Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

I do have an instant pot also. I donā€™t think mine has the sous vide option. Itā€™s the one thatā€™s a crock pot + air fryer. The duo. Or something like that.

1 Like

So easy then hold on

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the south. And have an electric fridgidaire oven.

And the instant pot is an instant pot duo crisp air fryer

2 Likes

Idk if you learn better via watching or reading, heres a video, you dont have to do the alcohol step.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you so much. Iā€™m going to watch it now :grin:

2 Likes

I recommend @Rogue 's thread, fun discussions around decarboxylation! Several awesome articles/resources, and member experiences if you read through

5 Likes

Hey @Greenfingers

Whatchoo do for work buddy? I started a new job this year - picked a great time to start HVAC work LOL shew :comet::fire:

2 Likes

Yeah and If you want it more sedating, let it natural release, for about 15-20 minutes, and remember to let it cool, that way you save all the terpenes.

The steam on a quick release will smell a little weedy though for sure haha

2 Likes

Awesome video. How would you change this for trim? If at all. I know I have to use more trim than if I were to use bud. Still works?

@Dr.VitaminGreen

2 Likes

Im a steelworker, I burn heavy plate, 32 years at this place.

1 Like

Dang man. I can not imagine. I had a cousin who poured molten for a Die Cast place for a summer. Hot stuff

Yeah it was pretty steamy today.

1 Like

Go to the free seeds and free clones and put a guess in for seeds

1 Like

Yah, I usually just figure like 5% THC potential for trim, so base your math on that, what you want to hit for the entire batch.

1 Like

I forget how to do thatā€¦ so 2 oz would be 28x2=56. Then 56x1000=56,000mg. Then 56,000x.05?

That would be 2,800mg. But my brownie mix only calls for 1/2 cup of canna butter. I figure it will take at least 1 1/2 cups butter to cover 2 oz trim lol Iā€™m having a brain fart.

1 Like

X .05 for 5% so should be 2800mg potential based on 5% trim

1 Like

Yeah, I fixed it. My bad lol. I was editing as you were posting I guess.

For that 1/2 cup of butter, what would you aim for?

1 Like

Just depends on what size you want the brownies really. Take your total oil whatever you use and thatā€™s just your concentrate basically, so if itā€™s 2 cups total to cover it, strain and lose a bit, letā€™s say 1350mg potential a cup, so 700~mg per half cup, then divide by how many brownies you make. 12 brownies into 700 is roughly 59mg a piece

1 Like

Whatever you end up doing, might I suggest using a potable mixer and whip that butter. It will disperse the good stuff throughout the butter and suspend it. Thats how I do it anyways. Seems like it make my cookies/brownies a lot fluffier and I feel it put an equal amount throughout.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a good tip, I hadnā€™t ever really seen that. Makes sense though for sure

1 Like