Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 2)

I loves me some ICP. Was one of the most positive energy shows i’ve ever been too. Take THAT Phish.

2 Likes

Nothing better then some old school Foreskin
But I dont think many here listen to bands like that or
Rudimentary peni
Or Skrewdriver

Dude, when the band can kill the lights, and the crowd whistles the melody in unison, or when you can FEEL MSG bouncing to the beat? Phish brings the energy my friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

I went to a TOOL concert two years ago. One of the best shows I’ve seen recently. They have a drummer that will blow the top of your head off.

3 Likes

Saw Tool at Bonnaroo… Love their stuff, but seeing them? Looked like weezer, a bunch of pocket protector wearing nerds! I would have never picked them outta a crowd LOL. But they brought down the house that night.

1 Like

I’m mainly taking the piss.

A good friend followed along Phish for 2 tours paying their way by making and selling grille cheese sandwiches in the parking lot of each stadium.

She got better and is now a lawyer working for Toronto Housing.

Edit: when Blind Guardian played here, we let them sing the 1st line of “The Bards Song” before we (the audience) took over and sang the rest of the song to the band as a sold out choir while the guitarest played on. :metal:

1 Like

I tried that. Decided I was on tour to have fun and not work LOL thats what the real job was for. I got mad respect for those who manage to scrape by on grilled cheeses and 3 for $5 beers. Its work to make $$ like that on a lot where nobody has $$ either…

2 Likes

Unfortunately I have. I’d go to a Jugga-show before Phish any day of the week and that’s speaking volumes. Plus they aren’t a band!

I think the 80s were pretty lame in general. I also have to be reminded that my baggy cargo pants aren’t “in style” anymore to even realize it. It just doesn’t make any sense. Except the bedazzled vest, that sounds bitchin’.

So if someone has been to 505 boy band concerts do you have to defer to them? I feel like if someone has been to that many concerts of crap music that puts them in the negative. I could have seen a band made up of a dude saying “mayonnaise” repeatedly while his buddy farted on a snare drum 2000x and it doesn’t make me an aficionado :laughing:

Also would anyone want to start a band on here who can fart on demand? I get to be the guy saying mayonnaise!

Danny Carey’s drum tech was John Bonham’s tech. Danny is considered the Bonham of our time.

1 Like

I don’t know about all them new bands y’all calling out, I prefer more classic rock groups, such as Steppenwolf, Grateful Dead, Let Zeppelin, pink Floyd, etc lol
just my 2cents lol

7 Likes

They’d all make my list!

A drummer who farts into the mayonnaise and then puts it back in the fridge. Epic.

5 Likes

Only in @slick1’s house though. He likes the extra “flavor”…

3 Likes

A drummer who farts out mayonnaise onto the drum

3 Likes

OK. I’m dyin’ here. almost backed my coffee into my nose.

4 Likes

I think that’s called a rimshot

5 Likes

Do you only shop at military surplus store too? Cause that’s where i do my below the belt shopping :+1:

1 Like

Or a Felching ping?

1 Like

Laugh as you may, but we could all start writing songs today and never achieve the success of “Johnny Johnny, yes papa” or even “Gangnam Style”. Half of these artists being talked about can’t even come close.

I just heard a thing on the radio this morning where a caller said their dad and his buddies in college came up with a prank involving fart jars. They would get a mason jar and tape a piece of paper to the bottom inside so it looked like a note and then get in the bathtub and catch fart bubbles in the jar. They
d then leave it on people’s desks and when someone went to open it to read the letter the fart bubble would pop right in their face :rofl:

I have but most of my pants haven’t been made since like 2008 :laughing: Levis Loose Fit Straight Cargos, not the skinny bullshit they have now call that.

1 Like

Haha.
vs.
“There’s a lady who’s sure, all that glitters is gold. And she’s buying a Stairway to Heaven.”

Need I say more?

5 Likes