Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

Geez! Hope you and your wife are doing better this morning @BigMike55.

1 Like

UTIā€™s can be painful, I hope whatever they gave her takes effect quickly!

Many blessings to you both! :pray:t2:

1 Like

She has had this before. What really hurts is the outlay of cash, this early in the year. Insurance copays and deductibles tear up a personā€™s bank account pretty bad. Guess we will survive.

5 Likes

I was reading back thru this thread. Anyone know whatā€™s up with @corey ? Hope everythingā€™s better for him.

4 Likes

It sucks that healthcare is just another industry for making money.

3 Likes

I messaged him directly and heā€™s being discreet. Whatever is going on itā€™s clear heā€™s hurting and I really do hope that things work out. :sob:

My entire life I always run to help out those I care about, but iā€™ve never been in a position to financially help someone out; so I always put myself to work as I can offer a higher dollar value through my actions versus the patheticness of my arts funded ā€œpiggy bankā€.

7 Likes

Man, that sucks. Corey is a great guy. Hope things work out for him. Sadly, my bank account is tapped out for a while. Medical issues are eating me up right now.

4 Likes

I know, I know. CHAT thread!

TeamOG is working to determine what is going on with the recent postings made via Coreyā€™s account. Please hang tight and avoid making assumptions until we have further information to share.

10 Likes

Sorry @Northern_Loki
I got carried away and worrying about my buddy @corey .

4 Likes

No worries. But, hang-tight. Things are not always as they seem. We are working to clarify.

6 Likes

Thanks @Northern_Loki and apologies for forgetting myself in the FSFC thread :pray:

All youā€™re reading here is love and care for a fellow OGer who sounded like they were sending up the ā€œOGā€ symbol for help during a bad time.

No assumptions: only love. :hugs:

3 Likes

As @Qtip said anonymous4289 & @chronix USE CANDLE WAX ON YER ZIPPERS!

The first thing I do after getting ANYTHING with a zipper is rub a candle on it when open. Then opening and closing the zipper spreads this wax around as a thin layer of lube. Itā€™s like using graphite on a lock to keep it smooth but for any zippers (metal or plastic)

2 Likes

This is how it needs to be anyway. My wife gives all our (extra?) money to help folks, and Iā€™m all about going out of my way to do what needs done. We already are struggling financially, so Iā€™m all about sharing food and services to those in need. It sucks that $$ is such a slave driver in this world. Weā€™d all be better off if we just took care of each other.

Saying that, Iā€™ve got 12 bucks in my pocket I can send your way @corey ! Iā€™d be happy to. Itā€™s not much but if it makes a difference, itā€™s yours. Sorry I donā€™t have any digital funds accounts.

Hope whatever is going on clears up quickly, buddy!
:heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

Downtown in my teens and 20ā€™s iā€™d always share the food I had on me when a genuine in need character asked for change. (except for my coffee, that nectar was MINE.)

If they accepted they were grateful, and those that didnā€™t accept always demanded money for food not the food I hadā€¦ so I told them politely ā€œI cannot give you what I do not have, but my offer for what I DO HAVE is still openā€. Sadly this usually was responded with rudeness and I walked off.

Iā€™m not going to give the little I have for drug use, but I would to help you survive this harsh world.

7 Likes

Nice man. I was one of those folks you speak of back when I was 15 through 17. I was never able to panhandle or ask strangers for stuff, it was just something that was beaten into me as I grew up. You took care of yourself, you didnā€™t take from anyone no matter the reason. As I have grown up I have realized just how stupid and wrong that thinking was. A real man or woman needs to learn that a helping hand is sometimes needed and should be welcomed. There is no shame in allowing your fellow human beings the joy of helping.

8 Likes

Yeah those that always said ā€œThank you so very muchā€ were often the squeegie kids at Spadina/Queen that used the fountain water for their ā€œworkā€. They actually cleaned the carā€™s window and were both kind and courteous so the drivers were never worried about them approaching.

It was when the suburb kids came down with squeegees stolen from gas stations and they started threatening cars that said no is when the hammer came down for everyone. Was brutal, as many times a window wash = a loonie or a twoonie which meanā€™t by end of day you could have a hot meal and a warm place to sleep.

3 Likes

Yeah, those were my stomping grounds. The Evergreen, Seaton House, Allen Gardens, the Salvation Army drop in, the Good Shepherd. That was back when the street was covered in arcades. If you could avoid the scum you could sleep in the Rio till 6am for $6. Ford drugs was open early for breakfast if you had money upon leaving. The place is not recognizable any more. They put up Younge and Dundas square, Sams is gone, all the arcades are gone. Even the chess tables and street vendors that were at Yonge and Gould are gone. No more Rockwell jeans, no more Big Slice, lol, thatā€™s progress for you.

3 Likes

omg the big slice!!! I used to love taking the streetcar down from bathurst station, and traversing over through kensington and then across queen west and ending up getting lunch at the big slice. Growing up in the annex pre cell phones, we used to make the downtown our playground, and leave the house in the morning with a little bit of money, and just explore. I miss the old Toronto, all of the industrial zones where liberty village is now, and walking the train tracks along Dupont over to the brickworks.

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ Toronto isnā€™t Toronto any more. Itā€™s become what folks thought Toronto WAS as scene is EVERY MOVIE shot up here.

Edit: last time i was in London, Ont i felt like it was back in 90ā€™s Tdot.

4 Likes