Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

@StevieG Pardon my saying, but for someone from another part of the planet, it looks as though it ainā€™t earth, what Iā€™m looking at!! :flushed: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :hugs:
Awesome!! Overgreen the world! Pardon me! Overgrow!! :green_heart:

4 Likes

@DrGonzo13 hope your dad is doing better.

3 Likes

Man the world has changed. When I was growing up it was more like.

7 Likes

Dude, I just went through all my old toys that were boxed up from my childhood, lots of Star Wars toys.

I was showing them to the wife(she called me nerd) and then my toddler started playing with them and saw an R2D2 and said ā€œtrash can robot?ā€

Now he loves to play with them. Talk about wholesome fun, itā€™s amazing to sit and play with them and see them through his eyes.

5 Likes

My son has some Star Wars stuff tucked away and tons of Star Wars Legos. He turned 18 and found girls. :wink:

3 Likes

Haha damn! Well, Iā€™m glad my parents boxed them away for me, and lots of childhood stuff. Finally now that Iā€™m stable and I am going back through it, itā€™s great memories for real.

Definitely canā€™t blame him though hehe

2 Likes

Morning @CanuckistanPete!!
Despite having to agree, next thought jumped in, ā€œWhat are we gonna do about it!?ā€
Morning @JohnnyPotseed!!
As for me, better said, for us, what one loves about Fridays and Saturdays is, freedom, relaxation, joy, fun, pleasure, deliciousness of various senses (sex, food, etc.,)! Question is, all that wonā€™t suit or fit well on Mondays! Wonder why! No accident we live different lives on different days!! And these days have different spots and names in our lives!
Good morning everyone!! :seedling: :leaves:
:hugs:

4 Likes

Morning Abbbianā€¦I only have about a half hour in the morning to eat/coffee/surf the net, then gotta run.

Canā€™t agree with you more.

2 Likes

Are fried eggs a common accompaniment to Brazilian cuisine?

There are two Portuguese restaurants in my city that I really enjoy, and every single menu item includes the option ā€œFried egg on top $0.60ā€. Literally every menu item from both restaurants, with maybe the exception of the wine list which I never checked.

Either way, its good eating!

1 Like

@lophophora.ca Hey friend! Most likely more a Portuguese cultural habit, yet Brazilians do eat a lot and cook with eggs all the time.
If you havenā€™t tried, whenever you go back, write it down so by the time youā€™re in front of the waitress/waiter and probably a bit too stoned, you donā€™t forgetā€¦ ā€œPastel de BelĆ©m or Pastel de nataā€ which does not make much sense since ā€œpastelā€ is usually associated with fried wheat dough with a filling, it is a deliciously baked ā€œbreadā€ which reminds one more of either croissant or a type of phyllo, or filo pastry with an egg based cream as a filling (not far, yet not the same as custard). Simply irresistible! Try it and thank the Portuguese later! :flushed: :sweat_smile: :hugs:

17 Likes

Good morning yā€™all.

Got my workout in at 0600, now about to go to the library for the kiddo.

89F and 76% humidity currently. Can only run the grow tent at night haha.

#swamplife

5 Likes

That sounds extravagant, I will check it out.

I get similar confusion in the Latin American markets. Every country has a different take on what ā€œpastelā€ actually means, I could have sworn they were just making fun of my Spanish until I realized much like ā€œempanadaā€ the word is open to interpretation :rofl:

Are you kidding? I picked up most of my Spanish listening to Cypress Hill. Surely that skill will translate to Portuguese also

5 Likes

Look at the previous post, baked!!

3 Likes

Oh just saw the picture. Yeah they just call those Portuguese tarts here. Incidentally the lady at the local farmers market beats the pants off of the restaurants for Portuguese tarts.

Now Iā€™m hoping the market is open today :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

These things are the best. They make custard tarts at Chinese bakeries near me but there is no Portuguese bakery around here. I wish.

3 Likes

What was the Duck Volkswagen? Lol @shag

The only Portuguese I know is from Joao Gilberto. Great stuff.

Languages that are similar confuse me. I speak a weird English/French/Spanish hybrid that seems to get me by :joy:

3 Likes

DIBS PLEASE :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Went to a local feed store cause I am lazy and didnā€™t want to piece together all the parts for a LC soilless mix and I found the owner supplies a lot of nurseries around me with his mulch company and bags the soil they sell by the yard for small consumers like myself.

12$ for this mix, 2 cubic foot worthā€¦itā€™s hard for me to beat that if I think about my labor, and gas.

Now I just need to order some BAS nutrient and mineral mix or get some DTE products or get a KIS organics kit.

4 Likes

If I sprayed sts on a few branches of a clone, reverse those, pollinate the remaining branches and chop the sts branches off, can I use the remaining bud for anything? Edibles, maybe?

4 Likes