Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

I think thatā€™s the bxā€¦ nopeā€¦wait itā€™s differentā€¦

No hydro stores around you? Theyā€™ll be able to get it for sure !!!

Amazon charges a whopping 100 dollars for it to be deliveredā€¦ thatā€™s about 40 to 45 dollars higher than if u just drove to either an ace hardware or hydro storeā€¦ the red one is differentā€¦looks like it has coir in itā€¦ the bx and hp are peat only ā€¦ better!!! Donā€™t forget that extra perlite!! Good luck!!

1 Like

The 6 million Dollar Man.

1 Like

My friend on ILGM @ Hell raiser. He has gone afk. I really like the guy. I hope that all of us donā€™t go afk. It scares me to know I have a friend and then gone. No nothing. Peace

Promix BX is my go-to plant bed :grin: :+1: I donā€™t add anything to it sometimes as I use airpots; in nursery or fabric pots Iā€™ll add a little more perlite because I can.

I pay 35$ :canada: bucks for a bail.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on ILGM also. Been keeping up with the threads I still have set to ā€œwatchingā€ through email. Iā€™m not on there much these days.

As for hellraiser, I just hope they didnā€™t catch him. Being in Texas and all. Maybe heā€™s like me and the wifi has just been outā€¦. But for several months. Idk tho. I have a feeling itā€™s something serious. He usually posted several times a day and would give a heads up when he wasnā€™t going to be online for however long. Kinda weird. Hope heā€™s ok.

Iā€™ll definitely have to check it out. Seems like our Walmart gets one shipment of summer shit, gets rid of it, then onto the next season of shit. Maybe they got it by accident bc Iā€™ve never seen them carry it. I was shocked.

1 Like

Home Depot carries it too. Bought a bale and my bud who I supply with clones and our summer grows stopped by and left me another one.

1 Like

Hell yeah, I wasnā€™t even thinking. They have coco sometimes, why wouldnā€™t they have promix lol

Do you guys treat it like coco? Whatā€™s different about it?

Some of the pro mix has has beneficial mycorrhiza in them. This is my mix this year

4 Likes

Home depot also has these, if you are building your own. Those compressed packs seem cool too, I couldnā€™t decide between the yellow and the red one like you got @Greenfingers

Iā€™m pretty sure the red bale I saw was the one just like you have in the picture! Except maybe bigger.

So u treat it like soil then?

I get my coco as 5Kg bricks from botanicare or montsantoā€¦ I mean General hydroā€¦ shipped to me directly for about 16.75 USD. Amazon will ship for 20. I do have a buddy that uses Promix from Home Depot and he gets fantastic results and swears by it. I do believe it is easier to recover from plant issues quickly with hydro versus soil, but each media has its inā€™s and outā€™s ā€“ with some gotchaā€™s thrown in for good measure. I see nothing wrong with using Promix: it has a great price point and is easily accessible. :v:

2 Likes

I like coco too. I reuse mine and get it from Amazon. I think I paid $11 for my last 5k block. Plus reusing it makes it cost almost nothing lol just wish I could figure out what Iā€™m doing wrong bc my trichs donā€™t mature as well as when I grew in soil. Maybe flushing more would help? But Iā€™ve googled and flushing is one of those ā€œno! Never do it, it doesnā€™t matter!! Only flush your toiletā€ then ā€œYes! Always flush! No matter what!ā€ Kind of things lol

Edit: when I say my trichs donā€™t mature as wellā€¦ Iā€™m talking about getting amber. I love the growth and density, just need those babies to give in a little sooner lol

3 Likes

Canadian tire usually sells promix also peavy mart has it.

1 Like

My local hydro store loads the bails of Pro mix into my vehicle for me. :green_heart: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Also sunshine 4 if itā€™s available in your area is good also .

1 Like

Peavy mart set a full pallet in the back of the truck for me a couple summers back . Guy says you planning on doing some gardening ?Hereā€™s your sign . Lol
Forgot to mention Iā€™d said nope heard thereā€™s gonna be a shortage and I was planning to resell it .

2 Likes

That red package is different than what I use no coco fiber in mine .

You can also count on the natural coco fiber to increase moisture retention. Therefore, you spend less time worrying about under or overwatering your plants info from there web site

3 Likes