Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 4)

You know Iā€™ve been following your uploads and I totally believe it! Beautiful dogs who clearly enjoy a great fucking life. d8JBdDJ Oh yea, and Iā€™m outta likes. Dang.

1 Like

They would not want to hurt/kill it, just catch it. ANYTHING that moves is fair game to them . If you look today they played with a 9 pound little dog this morning. Lil dog had a blast wagging itā€™s tail the whole time , it was in no danger of being hurt.

1 Like

Yeah, they looked like they were all having a grand time! smile1

slow night tonight.

2 Likes

@mota Indeed crazy shit!! What a fearless, mad dog!! Damn!!
Inspiring to defending oneself against lifeā€™s punches!!
ā€œIā€™m walking here!! Iā€™m walking here!!ā€ Wow!! :flushed: :eyes: :hushed:

1 Like

So Iā€™ll be inside a (hopefully) super high quality human size hamster bubble, 15 miles up and, oh joy, connected to a fucking balloon. wtf The balloon part at least seems timely. :rofl:

2 Likes

I saw this, yeah Iā€™ll stay on the ground and watch.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

They better not go off course or weā€™ll be shooting them down . Lol

5 Likes

That puppy is so fucking cute with his little legs working so hard!

https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/1186uxj/pup_learns_to_swim/?utm_placement=newsletter

4 Likes

Ah theyā€™ve been doing that since the 50ā€™s

5 Likes
1 Like

My grandmother survived WW2 and it did a number on her. Loosing everything meanā€™t she learned as a refugee to be super resourceful, look in places many donā€™t ā€œjust in caseā€.

As a result of her teachings when I was young I always end up looking at piles of ā€œtrashā€ when driving around the city and OH SHIT DID I SCORE THE OTHER DAY!!

There was a framed image under fogged and broken glass on the top of a pile and my gut told me to stop the car and check it out so I didā€¦ and after I dumped the glass into the personā€™s bin to see the image and seriously this was both lazy and dangerous leaving this out like this all shatteredā€¦ regardless, I recognized the image near immediately as Iā€™ve seen the original in an exhibition:

http://alexcolville.ca/gallery/hound_in_field_600x448/

The kicker, itā€™s a reproduction print purchased officially from the National Gallery of Canada, and the ā€œboomerā€ that owned it fucked-up the value 100% by writing ALL OVER the info card like an idiot.

The real kicker here folks is that this was a SIGNED PRINTā€¦

TO BAD THE IDIOTā€™S THAT OWNED THIS DECIDED TO CUT THE SIGNATURE OUT FROM THE PRINT AND GLUE IT TO THE IMAGE INSTEAD OF GETTING THE PRINT RE-MATTED!!!

:man_facepalming: :anger:

I canā€™t really complain, free is free and a signature and damaged print is STILL worth some coin and 100% was worth the effort taking it out of the trash.

THE NEXT DAY THERE WAS A MAJOR SNOW STORM so this was a meant to be situation :smiley:

In case you are reading this and going ā€œWho the fuck is Alex Colville?ā€ please see below:

(Top: Shot from Wes Andersonā€™s ā€œMoonrise Kingdomā€, Bottom: Alex Colville, Prince Edward Island, 1965)

10 Likes

The value goes up 100% just by writing on the info card!?

If youā€™ll excuse me my sharpie and I have a date with some paintings. Cha-ching!!!

2 Likes

Nice score @Pigeonman!

3 Likes

I see what you did there and added a ā€œ-ā€ to stop you! :rofl:

This handwriting is so boomer it hurts. Clearly cursive trying to print, I see this on sooooooooooooooooooo many manuals and equipment labels from the 50s-70s but less so on the 80ā€™s + for obvious reasons.

Being 41 I can write cursive and do so to fuck with my younger co-workers.

4 Likes

Former owners names are written on the backā€¦

1 Like

Yeah their prob dead. It was from one of the many homes that was being gutted and renovated here.

Iā€™m amazed you could read that @Mithridate !

Yaā€¦well Aunt Joan ainā€™t too happy with you right now.

1 Like

Hahaha, the writing is pretty clean :yum:

I spent countless hours helping my old aunt building our family tree, that means reading a ton of old towns registry for weddings, births etc

If itā€™s more than a flat line. I can read it lol

4 Likes

Anyoneā€™s phone have a switch to 2G option?..I want to turn off LTE to conserve my hotspot data. (Wireless dataā€¦not ramā€¦ ā€œstoners have moments.ā€)

:shark:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like