Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 1)

Stopped at the neighbors the other night walking the pup. Smoked a bowl with him of my own stuff (he knows I grow, he has the butter machine and heā€™s my ā€œtrimming toolā€ lol). Two hits and he was done (heā€™s not a lightweight either). Gotta admit, that stroked the 'ol ego a littleā€¦ ā€œI NEED some of thisā€ he saysā€¦ I leave the rest of the bag with himā€¦ Probably a solid 1/4 maybe a little more in there. Feels good to spread the love and not have to be mindful of ā€œcostā€ at times. If I bought it, that mighta ended differently. LOL. But I can always make more, and got plenty to share :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hell yeah! Always nice to share the luv!

2 Likes

I have the other MarsHydro (square 2000w model vs the 2x4 rectangle). The pan isnā€™t flimsy at all. Even have a marshydro 600 in the love shack, aside from no ballast sitting on top, even that ā€œcheapestā€ model from them, the reflector is pretty sturdy.

To be honest, fit and finish is nicer on the Viparspectra, but I have ZERO complaints on the MarsHydro.

And I own Viparspectra P4000, and 2 x P1500 (P1500ā€™s ARE dimmable as well)
and MarsHydro TSW2000 and a TS600 in the love shack. (TS600 is non dimmable).

I think the TS2000 is the 4x2 from marshydro? If so, same guts, different dimensions from what I can seeā€¦

1 Like

It is! and Iā€™ve never been greedy about it, and its always been good to me. When ya share when ya got, youā€™re never dry when your out (yeah, some of us get dry, or used to). LOLā€¦

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s two vouches I respect now between you and @Nagel420 so theyā€™re definitely on the shortlist.

That P4000 looks like a hell of a unit. I think the price on the P1500 would scare me away thinking there was a reason for it (seems low to me) if you didnā€™t tell me you were happy with it Nagel.

2 Likes

The 1500 is a good veg / accent light, not a whole tent unless its a 2x2. I have the pair of them over my vegging ā€œfuture momsā€. Along with a gixxer and koscheal blurples lol. The tents have the TSW2000 in a 3x3, and the P4000 in the 3x4. The 1500ā€™s literally are like a slice of the P4000, same dimmer, same heatsink, same good build feel.

The marshydro 600 I think will be plenty fine for the love shack, making pollen and playing some barry whiteā€¦ Its a 2x2x5 tent, but you look at the 600 and just see reflector, no ballast. Seems to look cheap in pics, but I can assure you, you wonā€™t be flexing the reflectors unless you put in some effortā€¦

3 Likes

The 1500 is what I bought back then, I used it almost exclusively over clones and upcoming mothers. They loved it. Butā€¦ I didnā€™t use it by itself, I tried that and didnā€™t like it. So I added it to other lights as supplemental. That worked best.

Or rather, I used other lights as supplemental to the 1500s lol but anyhow together with others, in not too large areas, works fine.

2 Likes

lol you guys know how I grow. In the last place while still gorilla, I had less space, but still not a ā€˜closetā€™ā€¦ The table I had them 1500s over was 4ā€™x8ā€™. With other lights on either side and in between. Did the job nicely then.

2 Likes

Sounds like my ā€œmixā€. 1500 - gixxer blurple - 1500 - koscheal blurple

seems to work fine for the vegging ladies I may make into momsā€¦ plus uses the blurples I bought before I knew better.

The P4000 in the 3x4 is sweet, in a 2x4 it would be badassā€¦ Even at 16" I did sunburn plants (only found the sunburn when bucking em up and taking off an LST clip to see bright green stems beneath in the shaded area). I think many of us put our LEDs too close at first, thinking ā€œoh but they dont have the heat of the halidesā€ but the IR can sunburn plants just like peopleā€¦ I know it took me a bit of adjustment, and Iā€™m 18-24" from the tops now and have great coverage, and plants look better than ever

3 Likes

I have a T5 I can run on clones and seedlings, nice low heat so I can put it 10" above with no issues. Every one has responded really well. Also this ā€œ1000wā€ Bestva LED has done ok for me but Iā€™d like to relegate it to supplemental or have it take the T5ā€™s place since itā€™s smaller.

I want an LED to run veg through flower that is going to make me wonder why I stayed with the 315 CMH for so long. I want to actually have the ā€œwhat the hell was I waiting for?!ā€ moment :laughing:

4 Likes

I too, have loads of T5 LEDs over the new babies and clones. We converted the T12s I had, since we had so damn many lol easier to just take the ballast out and put in ā€˜Ballast bypassā€™ T5 LEDs then. I have them daisy chained around the 3 shelves in my veg room atm.
The 1500s are in the middle of the room, with other lights over the bigger girls.

2 Likes

Iā€™d hate to see your electric bill :grimacing:

1 Like

LOL. Iā€™d say either the Mars or Viparspectra will make you think thatā€¦

I grew with HPS, MV and MH in the past, heat always sucked. LEDā€™s still make heat, but nowhere near as much. Less space used. No hot bulbs to be wary of touching. I decided to switch to LED when I jumped back in, and I am glad I did. If you saw all the MH ballasts I have laying here from my aquariums, not being used, you might see how happy I am at the same time :smiley:

2 Likes

Keep in mind cuz. This is a commercial op I have going. The electric bill is always high lol But by changing out to the T5s itā€™s cut a couple hundred off a month! Thatā€™s thnx to @Mr.Sparkle showing us how to build our Big LED lights to replace the 6-600watt HPS in budroom. He also told us what to do about those T12s too lol

Think 15 or more, at times, of them T12 dbl 4ā€™.

Changing out made huge difference in the electric

3 Likes

Donā€™t add a koi pond with 9000gph waterfallā€¦

Certainly donā€™t add a hottubā€¦

I know my lights added a little over $200 / mo. (bill was already $400 / mo. Pumps are electricity hogs!). Well. I was spending $400 / mo on shitty mids, same ol same ol. now its $200 on electric instead. WAY better nugs and more than I need. Hmm. Winning??? yes, please and thank you!

2 Likes

Electric bill here runs 450 to 600 depending on how much AC is required lol thats after the changing around in lighting weā€™ve done. It was 2-300 more before.

But hey, thatā€™s the nature of the beast when you growing commercial. Bigger grow, bigger bill lol

Iā€™m happy, knowing other commercial growers personally, and their bills make mine look dirt cheap!

2 Likes

15 SEPTEMBER, RAIN OR SHINEā€¦10 - 12AM (1000 - 1200 HOURS) If thatā€™s the day of your surgery, PM AFTER event, Iā€™ll do you right!!! SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I canā€™t even zip up the tent with the CMH with a box fan going and the ports on the tents open! That alone would be amazing lol Itā€™s why Iā€™ve never even plugged in the 1000W HPS light I have cause I can only imagine the heat from that. I know itā€™s not comparable because the Mars Hydro is 2000w and the Viparspectra is 4000 but if you were forced to choose between the companies on equal wattage setups which company would you go with?

Well yeah but still. Of course itā€™s not gonna be cheap powering the Disneyland of weed :laughing: Thatā€™s cool he was able to help you cut some costs down though. Iā€™m sure it every little bit adds up quick.

No thank you :grimacing:

1 Like

Not ā€˜Disneylandā€™ lol Itā€™s a Big Top 3-ring circus!! remember? :rofl: :crazy_face: :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

So there is only a 2 hour time frame ?