Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 4)

Just guessing @CrunchBerries , Iā€™d say it has something to do with lessening the load on their server a little.

5 Likes

Anyone remember this? :wink::grin:

This could be a trivia questionā€¦maybe a seed gift to the first person who can place it!

There are actually two correct answers to this question ā€”both specific :wink:.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

What is, The Internet.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

H1 hummer zombie apocolypse survival vechicle

1 Like

H1 converted into Overland Camper :metal:

Itā€™s the ā€œHere hold me beerā€ version of:

1 Like

Storm chaser extraordinaire @Kabuddha ! lol

1 Like

Haha. Looks like itā€™s got some tickets on the windshield

3 Likes

Carefully, very carefully! :rofl:

3 Likes

Looks pretty natural given itā€™s colorized 1930s film. I think this looks far superior to hand colored stills, like on old postcards. Mostly, I just wonder what all those folks were thinking. And remember, our favorite weed leaf may very well have been legal when this was shot. My dad told me he smoked pot when it was legal. He would have in his 20s.

Can you fucking imagine dressing like that all of the time?! xwi2Y3G

From NASS, the uploader -

I colorized, restored and created a sound design for this video of New York 1930s, We start on Manhattanā€™s West Side, at 12th Avenue and 42nd Street, at the ferry terminal of the West Shore Railroad, the New York, Ontario and Western Railway, and the Weehawken Ferry. aftre we have a Crowd Scene street we can see the beautiful fashion in 30s

Video Restoration Process:
:heavy_check_mark: FPS boosted to 60 frames per second
:heavy_check_mark: Image resolution boosted up to HD
:heavy_check_mark: Improved video sharpness and brightness
:heavy_check_mark: Colorized only for the ambiance (not historically accurate)
:heavy_check_mark:added sound only for the ambiance
:heavy_check_mark:restoration:(stabilisation,denoise,cleand,deblur)

Please, be aware that colorization colors are not real and fake, colorization was made only for the ambiance and do not represent real historical data.

B&W Video Source: Prelinger Archives, Internet Archive

B&W Video Source:https://archive.org/details/NightClubā€¦

B&W Video Source: https://archive.org/details/010060_20ā€¦

6 Likes

Have you watched Peter Jacksonā€™s ā€œThey Shall Not Grow Oldā€? The colorized and audio added to WW1 footage, itā€™s truly remarkable. The movie came out in 2018, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrabKK9Bhds

2 Likes

No, I didnā€™t know about that. Thank you so much! Iā€™m definitely going to search that out.

I knew a guy who fought in WWI. He was the most serious atheist I personally have ever known (as opposed to simply met). He memorized the bible, old and new books, so he could argue on an equal footing with believers. Locally, nobody wanted to talk religion with Will. Heā€™d bury them! He said that he went into the war an atheist and, if anything, came back a more profound non-believer. I loved that old man.

Thatā€™s him in 1975. As I recall, he may have stored grain in that wagon. Thatā€™s his cabin on the right, behind the goat on that car top. Will was a character! He was a bootlegger during at least part of prohibition. He still had part of his carrying car. It had four tanks, totaling 150 gallons, in the door panels. He still had part of the vehicle in his junk yard. And no, what you see isnā€™t his junk yard. That was across the road. What you see is the longtime homestead.

You can see the cabin a little more clearly in this one.

6 Likes

I have started to renovate our new house, and went up into the roof space to check what clearance it had between the ceiling and roof to guesstimate how much insulation is needed. I found a load of old tin, trucks and cars from the 50s some mechanical/clockwork, as well as other old toys.

I also found a load of old photos from the late 1800 early 1900 of our property as it slowly got added to from 1870 when it was built. There are some of the family going for a ride in an ox drawn cart lol. They were a farming and fishing family as well as smuggling so our neighbor tells me. I think I have found a void space between some walls and the back of a cupboard, which is intriguing me, after finding all the old toys I am excited to get to renovating that part but it will probably be near the end of this year, after I finish creating the bedroom and an onsuite bathroom.

I emailed the lawyer to see if the previous owners son wants the pics, not heard anything back yet.

11 Likes

Cool find. We had a similar situation when I was a teen. Found a ton of really old black and white photos in the attic of a place we moved into. Was a trip looking back in time through someone elseā€™s eyes.

5 Likes

Let me think. You have a possible void space in a house that smugglers lived inā€¦
Where did I put that wrecking bar!?
:rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah I know right, this area was also used for a drop off point for the midnight railway getting Afro American slaves out of the US and into Canada. The problem is I would have to destroy what we are using as a clothes closet to get in it or our only bathroom until I finish the new one, so itā€™s going to have to wait. I am a patient man lol.

I have one more roof space to check on the older side of the house as well, but that room is stuffed to the gunnels with boxes atm, but it need to make a space for a new grow tent so that, will probably get looked in next week.

I have had a couple of sessions in the backyard with my metal detector, but only found old nails and beer bottle tops so far lol, who would have thought I just needed to look in the loft space for treasure lol.

Also found a load of old 50s and 60s bubble gum cards in really great condition surprisingly, Hoganā€™s Heroes seems to be the most valuable out of the 4 different sets, I have seen some I have on ebay being priced between 800 and 1000$ but they are obviously not selling at that price, or they wouldnā€™t still be for sale lol.

6 Likes

Hereā€™s some pics of the trucks.

![20230307_161118|665x499](upload://xW9NYAbTuZr5TE22FZmkuSEshX3.jpeg

19 Likes

Very cool find!

4 Likes

Some jems in there man.

4 Likes

Damn, them are some sweet toys! Probably valuable aswell.
This little boy in me so wants that Motor Grader and the Cement mixer! Lol

3 Likes