Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

Love the sound of them. They have started singing here as well.

4 Likes

Itā€™s wonderful to hear them! This early in the year makes me feel really behind for outdoor preparation lol

3 Likes

Lol same :joy:

2 Likes

@HappyTrees23s love the sound of the birds in the morningā€¦ they must not be observant of DST though. 4-5amā€¦ my rooster isnā€™t even out calling yet!

3 Likes

Waitā€¦ you guys talking frogs or birds? Lolā€¦ donā€™t mind me. :metal::v:
ā˜†djsf

5 Likes

Frogs that sound like birds? :relaxed:

6 Likes

Chirp, chirp :wink:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Yupā€¦ unmistakable sound of spring :slight_smile: tiny little frogs but you can hear em FAR away. Swamp behind me is about a half mile away and I hear them loud!!

7 Likes

Those are mob victims croaking out pleas for their lives!

5 Likes

We had a bunch of snow yesterday and than 7deg today, goes up to 17deg tomorrow. Still some freezing temps ahead in crazy Ontario. Thatā€™s 44.6 and 62.6 for the rest of you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That frog truly is super cute! :slightly_smiling_face:

The ā€œpeepersā€ sound cute too, I do much prefer sand over slime, truth be told. :relaxed:

Sounds of :tulip:Spring :tulip: and Iā€™m sooooo down with that!

Those sounds just arenā€™t happening here where weā€™re at in Ontario yet, as @DougDawson mentioned, we still have some winterish weather to go through here. :flushed:

4 Likes

All our frogs have disappeared. Use to be millions of them

Now I have to stay up and see if theyā€™re peeping in my neck of the woods. I saw a Robin looking for worms, another sign of spring.

2 Likes

Frogs are defeaning here! We are partially wooded, right between a lake and a river. Ooohh so many !Frogs!!

3 Likes

Several years ago I lived in a small town in Arkansas in the Mississippi Delta area. Rice fields for miles. Of course, with rice fields is lots of water. Water brings skeeters. Big ones millions and millions of them So the state, in their infinite wisdom, decided to poison them. Little did they know that the bluebird population depends on the skeeters for food. So getting rid of skeeters, got rid of the bluebirds and now the skeeters are back, with no bluebirds to help control them. Idiots.

10 Likes

Iā€™ve read that the first sign of environmental problems is the frogs dissapear. No big surprise.
When I was a kid they had the fog trucks go around and fog for mosquitoes but that been years ago.
That actually could have done it

5 Likes

Frogs are indeed an indicator species. I built koi ponds for 10 years, and that was one of the things we would teach customers. When frogs COME to your pond, you are obviously providing a good environment, because frogs are also the first to disappearā€¦

5 Likes

Our town was nicknamed frog town.
I remember the grass would move with the babies.
Itā€™s been years now

2 Likes

I do love this movie about your town.lol.

6 Likes