Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 2)

Fuck the only thing I can weave other than plants is metal:

(*each link made and cut by hand from 14g fence wire)

5 Likes

Hell yeah chain mail. Do you do wire wrapping? If not you should look into it.

If you mean jewlery: yes and no.

I prefer to use 50lb test waxed cord to wrap gemstones due to my intensity.
I’ve considering “viking knitting”, but would rather go into the garden.

3 Likes

She is saving it to make a birthday gift for her childhood friend.

@Pigeonman : Mithril!

1 Like

Maybe when this shitshow of a pandemic is over, we could have a meetup at a fest!

2 Likes

I saw some really pretty pieces of wire and it got me interested. Like how cool would I be to make something like this eventually.

3 Likes

I would ONLY EVER go out of my way to make that for myself or a deeply loved one.
No one would accept my price for labour and materials with all the underpriced import goods these days.

Looks SO nice though! :+1: Gawdy as FUCK = Me love.

I used to always buy the 2-4$ costume jewelry that was clearly the “end of the run” stuff where the colours made NO sence. So it ends up being ridiculous and overly unmatched in such a way (as if the person assembling them was both colour and tone blind) that if turns full circle and WORKS again; but not for everyone.

They are like the Troma Movies of costume jewelry; made with problems and lacking bits but done none the less and very charming for it.

2 Likes

I am totally not for hobbies becoming side hustles. It takes all the joy out of it and makes it work. I used to love costume jewelry but don’t wear much, if any, jewelry these days. If I learned how to wire wrap it would only be so I could look at pretty things, not to sell. I grabbed a few books from the library, underused resource in my opinion, to look at and decide if it’s a new hobby I want to learn.

2 Likes

I feel that. I learn for the sake of learning than share and apply the information when appropriate. Makes life both more fun and functional. Gaing a mass set of skills allows for so many applications and permutations when problem solving.

I can thing of enough times that some random learned task from a decade ago being applicable for something immediate on hand. The older i get the more those ask “where did you learn that?”, where my answer sounds side-ways to their ears as it’s from an erra out of conxect to their generation.

But usually then they just ask to learn and by golly i make sure they know how!

4 Likes

Same here, constantly learning strange stuff that come’s in useful at some point lol.

4 Likes

Giant laminated Bob Marley poster, do I hear 5$?

3 Likes

Eugene Garin painting, do I hear 3000$ ?

:laughing:

1 Like

That looks like a Chainmail Fuckvest. Right, @Slick1 ?

3 Likes

More like this

10 Likes

That it, I’m telling!

You CLEARLY need to talk with @Slick1

9 Likes

Lol. A number of years ago I was making tons of chainmail stuff. Loved it.

1 Like

He and I already established this is my chainmail battle vest: not fuck vest.

2 Likes

I’m saying perhaps he’ll custom order one :wink: little side hustle for you, something he’d never find otherwise, its win win! LOL

4 Likes

Fuck no it takes wayyyyyy to long! That thing is made solid. I mean i figured out the right ring to guage size allowing for metal cloth. I’ve tested it with many slashing items and all dulled on the test.

I bruised my buddy pretty hard hiting him wearing it with a machete. Shirt = fine, machete = dull, body builder friend = angry about bruise

3 Likes

super-troopers-cup

2 Likes