Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 2)

Donā€™t say, youā€™ll piss him/her off!!

Didnā€™t catch this with all the excitement over me not drinking coffee. :stuck_out_tongue: Apparently Iā€™m like a pink elephant in the room, you canā€™t believe youā€™re seeing it but itā€™s tough not to say somethingā€¦ anyway, good call on that. Definitely another reason to adjust it even if it could survive this way.

2 Likes

Just screwing around, @Cormoran

3 Likes

No worries, I also had my cookie this morning so Iā€™m feeling fine about it. Itā€™s tough not to be a drug addict in our society, really, unless youā€™re growing everything on a completely isolated, off-grid ranch buried under an active volcano. Most people get their legal drugs everywhere they go. Itā€™s the people who are willing to let the rest of their life burn as long as they get their drugs who give the rest of us addicts a bad name. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Itā€™s been a pleasure everyone!! Gotta go see my offspring!! Good Sunday to all!! :right_anger_bubble:

:bomb: @Pigeonman donā€™t light it up, ok!? :shushing_face: :hugs:

4 Likes

Have a great time with your self-mobile joy(s) @Abbbian !!!

1 Like

can I get in on the ā€˜awokeā€™ competition? i been up since 12:30!

2 Likes

I would have zero shame taking them lol

I saw him on a corner scratching and shivering. I thought I heard him say ā€œayy man ayy, you got that yerba?ā€

You ever gone to sleep and woke up so fast you got to see yourself sleeping?

1 Like

No I havenā€™t had that happen yet, But I have woke up and realized all this is just a dreamā€¦Iā€™m really in a prison cell on an islandā€¦

or is that the dreaming I woke up?

2 Likes

I shutter to imagine lol

I just made one of the top 3 breakfast sandwiches Iā€™ve ever eaten. Iā€™ve been making a bacon, egg, and grilled cheese sandwich lately and itā€™s always good but today was the pinnacle of culinary excellence. Egg - scrambled but in a patty kind of, Bacon- done slow in the oven. The egg came out perfectly cooked today, the thick cut bacon was perfect, bread was toasted magnificently.

Bread + cheese + 3 half strips of bacon + egg - cheese + 3 more half strips of bacon + cheese + bread = involuntary grunts of approval while eating.

5 Likes

STOP AROUSING ME WITH FOOD Iā€™D NEED TO PUT PANTS ON TO ACQUIRE!

:sandwich:

2 Likes

I love that slab bacon done in the oven lol use the ā€˜broilā€™ not the bake at high temp. cuts time down and gives it more of a sizzling fried crispnessā€¦
Also on a rack lol with tin foil under. less clean-up

also @Slick1 ā€¦just 3 pieces total?! poor ā€˜almostā€™ baconless sandwich!! i use 6 slices always lol

Actually you can just leave off the egg and cheese if ya want!! I do it that way sometimes lol

2 Likes

It was thick enough it might as well have been 6 pieces! lol

Iā€™ve done grilled cheese with bacon or even burgers but it never dawned on me to do bacon, egg, and cheese on one until a week ago. Iā€™m enjoying my creation!

Cut a thick slice of sausage. Put in frying pan. Get one side grey looking. Turn it over and smash it as thick as you like. Cook on medium until browned on both side. Fry up an egg in the grease. Cut a regular bagel in half and put in toaster. When light brown put egg , sausage and a slice of cheese. Heaven in a bagel for breakfast.

3 Likes

That settles itā€¦ I know whoā€™s cookin breakfast :smiley:

I used to eat a pound of bacon every sunday. Then I read about cholesterol. Now I eat a pound thru the course of a week. Not sure it makes any difference, but I figure we all got vices, and Iā€™m enjoying mine while Iā€™m still standing!

2 Likes

I get my bacon sliced by the butcher at the meat market, it comes in a bigass slab and i tell him every time cut it thicker! lol heā€™s used to wimpy slicing to make it stretch, I say that thin bacon is a waste!

1 Like

Now imagine if you had a real NJ/NY bagel to put it on!

My mind was devastated leaving this area and trying bagels, even from ā€œbagel shopsā€. Baking bread with a hole in the middle doesnā€™t make it a bagel! THEREā€™S RULES!!!

download

5 Likes

Oh manā€¦ If you are up my way, G&Aā€™s Bagels. That guy has been around the world teaching people how to make bagels, quite literally! Thats THE bagel sandwich around here.

In college weā€™d go there at 3am on a sat night, and he baked bagels for all the delis in the area. There would be a tiny path from the door to the register, and floor to ceiling bags of bagels for sunday morning delivery. Bet there still isā€¦

1 Like

We have one place that makes pretty decent bagels as far as real bagels go in general, but theyā€™re much bigger and way better suited for sandwiches. They also load them up with meat, egg, and cheese as if theyā€™re trying to hide how big the bagel is by making everything else insanely large. @JohnnyPotseed you would definitely get your bacon fix from one of them!

Thereā€™s another spot I would send you to for straight up bagels though. My GF being from MI thought she had eaten bagels and thought it was like bravado when I told her she hadnā€™t. She took one bite of a bagel here and between ā€œoh my God!ā€ and ā€œholy shit!ā€ she confirmed I was correct. Then pork roll was introduced and she began questioning everything she ever ate in her life before that moment :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah those bagels wouldnā€™t cut it in the City, nothing like a NYC bagel in the am and a slice to fold and eat while walking for lunch (or breakfast) Happy people are getting back to being out in the city again