Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 2)

Its all good my ticket is still good, just have to wait for a year.

1 Like

dont tell me that bro :sob: I got Tool and Korn in March

2 Likes

I have seen Korn so many times its no longer any fun to go to there shows.

1 Like

I think this will be my 4th time seeing them

1 Like

I liked them better back in the 90`s, way more violent.

3 Likes

I agree… The coke and meth days of korn were wild :rofl: some raw stuff

2 Likes

Ahhh…good times.

2 Likes

I thought I could help to identify the episode but… yeah…

Found this quote interesting
“1988 - 1989 and the strains i am looking for originated in same area . cant say any more then that .”

“I think we can say a lot more than that, I think we’ve probably identified the cut you’re looking for. Its not doesn’t take a terribly great intellectual leap to go from listening to The Pot Cast & hearing Pbud talk about one the greatest reeks he ever smelled from a pot plant & saying it originated in Camas Valley & that it also goes by '89HP to guess what the mystery weed you’re seeking is, when what you’re looking for is a similar variety from that same area and time period. Seems like a no-brainer that the RKS you’re looking for is probably Skelly Hash Plant AKA The Puck AKA 89HP.
Did you breed the original one or know the folks who did?”

“If skelly hash plant /89hash plant/ puck is the strain i am looking for it would have cam to life around 197-1972 and if its the plant that i seek it would pre date norther lights .”

3 Likes

@darkillusion well, considering Wayne’s dead… i’ve seen Fear Factory almost 12x.

They just wouldn’t stop touring! A smoking game was to sneak a joint the moment Burton yelled: “are you having fun yet!?” Which was his code for “am done playing this show and want to leave”.

My show 10-12 it was how he opened the show… :rofl:

Korn and Tool together! That’s A LOT of childhood trauma in one place :open_mouth:

Speaking of “coke and meth days” I MISS STRAPPING YOUNG LAD.

3 Likes

Who does Fear Factory have singing for them? Last I heard the band and singer were feuding pretty hard.

Most things were better in the 90s.

That’s Devin Townsend’s band right? Could never get into them.

2 Likes

Best show ever in the late 90’s eary 2’ks

Zimmers Hole opened for The Devin Townsend Band which opened for Strapping Young Lad.

All musicians involved were all in these three bands; so it was legit just a party of friends going at it on stage like it was “the good old days”.

Heathen, the 6ft+ fat bastard of a norwegian/portugese lead singer of zimmers hole who was body painted red wearing only a loin cloth has some serious Ronnie James Dioesque pipes in that bod!

3 Likes

I hate Ronnie James Dio with a passion so that’s not a selling point for me :laughing:

2 Likes

Hate him or not, ya gotta respect the talent even if you don’t dig the player.

If i didn’t have this attitude so many “art dance body in motion” bodies of work would have been thrown out of my office for breaching the subject.

1 Like

I don’t at all though. I would apply that to Devin Townsend where I’m just not a fan but it’s undeniable the dude is talented. Ronnie James Dio looks and sounds like an Italian grandmother. To be fair I have to imagine his joining Black Sabbath is why I hate him as opposed to just thinking he was lame.

My buddy was at a party once and some older dude was bragging about playing keyboards for Dio on tour at some point (like loudly and to everyone who would listen) and my buddy yelled “who fucking cares? Dio sucks” and the dude shut up for the rest of the night :laughing:

1 Like

Bahahahahahhahaahh!!!
:rofl:

1 Like

Dio did not suck.
Check out some of his older stuff with Blackmore’s Rainbow.
Dio had an awesome Rock voice. He was no Robert Plant, but the boy had some pipes.

3 Likes

Yeah i liked dio for dio. Tiny man, big voice, looks kinda like grandma

1 Like

Little man, big voice. Right. Check out some older Scorpions. Still Loving You. Winds of Change. Rock You Like a Hurricane. Klaus Meine was a rock god back in the day.

2 Likes

I just don’t like his voice. It’s like the Backstreet Boys- they clearly have vocal talent but I don’t want to listen to it.

I’m pretty particular though admittedly. I would probably be a big Iron Maiden fan but Dickinson’s voice grates me. I love playing some Maiden stuff on guitar.

1 Like

@Slick1 you should check out the warm soothing crooning of Barney of Napalm Death.

Here’s a fun diddy from these we lads of the West Midlands.

(note: the moment I put this track on my bird “Bubbles” started singing and dancing!)

4 Likes