from plant to plant. With an n=6 I have seen significant variation in plant height, leaf, internode distance and stem resin content. The terpenes thus far seem to be varied. I think there is more risk in working with this line, as it will be harder to predict how it will develop as we try to recover the autoflowering trait.

The bubblegum was a bit of last minute addition on my part and I’ve enjoyed looking over the colors I’ve seen from other posts. Although I only have an n=3, the plants look to be very similar in phenotype. Internode distances are tight/similar, leaf structure similar, and all three have minor stem resin leading to bazooka Joe-type terpenes. The height of each phenotype is consistent — my feeling is that this is a relatively well developed line, but it’s hard to know with a small sample size.

I don’t know deep chunk well, but it’s resin-content is well known. So far it is clearly a well inbred line. With an n=6 it is pretty clear each plant is nearly identical. I suspect we will have a good sense of where things are going once we get the F1s running.

3 Likes

Starting to stretch… bonus… on the left you can see a few of the mendobreath photo-to-auto plants. They have all been sprayed with silver nitrate and will go into agrifab bags soon.

Everyone just got fed with canna bioflores and tap water. Seeing a little bit of burn on the tips for a few plants and will have to keep an eye on that. Otherwise, everyone looks pretty healthy.

5 Likes