Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

If the container is sealed the relative humidity should be pretty stable. For how long are you storing the jars?

I donā€™t use bodeva packs but the large flip-top jar Iā€™ve been using holds pretty steady around 60%RH.

15Ā°C/63%RH That jar used to be way more full but the humidity was the same. I suppose ā€œlong-termā€ storage has never been a problem of mine, but thatā€™s a good problem to have.

1 Like

these days my jars seem fine without them, always too moist with them. itā€™s not a one time thing, jarred for a short time or long i always had the same result. i use to have people tell me my bud was too dry even though i liked the texture/moisture, but that was a long time ago, iā€™ll just have to experiment and figure it out. i have those small humidity/temp monitors in each jar and they seemed the same with or without the boveda packs.

2 Likes

I actually also find them to keep my buds a bit to ā€œwetā€ or almost sponge feeling after a long time.

I thought it was just me not having ever perfected the way to properly storage seal my jars.

I was thinking of using some diy vacuum jars instead of packs. I built a few mason jar lids that are designed for vacuum sealing when I experimented with making COB last year :yum:

Or I was thinking to maybe even changing the pack size. I have found a few smaller ones by a different company that I think might help my situation.

1 Like

yep, spongey describes it pefectly. iā€™ve tried different size packs with the same result. the boveda booth at a canna convention i went to just stuffed my tote bag full of them, lol. iā€™m gonna try without them next harvest and see how that works.

2 Likes

Interesting. I really thought I was the only one. Please keep me updated. Iā€™ll let you know how the vacuum jar storage turns out. Might try one with a pack, one without and let them sit untouched for awhile. Both vacuum sealed I mean.

have you noticed a change in smell to go along with the spongey-ness of the buds? mine always smell like theyā€™re reverse curing or something, lol. theyā€™re not improperly cured or anything but i feel like they alter smell somewhat after , not a leafy or hay smell at all, just an odd smell that presents itself only in the boveda cured jars. moisture-ish if that makes sense. and thatā€™s with a monitored dry/cure, i donā€™t think iā€™m making a mistake but i guess that could be possible.

2 Likes

Mine so also change in smell now that you mention yeah. Donā€™t know how to describe the smell thou. I get almost like a paper or something kinda smell mixed with spice. No matter what strain it always takes on the same scent.
Not really spice. Idk what to call it. But definitely like a paperish kind of smell. I guess you could say like reverse cure in a way.

1 Like

exactly. i donā€™t have a harvest soon because iā€™m making seeds, but iā€™ll defnitely go without the boveda packs next harvest.

1 Like

Well thatā€™s very interesting haha. Now Iā€™m thinking it has to be the packs because what would the odds be ?

Alright I also happen to be doing beans now too haha, but I will have some OD girls done around October Iā€™ll try sealing up with and without and see if that helps.

2 Likes

I have to agree the packs seem to change the smell over time. Iā€™ve found vacuum sealing at the right time to be the best method of getting the most out of your buds .
Air tight storage if they smell great going into the bag they smell just as good or better coming out Iā€™ve found.

5 Likes

You feeeze afterwards ?

2 Likes

I do , but also it stores very well in a cool dark place .

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always frozen it as well. But itā€™s tough unless you have a dedicated stand up (mine was recently lost, just died not long after my mini fridge stupid appliances and their crap lifespans) or deep freezer. Itā€™s not an issue I have atm but I know I will run into in the near future. Was curious about in a cardboard box maybe? Cool/dark would be ideal I suppose

1 Like

Iā€™ve got some in a carry on bag zippered shut in a cool spot . Works well always packed and ready to go .

3 Likes

Haha I was literally watching this end of the world show last night. DMZ I said to my wife ā€œyou know I really should do that with some dope no? Just makes senseā€ she just shrugged her shoulders of course but now I MUST

4 Likes

Go bag

11 Likes

Does anyone have any recommendations for websites with forums to talk to people about marijuana and the industry besides this one? Iā€™m trying to learn more and find the best resources.l

3 Likes

Welcome to OG, drop by the introduce yourself thread and meet the group when you get a chance. I know of no better place to learn than OG and it will take quite some time to learn all there is here to learn so if it were me I would just focus on meeting some of the folks here and exploring topics that you are interested in. Once you do you will be much less likely to be asking for recommendations on other sites when all you need is here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey there, there are a few. In terms of size, probably rollitup, icmag, grasscity and thcfarmer are pretty big. Honestly, i find community is what makes these places, so get to know people wherever you end up and you will be fine

There is also sites like grow diaries that are similar, but set up differently.

If you google popular cannabis forums, you can get a pretty good idea

3 Likes

I agree with everything you said. I donā€™t use them anymore eitherāœŒļø

1 Like