Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

Give that link a click and readā€¦ very informative!!

I usually set it to high to get the temp up, then put it on Low to let it go for your set time. I choose 4-5 hours. I put the oil in a mason jar with the weed and on the bottom of the crockpot I put three mason jar lid rings. Then put the jar on top of those. Then fill water to about where the weed mixture is. High for about 15-20 min then Low for 4-5 hours.

5 Likes

Itā€™s crazy how many different temps and durations there are lol thatā€™s why itā€™s hard without just going for it and learning from experience. I just want it to turn out potent the first time damn it lol Iā€™m so impatient.

The video that dr. Shared earlier, the lady pressure cooks it for 30 min with natural release (probably about another 30 minutes.

The first time I did it on stove top (using a thermometer that didnā€™t make it after that) I think I simmered it for 3 hours. But I was having to check it every 10 minute or so. I didnā€™t want to spend all night watching butter and weed simmer lol

Thank you guys

3 Likes

Darnit. Thatā€™s a Canadian only app hahahah, I started to look and was like whatā€™s going on

3 Likes

I agree with the stinging plants . Iā€™m usually not effected but once and a while Iā€™ll come across one that does . I like a bit of amber also when finished from what he considered done .

2 Likes

I donā€™t even wanna talk about amber. Since growing in coco itā€™s so damn difficult to get amber.

3 Likes

Yeah for sure ā€¦ Iā€™m looking for studies on trichsā€¦ and found a better 1 that has major cross references etcā€¦ super cool!!! Frontiers | Cannabis Glandular Trichomes: A Cellular Metabolite Factoryā€¦ makes my brain hurt lol but I like it

1 Like

Hps will get you the amber are your running led ?

2 Likes

Or add some uv!!

1 Like

Cheap 315 cmh for the last couple weeks works well too .

2 Likes

I decided to switch to botanicareā€¦ for several reasonsā€¦ but ā€¦ Iā€™m hoping to get a grow going easier with less products etcā€¦ fingers are crossed!!!

1 Like

Can I ask why grow in coco then lol? Not being a smartassā€¦ just curiousā€¦ " I tried coco and I didnā€™t do wellā€¦ then againā€¦ I havenā€™t done well with anything yet lol" :confused:

1 Like

No, but typically I get better results from decarbing before boiling. Both methods work great bet its the difference between edibles causing illiteracy and edibles causing incontinence. For real, Iā€™ve seen people get really high.

Bake time on brownies and cake is much longer than cookies. Fits in with the 240Ā°F for 40 minutes method. I mean I doubt the brownie internals get anywhere near 240Ā°F, but the environment is definitely conducive to decarboxylation.

2 Likes

Because the growth seems lot better to me. And I like being to control nutrients instead of just throwing it in a pot of soil and watering and hoping for the best.

Thatā€™s the only problem I havenā€™t figured out is why my trichs wonā€™t amber like in soil.

And yes, LED lights.

2 Likes

But u can do same w like promix etcā€¦

Or growth slower in promix for u?

1 Like

Iā€™ve never tried promix. A couple months ago I noticed our Walmart was carrying it and almost bought some but didnā€™t know anything about it. Now theyā€™re out of it lol

1 Like

Itā€™s good stuffā€¦ add about 25 percent perliteā€¦ and itā€™s killer!! Then your calmag fight will be easier as well as coco has issues w it right?

Buy the stuff in the white bagā€¦ with the mycorrhizae in itā€¦ promix HPā€¦ or bx and add say 35 percent perlite or higherā€¦ hp has a lot and I add 25 percentā€¦ so I know bx would probably need moreā€¦

1 Like

Next time they have it, Iā€™ll grab some. But it was in a big red bale. Not sure if thatā€™s the same thing but I know it said promix

1 Like