Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 1)

Man that ain’t no lie. I’m ready for the crispness in the air and the smell of Halloween

4 Likes

You know it has been bad when youbare celebrating 104 degrees my dude. It’ll be your time to shine here soon!!

4 Likes

Send prayers for our Colorado fire fighters OG peeps we have 4 fires in the state currently and help pray for rain in help battling the hot spots, so sad we’re going through this again :cry::cry::cry::cry:

8 Likes

Damn…

Yo don’t tell anyone but Massachusetts is a dream. The worst weather we get is ice storms and month-long snow storms.
No fires. Hurricanes run out of steam by the time they hit us. And once in a blue moon when a tornado does touch down, they only hit shitty parts of the state. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

They seem to target trailer park homes around here there’s no way I’d live in a place that doesn’t have a basement to seek refuge .

4 Likes

Reminds me of South Park Funnybot’s first joke:

Did you hear that the governor’s mansion in Alabama burned down?

It pretty much took out the whole trailer park.

6 Likes

That’s fricken awesome. I need to remember that.

@Tinytuttle this was the last big one somewhere around ten years ago. They dropped a culdesac in the wake of the tornado.

4 Likes

Hahahahaha! Excellent!!

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

What is it with women and being completely inept behind the wheel of a car? Just finished fixing her Camaro from where she rear ended someone, that was an insurance scam. Then Friday she tells me she got run off the road and fucked the c car all up again. Except this time since it was her running off the road I get to pay for it since she was too dumb to let the people drifting into her lane hit her or not just snatch the car completely off the road. This retarded woman thinks I’m actually going to buy her a Corvette. Hahahaha maybe when she learns how to drive

4 Likes

buy her a used volvo, it’ll probably calm your nerves knowing she’s driving a swedish safety box.

4 Likes

I have a little hot rodded economy car.

It attracts zero attention from cops, but can smoke a new audi or bmw between the stoplights.
New cars are so weighed down with electronics and luxury gear. it has 4wd, it hooks up immediately and gets off the line instantaneously.

Then a massive turbo boost hits at 3500 rpm, and you fuck right off into the sunset before anyone knows what happened.

It’s geared real low, so it flies in the city, but tops out at ~112 mph. It gets real light when you hit 110.

6 Likes

I loved my 300zxt. The only thing stock on it was the tail badge lol was an 86 with an 88 front end S13 front adjustable coil overs grafted into the stock steering knuckles with custom lower control arms, S14 rear subframe with adjustable upper and lower control arms, infinity j30 limited slip diff, custom billet stub axles, hardened half shafts with DOM moly tubing bored for.0008" hot clearance pressed on and welded, carbon fiber drive shaft. Imported cima engine running 36psi with a methanol injection with 2% nitromethane, 150hp shot of nitrous to spool the turbo. Put down 970hp at the wheels from a 3L V6. That thing was oh so much fun to drive. You could be running 80 down the highway stab it in 3rd and stand on it and smoke the tires.

2 Likes

Holy cow Daytripr, you’re a serious gearhead! I guess those trips were to the local track.
Sounds like you were ahead of the curve on japanese customs.

1 Like

Back when I was in high school, I used to apprentice at a shop in San Francisco. They specialized in low cost maintenance for fully original classic cars. I got to work on some very cool stuff.

I worked on about 4 ferraris from the 70’s and 80’s. Mostly american classics. Lots of chevies, corvettes, corvairs, biscaynes, and malibus. some classic indian head pontiacs. some studebakers. A few true oddities like a yugo.

I think the best job satisfaction in the world is to fix a little old lady’s cadillac or lincoln, and then send them on their way free of charge.

My favorite car was a true original hot rod. A 1941 Chevy Deluxe police car, which still had the original spotlight and “blue crystal” police lenses in the tail lights. I can’t remember all the particulars, but it had an early chevy v8 which was bored out to a higher displacement, custom exhaust, and a bunch of little single barrel carbs.

It was found in a barn in the Sacramento Delta. It was a genuine bootleggers car, but it was hauling bootleg wine, not moonshine! haha classic california.

5 Likes

I actually drove it every day and my wife used it to take my kid to school when she was in kindergarten lol. I loved picking on the local rich kids in their Daddy’s viper or Vette. In highschool I had mustang b that had a 460 bored and stoked to a 514, dynoed at just over 750hp on the motor and it had a 350hp 3 stage nitrous set up on it. Drove it to school every day, started a project with my nephew with a 454cu in small block in it with twin turbos, but when he got killed I could never finish it. I want to find a c3 Vette or an old Lincoln hurse for a project

3 Likes

It’s stuff like this mentioned in this video that pisses me off

2 Likes

Jesus, I gotta take up golf

6 Likes

Sweet Jesus don’t let @Old-Ron see this … oops I just messed my pants

3 Likes

Damn. Women golfers probably hate her. They think she makes it seem sexist. Nope, it is sexy. Bet she can spit shine a ball well before teeing it up…lol

4 Likes

don’t know how much of a “star” she is -not ranked in the top 1000 women. that’s OK though!

1 Like