Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 2)

Love at First Stingā€¦ One of the great albums of that era. Everything from Rock you Like a Hurricane to Big City Nights on that oneā€¦

dudeā€¦ DUUUUUDEā€¦ Bruceā€™s voice is a PERFECT fit for Maidenā€¦ Operatic and allā€¦ Lemme guess, Geoff Tate of Queensryche also grates youā€¦

2 Likes

Just who DO you like?
Let me guess.
Clay Aiken?
Niel Sedaka?
Barry Manilow?

4 Likes

He has an issue with Backstreet Boysā€¦ So that leaves only one possible conclusion. Heā€™s a New Kids On The Block fanā€¦

I think he has some Whitney Houston in his collection as well. Possibly some Baby Shark also.

smh

3 Likes

Yeah. And thereā€™s something wrong with a guy who doesnā€™t think Ronnie James Dio had one of the most perfect rock voices of that era.

3 Likes

I gotta agreeā€¦ Not a fan of him in Sabbath, but as Dio?? Who cares if he looks like an Italian Grammaā€¦

But ya gotta remember. This is all ā€œPre-Screamā€ era. That says something for his taste in music as wellā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, but Slick1 has style. Ya gotta give him that.

2 Likes

While we were listening to:

@Slick1 was listening to:

Keep that in mind @BigMike55 ā€¦

4 Likes

Bellbottoms had style tooā€¦ For the 60ā€™sā€¦

Slickā€™s style?? Iā€™m thinking if you follow Rick and Morty into some parallel universe in the 80s you might find slickā€™s styleā€¦

2 Likes

This thread is killing me! :rofl:

3 Likes

Just imagine if we TRIED to be funny!

This is serious stuff!!

Wait! You are confusing style for CLASS!
The man does have style.

3 Likes

I donā€™t love cookie monster shit either but I would listen to it over Dio.

I hate operatic so that could explain it :laughing: I donā€™t know enough Queensryche to comment.

Plant, Jagger, Ozzy, Axl, Morrison, Danzig (who actually sounds a bit like Morrison), Cornell, Vedder. And of course the greatest voice in rock/metal history- Layne Staley.

I just think they have the right stuff :laughing:

I think the opposite. Also might as well throw this out since Iā€™m bunching undies- Rush sucks! :sunglasses:

I donā€™t listen to anything scream.

Damn right!

Well that shows how little you know about me. If you knew anything about me youā€™d know I was stuck in the 90s :laughing:

1 Like

Italian opratic neoclassical metal is awesome and without Dio it wiuldnā€™t be a thing.

It is so awesome that it made British Count Dracula realize in his final years that he was indeed ā€œmetalā€.

So he colaborated and here we are:

I love how the dude who listens to one of the worst bands in music history (Phish) has anything to say about anyone elseā€™s musical tastes!

4 Likes

You havenā€™t heard of Insane Clown Posse?

5 Likes

ICP rules!

2 Likes

Dude, is your girl pregnant? Cause thats a dad joke right there!

I know when you grew up, Iā€™m just saying where I see your style. Rick & Mortyā€™s alternate 80s. Where Pretty in Pink and Sixteen Candles were more popular than Rocky, where skinny jeans made an appearance 20 years earlier than in our universe. Oh and something about be-dazzled vests I seem to recall, but honestly I tried to block all that out, it was pretty twistedā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m 66 years old. ICP does not RULE. Altho I do like some of their stuff. But I like other stuff I normally would not listen to. I just pulled them out of my butt, cuz I couldnā€™t think of anyone that was really worse than Phish.

4 Likes

Also has seen FAR more styles of music and concerts than you young grasshoppaā€¦ Experience factors in here son. You should listen to your elders a little :wink:

Off the top of my head? over 500 concerts. Including small venue shows? likely over 2000ā€¦

1 Like

Well, you have a broader taste in music than my pops, thats for sureā€¦even knowing who icp is. :laughing:

1 Like