Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

get the kijiji app and set a search alert for your area. I get so many things at like 75-80% off retail slightly used from folks just wanting to get rid of gifts they didnt want that I didnā€™t get :rofl:

Or people that invested and failed. 2 of my AC infinity fans came from Data Miners that gave up.

3 Likes

Sweet, thanks for that! +REP

1 Like

Mine is electric as well, I think you will be fine at somewhere between 220 and 235 ishā€¦ again not over 250 .

1 Like

it may go against what everyone says, but i never decarb in the oven or anything when making cannabutter. i just throw 2-4 ounces in a crockpot with 4 sticks of unsalted butter, cooked on high for 8-10 hours stirring every 45mins. always works just fine. i havenā€™t made edibles in years but they always turn out hella potent, no issues at all. and i confirm on the squeeze the cheesecloth , just be careful of the heat on the liquid in the cheesecloth, easy to burn your hands. a day in the fridge will make the cannabutter rise to the top of the bowl. a big stainless steel bowl always worked for me.

3 Likes

Heres a quote from GEā€™s website, and why I donā€™t mess with ovens anymore

ā€œThe temperature range can vary by + 30 degrees and ā€“ 30 degrees as the oven cycles on and off for a total temperature fluctuation of 60 degrees . This fluctuation is common for our ovens. Some may fluctuate a little more, some a little less.ā€

3 Likes

I have it at 180 for now letting it dry a little before I cover it. Iā€™ll try the 220 and keep checking it. You guys grind it after decarb?

In your video, I saw the lady used her instant pot to decarb also. Pretty cool.

I grind a bit. BEFORE decarbing not powdery but like if I was smoking a bowl or just a bit bigger.

2 Likes

Just downloaded that! Going to go get lost in the listing haha

2 Likes

you get used to this with any heat source that isnā€™t super stable. I got an analog thermostat that goes into my oven as a redundancy for the ovens digital one. Over a testing period it told me that my ovenā€™s thermostat is 10f hotter than itā€™s settingā€¦ so I wanted 230f and when I set it to 220f it was spot on for the second test and the first actually decarb using it.

(@Dr.VitaminGreen re: kijiji I left a search open for a canoe for 2 years before I ended up getting one for $150 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )

4 Likes

Yā€™know. Now that you say that. I remeber back in the day a friend made some brownies that we ate before we went to see 2001:n A Space Oddysey and we all got off good on it. And I seriously doubt if he ar anyone else had ever even heard of decarbbing. Hmmmmm! Something to ponder. Is it really necessary?

3 Likes

I would say yes .

3 Likes

THCA-THC from heat

2 Likes

Or maybe the heat from baking the brownies was enough decarbbing to do the job? So if one decarbs his cannabis first then makes brownies, is he decarbing a second time?

3 Likes

Idk if brownies ever get up over 200F? Lol I have never thought to look up the finishing temp of brownies before

1 Like

Hey mike, since u use a crock pot and Iā€™ve been wondering about it- what setting do you use to simmer the butter/weed? Mine has HIGH and LOW (and warm)

My crock pot wouldnā€™t go low enough to use it.And warm wasnā€™t warm enough insta pot is what I use.

1 Like

Says it finishes at 210F for cake like lol. Learn something new everyday.

3 Likes

Hey thought this woud be a cool read for yā€™all

3 Likes

i donā€™t think itā€™s necessary at all depending on your methods, but i think itā€™s common practice from what iā€™ve read .