Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 2)

And especially if alcohol is also involved. Or maybe no posting when drinking would work for me.

3 Likes

Iā€™m fairly new here and not yet comfortable with giving or receiving even seeds. I live in New York State where it is legal but weā€™re still not allowed to legally grow. Maybe the reason for this paranoid behavior is linked to being arrested for felony marijuana in 1970? I got a suspended sentence after serving 16 days in the county jail but I vowed not to let the man ever again take away my freedom. Iā€™m still paranoid even though itā€™s somewhat legal? I wish NY State would finalize the cannabis laws damn it. Itā€™s stupid, itā€™s legal for recreational but you canā€™t even buy it unless you have a medical card? WTF Iā€™m looking forward to feeling comfortable doing what I like to do in my retirement. Iā€™m very interested in sharing with folks who donā€™t have a place to grow.

14 Likes

Ya it is pretty annoying when a state is transitioning laws/regulation, things can get muddy for a while. It has been like that here on and off all year. Recreational went legal at the beginning of the year, then they changed some of the regulations with plant counts etc, and no dispensary could sell recreationally till the end of the year and a bunch of other bullshit that seemed pretty unneeded. Uugā€¦

5 Likes

My Dr said he attends some of the state top echelon meetings concerning the stance on marijuana. He said that the state could ā€œvery likelyā€ go legal very soon. I guess all the back and forth is annoying the lawmakers as well. Many feel like itā€™s going to happen anyway so why put up with the aggravation. Just make it legal and move on to other things.

2 Likes

I feel your pain bud. Got raided around 14 years ago and still have a pot charge on my record. Just got the final paperwork to send in so I can get a pardon and have it off my back finally. It had and still has a major impact on my life. I still feel some paranoia even though it is legal both medically and recreationaly. Hell I even have a prescription and a medical grow licence so completely legal. Decades of being demonized does not fade easily.

7 Likes

Yep! Paranoia is indeed one sick feeling! It eats us whole and spits us out as looking over our shoulders, constantly at a level of stress and worry! When I read these it is hard not to be worried, let alone in prohibition parts and or countries in the world! @PilgrimProgress, hope everything goes well for you in NY state. Awkward to say it, but be a bit patient and youā€™ll have your own rights reestablished, hopefully! These dumb lawmakers are always too slow to act accordingly!! :hugs: :pray:

2 Likes

Hi Pilgrim I share your state and your feelings. The new governor has got the process going so it will happen once they iron out the money. Corporations have been busy buying land and buildings. I did not see helicopters search this season and note they were not requested. I am happy we are going to be legal but still have paranoia about it. So I am practicing for when we can legally do what we have been doing for a long time. It is fun to go to the dispensaries in other states albeit expensive, I love the smell as soon as I get out of the truck in the parking lot, in 1969 who would have ever thought it would happen!

Iā€™m going to start growing again soon its legal in my state now but i need some more equipment I have never bought it through legit means with paper trail before still kinda traumatized from it being illegal and the paranoia from those days. Going to do soil this time indoor (itā€™s winter). Hopefully the war on weed will be federally over soon and the other drugs will be legalized in my lifetime ending the war on drugs. Itā€™s like how America got rid of the draft it took a long time and lots of death but eventually the government finally said we can do without the policy.

1 Like

Can anybody help me identify wtf this is ?

Is it a water cooled AC? A furnace? Or both ?

Thanks

1 Like

Answer: 3 ton furnace. :grin:

For a minute I thought it was a water cooled ac. Shooo, maybe next time lol

1 Like

Looks like the heat exchanger in my heat pump furnace, which reminds me itā€™s due for a good vacuuming out and filter change.

1 Like

I believe its called A Coils.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly it. I got confused when I saw a water pipe running through the coils :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s coolant pioing not for water.

1 Like

Redneck still ?
Speaking of stills my son just built this from a kit.

16 Likes

Haha I wish!

Nono, to be used as an AC, boring right :laughing:

We flip houses and commercial spaces so we get to keep whatever is left behind. Earlier this year I found 2 5tons water cooled ACs, unfortunately 5ton is a bit too big for my 2x4 tent :laughing:

3 Likes

Eventually a project I would like to take on.

@Mithridate, I am guessing a heat exchanger as been said. Is there any other heating source? I am used to commercial heating and cooling units with a central source of hot or cold water sent to the air handler in different parts of the building. I just expanded the picture size, it looks like there might be a valve on the closer stub that was cut off, it the thin tubing might be a line to control it. The right hand side of the picture has a Sp, I am guessing Spacepak, which is a heat pump company. Since there is a nameplate on it, that is your best way to find out what you have.

Or I could be wrong with the company, but the information printed somewhere on the unit will tell you what you have.

https://www.spacepak.com/

Darn, did not read to your post at the end before I answered.

2 Likes

Iā€™m 90% sure one could heat and cool with that thing. I just didnā€™t take the take time to inspect it, ie I didnā€™t open the white box to the right in the Pic
I found a model numbers on its side itā€™s a lennox EC10Q3-20-1, Iā€™ll have to read/ask an hvac dude

2 Likes

Man I hate not knowing lol

I saw a diagram where it said it can be rewired to do both, I donā€™t know if it requires an add on cooling unit or what. Meh

1 Like

if you google that ā€˜lennox EC10Q3-20-1ā€™ youā€™ll see itā€™s a furnace not heat pump
Although I must say with those coils itā€™d appear to be a heat pump lol

1 Like