Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

Thanks Doug donā€™t get me wrong itā€™s worth smoking works excellent for baking and cooking also. Some would just toss that grade and not bother keeping it I find itā€™s more like old school hash and it should have a place in the cupboard.

3 Likes

Call me crazy, but I love the ā€œritualā€ of smoking old school hash. First, itā€™s in a solid mass that you have to warm with a lighter to soften. Then it crumbles between your fingers as you put it in your hash pipe. Then you take a few tokes off of it until itā€™s smoldering. Just sit back, relax, enjoy the hashy taste and watch the squirrels play in the yard. Itā€™s just a good vibe. Much better IMO than sitting inside with blowtorches and dab rigs. But thereā€™s not a lot of old school hash around here at all. So I gotta dab anyway lol. Just miss when old school hash was more available.

1 Like

How many washes do you do? You just dump your 220 bag back in the mixing bucket, pour a little more ice/water over it and agitate it again?

I do two mixes, and add more ice if itā€™s melting away.

1 Like

Ok Iā€™m getting ready for my first time doing this and Iā€™m overthinking everything :joy: I think it was your journal or another og memberā€¦ that was talking about water to ice ratioā€¦ oh my gawdā€¦ Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m going to make it thru this :rofl:

1 Like

If you canā€™t find dry ice in the stores around you. Call around to welding supply companies. Theyā€™ll have it even when regular stores donā€™t, cuzā€¦

Or you can make it yourself. Thereā€™s lots of info on making DIY dry ice. lol I never did it, not sure if it would be worthwhile to try. Never had a problem finding it, is why.

2 Likes

When you use dry ice, do you work the bubble bags the same way as if you were using regular ice and is it better? Iā€™ve had my bags for years and this is the first time Iā€™ve ever heard of using dry ice. Itā€™s readily available to me too.

1 Like

OMGā€™S YAASSS @HeadyBearAdventures !!! AMAZING SCORE!

IF i ever have this in my fridge Iā€™m gonna use to freak out my neighbours well before Iā€™d end up using for dry sift lol

3 Likes

Thank you brudda! I should have some pics of the full setup, and of my lone fog dog survivor, later tonight.

2 Likes

When making dry ice hash you first take your dry ice and put it in a 5 gallon bucket or similar and shake and swish it around for awhile and then put it in your 73 micron bag and shake it up and down over a large countertop, glass, mirror or a non pouris surface. Use a scraper, credit card or whatever and scrape all your hash into a pile and put into whatever storage container you are going to use.
Itā€™s that simple, easy and fastā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

No water needed for the dry ice runs

1 Like

I put in a layer of dry ice, then a layer of bud/trim. Do this for several layers, then let it set for a bit to freez up all the trichs, then put the 220 work bag over the bucket and start the shake process over a large mirror.
After youā€™re done with the shaking, use the dry ice to give your plants something ā€˜extraā€™ lol pour some water into the bucket of dry ice to start the process, and let it set overnight i n the middle of the plants.
Get ā€˜double dutyā€™ out of the dry ice that way

4 Likes

I fill the bucket until 6 inches from the top. Then I toss in half the ice, the weed, then the rest of the ice. I use 12 trays of ice cubes. After you do your first run, youā€™ll know the score.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll add that smaller batches are easier on the back and arms you donā€™t want the weed and ice overfilling the work bag .
Iā€™ve found between the ice and weed if the bag is about 3/4 full still gives you some room to agitate , shake squeeze the water through it.

1 Like

Thank you for the info, ill have to try this method.

1 Like

A lot of people talk about bagging up thier weed. Did I do it right?

Joking of course, this is my Blue Tara after pollinating selective branchesā€¦ā€¦.

13 Likes

Depends who you ask.

I say you did it perfectly :innocent:

4 Likes

Blue Tara you say!!! OmG now thatā€™s a gem. One Bodhi strain that has seemed to be unobtanium for me at least! Awesome! Hold that one close my friend @Oldjoints

4 Likes

Be happy to send some your way once harvestedā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ @TopShelfTrees1

7 Likes

You have no idea how insanely happy that would make me @Oldjoints ! Honestly itā€™s in my top 5 beans to locate and has been for a while

7 Likes