Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 4)

The bulldozer is a wind up mechanical toy, the hole in its hood in front of the steering wheel is where the key goes in. There are about 5 that are wind up and all work, they have the keys which I found in a box of of old Lego from the same period. The grader has a handle at the back you turn to raise and lower the grading arm.

I like the Lincoln truck and the red Oldsmobile type car.

4 Likes

Sweet! That’s an awesome find right there man

3 Likes

Yup, super jealous over here. :rofl:

3 Likes

Dibs!

Rofl

6 Likes

@Shadey
I personally wouldn’t be able to sell them… I’m still a kid really, but that right there could pay for a lot of your renovations. lol

4 Likes

Yeah, I just wanna put on a shelf and play with them “occasionally” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hold up Annie Oakley, did nobody mention this?

5 Likes

I operate heavy machinery for a living.
So when I see yellow or green, I see nothing else, lol :yum:

4 Likes

Do you know, are any of them “Dinky” toys? Those are the toy cars, trucks, etc I grew up playing with mostly. They’re pre-Hot Wheels. I think some of the toys in the penultimate photo look like they may be Dinky’s.

Anybody else familiar with Dinky toys or perhaps played with them as a kid? They were perhaps my favorite toys for a couple of years.

Thanks for posting those pictures @Shadey!

2 Likes

What an awesome find @Shadey, some of those old toys can bring big $$$. Thanks for the glimpse into the past.

2 Likes

I still have my full size(like 16" each piece) metal Tonka set. It’s out in the barn. Oh how I would love to get them professionally restored.

2 Likes

The smaller ones are a mix of Dinky, Matchbox and Corgi.

Its a plastic something but in Pic #3 the Orange box is a Wyat Earp cowboy set, with a real leather holster belt and spurs, the cap gun works as well lol.

5 Likes

Did anyone have an Erector set as a kid? How many times did you cut yourself building something?

6 Likes

I have a singular “erector” as an adult.

7 Likes

I had several Erector sets through the years, though never as fancy as the kid with the shovel.

I personally never cut myself.

When I was 10, my dad gave me my first folding knife with which I promptly stabbed myself in my right thigh. I still have the scar, 60+ years later. xwi2Y3G Fun times…

9 Likes

Maybe I got the unfinished set :joy:

3 Likes

lol got told not to mess with an ax when i was about 8 did i listen hell know tried to split some wood with bare feet almost chopped of a pinky toe i too still have the scar 50+ years later… ahhh good times good times

6 Likes

That blue tow truck is nice .

1 Like

Same here but with my thumb, screamed bloody murder! :laughing:

Needed stitches, but the scar disappeared, amazing is the power of our bodies to heal…

2 Likes

Those things are worth a small fortune!

2 Likes