Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

I know exactly who he means.

3 Likes

Iā€™m extremely sorry to hear of this, youā€™re the last person who deserves it!

4 Likes

The world is full of buttmunchers, too bad some have to find their way onto OG!

5 Likes

Something on the lighter side, my dog learned how to take a selfie.

10 Likes

Youā€™re in trouble man. First its selfies, next thing heā€™s ordering door-dash when you aint homeā€¦

10 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure EVERYONE knows who we are speaking ofā€¦. I always assumed the mods just booted the idiots quickly thatā€™s why this place was so much better. But this guy just keeps going on people. People who mess around behind computer screens usually have some serious issues outside of the internet, and 99% would not even consider acting that way when within arms reach of people. I find it amusing that anyone can find that type of pestering and ignorance ā€œFUNā€ :man_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

I think that one on the right is the trouble maker . Can always tell the one that wonā€™t look you in tbe eyes!

3 Likes

Uugā€¦ I need something to kill these damn fungus gnats in 1 of my tentsā€¦ I get mixed reviews on most products that I would actually be willing to apply to my soil. I had knocked them back with some need drenches before and then top dressed with a layer of compost to snuff them out.

Turns out the compost I used to snuff them out and get rid of them, also brought them all back because it must have been infestedā€¦ Damn plants are past the halfway point of flower and I am just not 100% sure wtf I should do at this point since I brought them all back in mass on accident.

Maybe I just need to keep hitting the top of the soil with a neem mix till they are knocked down.

Feel free to chime in with something I might accept using in this bed to try.

Also I do have a bunch of sticky traps around snagging all they can.

5 Likes

More neem and a top layer of sand might work.

1 Like

Rice hulls on top maybe ?

2 Likes

Your right, thatā€™s Ollie and doesnā€™t listen to anything you say. Heā€™s in his own world. He has that im gonna tear some stuff up while youā€™re at work attitude.

3 Likes

I should not say this, cuz I was batted down for it once before. But I use Diatomaceous Earth. Not a layer but just a dusting, and only when the surface of the soil is dry. once it get wet it is useless for insects. and you would let the surface dry out once again and re-apply. Do that several (non)-watering sessions and keep it dry. Works for me, and I had them bad. On my research, it slices the bodies of the insects trying to come out of the soil, they dehydrate and die. Thats my story, and Iā€™m sticking to it.

9 Likes

Same concept behind the rice hulls, they slice those little bastards into pieces while trying to crawl out. I know several people who swear by the diatomaceous stuff.

1 Like

I hear steel wool works well :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are those around here that will say, ā€œThat shit donā€™t workā€ or ā€œIt just turns into concreteā€
Its because they put a fuggin 2 inch layer of that stuff. But its all goodā€¦ I use it now and will continue to and my soil does not turn to concrete.

4 Likes

Well I am down to try whatever natural solution I can. I have lots of neem and lots of rice hulls, but no DT on hand to try at the moment. These bastards have blows the hell up though and I need to mitigate them ASAP.

This is a 2x4 bed of soil, so trying not to use anything that will build up or harm the soil biology too much.

1 Like

If you have them that bad, you may need to adjust your watering schedule. I find that they show up mostly from me keeping the soil too moist.

But give the DE a try. Its made from tiny ocean critters that have died and fossilized. I believe, without looking at the bag, it contains Silica. So even if it washes into the soil, the plant can utilize the leftovers until its washed out. But agin, the key is a light dusting. Thats all it takes a DUSTING.

1 Like

I need to restock on some meat products anyways, so maybe I will go look at Ace Hardware while I am near town and see if they have any DE I can pick up. I should have an extra salt shaker around somewhere I could throw some in to dust the bed with heh.

I may try to spray the bed with neem, top it with rice hulls as it dries for a number of days, then dust the top with DE after. We shall see, I just need to get rid of these things again.

Just sucks I basically re introduced them again with that compostā€¦

1 Like

I finally got rid of mine, spray the soil with Safers Endall, sticky traps and I inspected the leaves and crushed any I found on the leafs.

1 Like

Do you have the whole top lined with crushed up rice hulls? If not try that right away, then go on to the DT and use it in conjunction with. Double whammy. Suppose I should have read your previous post firstā€¦. Lol thatā€™s gotta get em bro