Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 2)

I just break pieces on accident. even bought a silicone pipe for downstairs due to concrete floors there (carpet upstairs).

i try to keep it to 3 for $20 spoons LOL, they ARE gonna break, its not if, its WHEN.

But I really would love one amazing special piece. Being a dive instructor as well, that octopus just BEGS me to go there and inquire on the price. its like a half hour away though. but I am tempted!

3 Likes

The spoon I have packed was 8 bucks at the gas station :joy:.

Iā€™ve broken a few over the years but my wife is on another level.

I had a real nice spoon ages ago that cost me a few hundred. I loved it. Then I ate too many bars and left it on a cops garage work bench (friends dad) RIP lol

1 Like

Gotta be careful with gas station spoons. Iā€™ve picked up 2 that you couldnā€™t draw on, like AT ALLā€¦ the center collapsed and no way to drill it out. Of course, I aint testing it at a gas station, and not knowing who tested it last, took the chance. Went back, the guy was cool, gave me ā€œhalf offā€ another, and same shit. Never went back. Left or right side carb screws me sometimes, I prefer left side and have grabbed a right side carb once or twiceā€¦

2 Likes

Those are good points! Never even thought about it. I always get em from the same gas station and they are always decent. At this point I just say a color I donā€™t make the guy bring the tray out.

1 Like

Well hell now thatā€™s a flat out bummer to find that @MoBilly canā€™t go to the circus!! i really didnā€™t know there were that many folks that wouldnā€™t be able to get in the front gate of my circusā€¦ Iā€™m so sorry to everyone for this. But, it had to beā€¦either that or I left and deleted everything on my way out

And Iā€™m still having minor ā€˜issuesā€™

4 Likes

I think draconian is a bit harsh to apply to basic engagement rules for a site.

Well I am glad you didnt complain, today is your 15th day here on OG bud, that means it was your first or second day when I said that. We had some issues back when trust levels were examined a few months back with people joining and asking for seeds constantly. It was getting pretty annoying to have folks asking for seeds right under the "this is their first post " message. Nothing personal but too many were using OG as their free seed bank and not contributing at all. Was like living downtown and not being able to stop for a coffee or burger without walking through a sea of panhandlers. Had you asked today I would have been much more receptive. Hope that makes sense.

9 Likes

Amen to that @DougDawson !! If you havenā€™t noticed, thereā€™s a lot of the ā€˜seed-hosā€™ not coming here any more since the changeā€¦

lol i just noticed that all of the shuffling around actually cost me some pips! lol oh my

5 Likes

Yes indeed, its unfortunate but had to be done. This is why most of my giveaways stopped for the summer. Some were even creating multiple sock accounts to get seeds, it was becoming a big issue. I am glad things got better.

5 Likes

The wife and I are both ā€˜leftiesā€™ lol so we prefer the left hand carbs

1 Like

You did just what you had to do my friend. I donā€™t have the horses to take up most of my free time so I guess Iā€™ll be lurking around the site more often.
Until then, Iā€™ll holler every now and then.
:wink:

4 Likes

THEREā€™S my cuz @MoBilly ! Damn cuz I didnā€™t know you wouldnā€™t be able to go to the circus!

2 Likes

Well lol you KNOW iā€™m always on your thread too so weā€™ll BS there and DMs etc until you get back whatā€™s needed to be able to go to the circus without an adult! :rofl: :wink: :crazy_face: :+1:

2 Likes

Point well made and I believe you are correct. I was just bummed about the temporary inability to join the hijinks on Johnnyā€™s thread.
The solution is that you guys will have to see a little more of me around here.
:wink:
Sorry.

5 Likes

Never be sorry cuz, just because you gotta show your uglyass mug donā€™t mean we gotta look at it!

4 Likes

It absolutely does, and I wasnā€™t offended; Iā€™m still not complaining. :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™m just working with the system you guys set up. The reason I asked my first day is because collecting IBL/landrace seeds is the main reason I signed up here, though I certainly never intended to sign up and then take off without engagingā€¦ itā€™s because Iā€™ve already collected a fair amount of them and was already intending to do preservation runs eventually, and the idea of spreading landrace genetics around appeals to me. Then the first day I signed up, I found that I was just a little late for your preservation run of a heirloom landrace, so I figured Iā€™d look into it. If youā€™re willing to now, I guess Iā€™m asking again; if not, Iā€™ll be fine without and will still come back tomorrow and next year. :slight_smile:

However, whatever seeds I might or might not be getting, I still think people like @MoBilly should be allowed access to whatever damn threads they want, even if he hasnā€™t read 25% of the messages on the forum. :stuck_out_tongue: And a system that doesnā€™t allow for that could use work, thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying. I also said above that I donā€™t think it can be changed anyway, itā€™s probably hard-coded and out of all our hands, so cā€™est la vie.

3 Likes

Wow Doug Dawson, now I learned what sock accounts are! I am glad things got better, I fully get it. I do have a question, how is the reading of 25% if messages posted in the last 100 days measured? What does messages mean? Just wondering if for example I am studying autos and go back in time and read a lot of posts from one member does that slow down my progress towards the 25%?

2 Likes

Always happy to have @MoBilly around. Feel free to hang out in either or both my BOG run threads :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a simple man I give what I dont need and almost never take anything without giving.
When I first joined I sent a handful of seeds to :canada: even extras cuz i dont grow autos. They never gave me a good review but idc.

check this thread out. @keene
Explaining user trust levels and permissions

3 Likes

If there are concerns with the TL system, read and please make your comment or suggestions, here:

If you have thoughts on site features or other suggestions:

There are also a number of other FAQs within the community subtopics:

More general information, which we suggest that everyone take a moment to read, including information on how this site is managed can be found under:

https://overgrow.com/faq
https://overgrow.com/about
https://overgrow.com/tos
https://overgrow.com/privacy

8 Likes