Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 4)

Dude. Columbo!!
ā€œJust one more thing.ā€

3 Likes

Instant justice way better than court and all the bull shit .

This is classic, rofl

1 Like

With the honorable judge Wapner presiding.

1 Like

:rofl: lol (1) :rofl: rofl :rofl: ROFLMAO :rofl:

1 Like

Stupid shits on Jeopardy. Once Bitten, Twice Shy is Ian Hunter, not Great White. Dillhole.

2 Likes

HUGE Ian Hunter fan and it drives me crazy when anyone thinks that.

2 Likes

I love that stuff! Mick Ronson. If you like this, I bet thatā€™s not the only music we both like. Music is like weed. A whole bunch of folks donā€™t do their due diligence before they speak.

1 Like

You are welcome. Seemed like a personal question and, generally speaking, I try to be as open as I am able.

So hereā€™s a funny/weird thing - I suppose I could see having a drink of alcohol under some extreme circumstance. I canā€™t imagine what that circumstance would be, but I suppose itā€™s possible. If that were to happen and I had a choice as to what I would drink, however, it would never be beer! I would never put beer in my mouth intentionally. HA! I hate the taste. Scotch too. Other alcohol, including distilled spirits, maybeā€¦ Life is so fucking weird. I just think itā€™s so funny!

I have no desire to put a needle in my arm ever again. I considered myself to no longer be addicted to meth when I figured it had been 10 years since I had had a desire to use. And understand, when I say use I only mean to fix. Funny story, I used to work in the UCLA student store, which is basically a department store. This was in 1969, while I was addicted. I worked in the Art & Engineering Dept as a sales clerk. So one day I forgot my outfit fit and meth at home but did have 10 rolls of crosstops to sell. I had fixed just before leaving home, which meant I was really good for at least half my workday. By the time I really wanted to get high, I had sold 3 rolls, so I had 70 beans left. I ate those and they really kept me from having a shitty come down, but they never got me high, not even a mild buzz. No, I have no desire to do that kind of shit ever again, and havenā€™t for maybe 4 decades. I consider myself no longer addicted to speed.

In whatā€™s left of my mind, the test is whether I have the desire. If yes, there are issues to be resolved still. If not, Iā€™m no longer addicted. I recognize that Iā€™m really lucky that it doesnā€™t gnaw at me. I simply never think about it.

Fuck yes, view yourself as an alcoholic if thatā€™s what it takes. Do it for yourself first however, because you are the most important person in this endeavor. Wanting to be a good father, a good husband and generally a good person are important, but in my view you should be the center of attention. Do whatever it takes.

Iā€™m a big believer in aphorisms and the like. This has been hanging on my refrigerator for maybe 30 years. I read it every single morning. I do that to set the tone for myself.

If I have one piece of advice to offer itā€™s to believe in yourself. Always believe in yourself!

9 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s kinda like the oxygen mask on the plane. You gotta put yours on first before helping others.
Thanks buddy

3 Likes

I saw Hunter/Ronson two nights in a row at Ryerson. First night I was right at the front standing in front of Mickā€¦went back the next night with my girlfriend and got last row in the whole place.lol.

Iā€™ve seen Ian Hunter live 7 or 8 times. But the best was that first with Ronno.

1 Like

Monk would be my choice.

1 Like

Hardcastle and mccormik would be my choice

2 Likes

4 Likes

My son and daughter went to the hospital this morning. Looks like my grandson will be born today.
:grinning:

17 Likes

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! Now your life changes forever.

1 Like

Congratulations! Being a new grandpa is the best, particularly when the grandchild is old enough to spoil the way you never did with your own child but always wanted to!

2 Likes

Congrats @Floydā€¦kids are the best. Grandkids are the bestest!

1 Like

Thanks guys, looking forward to being a granddad. They are at a hospital on your side of the lake @CanuckistanPete

1 Like

Iā€™ll go visit for ya! :wink:

1 Like