Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 2)

Yes sir! You the man!

3 Likes

Itā€™s also David Hume

You forgot dude :laughing:. I grew up on the west coast and dude is definitely all inclusive. Hell it even covers inanimate objects :rofl:

3 Likes

So much for the chat threadā€¦

1 Like

I also consider ā€œmanā€ to be gender neutral. I call Mrs Foreigner man all the time. Usually when she has irritated me.

2 Likes

Okok. I will take my talkative self over to chat instead of clogging the free seeds and clones thread.

I used to use ā€œdudeā€ all the time as it was most often used with me by women friend! :rofl:

Sadly, as I work in the arts it stopped translating years ago so Iā€™m sticking to the inclusive side of things to be both respectful and safe.

Fun part is if i ever get pushed itā€™s not like the 80/90ā€™s upbringing wont kick in and Iā€™ll cut you in half faster than you can say ā€œwait, are those my legs over there?ā€.

It makes the inclusive thing harder thoughā€¦ as iā€™m a loaded gun most of the time.

1 Like

It was on a podium surrounded by lasers in a secret room.

Granny be hustling :muscle:

2 Likes

I dig the new avatar @Mithridate

@Pigeonman may inquire as to what arts you are a part of? Iā€™m a former theatre person, myself
Edit: my family, of course will tell you that Iā€™m still a theatre person. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Was trained as a camera operator (motion picture film and video) as well as a grip/electric for the film industry. Cut my teeth, hating the bullshit attitudes and ended up falling in with the film arts crowd via a non-for-profit artist-run center based in moving image arts.

So now Iā€™ve spent the past 16+ years empowering those that have no resources to tell their stories, learn a new trade, make some kewl shit, or waste my fucking time. All in all after 16 years at the same place Iā€™m still smiling and having fun at work so I know it was the right call.

Basically my workplace supports 100years worth of film/video/HD workflows so my ADHD/OCD really fits in with the place :+1:

1 Like

My mother knew a nice Scottish lady who would sit around watching football with her little terrier, and smash out an adult sized sweater every couple of days.

Are you going to do dibs or trivia on the first knit-king sweaters? :laughing:

Behold the handiwork of Moira, which I suspect has outlived itā€™s creator.

3 Likes

Can I call dibs on the sweater?

My sister made me a Wesley crusher ensign outfit for Halloween as a joke. She did a pretty good likeness.

3 Likes

If youā€™re not already familiar with it, I highly recommend checking out AlliedMedia.org
And attending/participating with the Allied Media Conference this summer!
I attended virtually last time, and learned more than I ever could have imagined.

FUCKING NICE!

My partner doesnā€™t stop twiddling sticks OR poking with hooks. I have many a warm sweater and soon something made with Alpaca/Buffalo/Merano!

@HeadyBearAdventures , Iā€™m out of likes!

I was at this: https://www.filmlabs.org/dissemination/lab-meetings/nantes-2016-bains-argentiques/
And at this: https://www.imaa.ca/imaa-analogue-film-gathering-the-ecologies-of-film/

I missed the one in Mexico but I heard it was a shit show.

3 Likes

Just finished crocheting this blanket. Warm, breathable, and semi heavy. Soooo snuggable

7 Likes

I love that! I learned to knit years ago, but havenā€™t picked it up since. Still have my needles in a bottom drawerā€¦ Maybe this is a sign

1 Like

I have so many needles and hooks. But damn is the good yarn expensive lol. Screw that heartsaver acrylic crap :laughing:

2 Likes

I love this stuff. I had a thin toque made from it that was warmer than things 4 times heavier

Seriously. My partner and I stayed at an off grid homestead, camping, last summer.
They raised cashmere goats, and sheared and spun into yarn. We got one skein to help support the owners: $100

Did you end up making anything with it?