Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

Oh boyā€¦ I was just going to tell you this other part of bad newsā€¦ I did order a paddle for my drill and got it yesterday. This thing is like 10 lbs (probably exaggerating) but I donā€™t think my ryobi will hold the damn thing. And now that Iā€™m thinking about itā€¦ the only place local that sells anything like that will be closed tomorrow :woman_facepalming: Sob! This is going to be a disasterā€¦ my wife is griping though, wanting me to free up the freezer and I donā€™t have the heart to throw it away :cry:

3 Likes

I just use 2 five gallon pails if your using 5 gallon bags pull each bag separately pulling it down over the outside lip of the pail stretching the bag tight allows the mesh taught . Clean and move on to the next one .

2 Likes

I am really medicated right nowā€¦butā€¦
Could you perhaps use a wooden spoon? Or find something else to throw in your drill?
Maybe get a paint mixer device?

2 Likes

Brother, if frozen you can do it with a paddle by hand if you have to. Itā€™s a ton of work but donā€™t throw it out. Hell if you have to find someone on OG close to you who will process it for you and split it :wink:

3 Likes

The first time I did it was with a paint paddle. It does beat it up a bit, but should be all good. Just donā€™t churn it too much. You want to see the foam.

3 Likes

No. I have one for mixing concrete. The problem isā€¦ I have used it to mix concrete. But I can find a spoonā€¦ Iā€™m sure of it!

2 Likes

Yup, my first time was with a wooden spoon in 3 gallon bags, over-stirred the crap out of it and had some really green hash. lolā€¦ still smoked it of course

2 Likes

Not sure what kind of tools you have access to but you can always find something and modify it to your needs!

2 Likes

I will try to out this big ass paddle on there first I guess. Just to see if my drill will turn it without burning it up lolā€¦ itā€™s like 3ft long :woman_facepalming: The shaft is about as wide as a dime. Seems pretty heavy duty.

Looks like something u would use to make a humongous cake.

3 Likes

What about a drill, a bucket, and a paint stirring attachment for said drill? Set that puppy on low and let er eat

2 Likes

ā€¦and the stoner engineering begins

4 Likes

Give the drill some coffee breaks in between so you dont fry the motor/bearings an you should be good.

1 Like

I love it :joy:

1 Like

Perhaps I am old but what is wrong with dry sifting it like they did since the dawn of hash? I mean thatā€™s how I used to make hash for decades. This whole ice and water thing is actually a new experience to me.

4 Likes

I once smoked weed with a rifle scope and a stickā€¦donā€™t tell a redneck it canā€™t be done :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

This stoner finally got it done rightā€¦ lol
Good analogy ! Lol

3 Likes

Now I want to smoke some bubble hash. :laughing:

3 Likes

I find dry ice hash isnā€™t as harsh as sifted kief. Just my opinion. :green_heart::v:

2 Likes

What micron bag do you usually use for DIH? Iā€™ve seen it be done but I donā€™t think they used the right micron. It was green

Edit: also didnā€™t help that they were shaking the bag up and down super hard like they found the Girls Gone Wild commercial for the first timeā€¦

2 Likes

Nothing is wrong w it but I donā€™t have a trim bin. I got bubble bags instead lol

Hereā€™s the paddleā€¦

Those tiles make it look small but the tiles are 18ā€ corner to corner if I remember correctly.

So maybe itā€™s about 2ft long idk

2 Likes