Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 4)

Really what this means is that @lophophora.ca has figured out how to make a poll and we are all doomed.

2 Likes

@lophophora.ca , when you say:

Did you have a specific category system in mind to justify the standings?

I mean for example Arnie is in such classic films that both the budgets and writing just boost the standings; but for sheer talent one should automatically think of Jakie Chan considering all the roles in filmmaking he can perform.

Then there’s the ham-factor; which I also see is missing Kurt Russell from this list so I’m gonna playfully call “fail” on that exclusion. :rofl:

But all said and done accounting for all the variables I’m addressing in my “rant” i’m going to have to put my vote in for: Jim Varney

5 Likes

You just wait till my monkey fingers finally hit the right buttons! :joy:

3 Likes

A)

Escape from New York was from 1981.

B)

That was not an action movie, it was a real life documentary.

2 Likes

I pretty sure all of these expressions were stolen from old Pop-Eye cartoons!

1 Like

Escape from L.A. was 96’ does that add Kurt to the running?

1 Like

Also a documentary, filmed in real-time.

2 Likes

Lol! Ok. I’ll concede to your facts! :joy::+1:t3:

1 Like

I didn’t didnt get in on any of the runs in this seasons box. If you end up with unclaimed packs, let me know and I’ll take what’s left over.

@lophophora.ca

2 Likes

Without Dolph Lundgren this list is bullshit.

4 Likes

You’re right.
He must break you.

:boxing_glove:

3 Likes

Yeah, and Michael Biehn.

Stop asking me leading questions, @lophophora.ca

4 Likes

You leave Jack Burton alone!

We are in his debt. He showed great courage.

1 Like

I just realized that I have been combining escape from NY and LA into one movie for almost the past 30 years. Amazing.

2 Likes

That’s good shit. :rofl:

1 Like

The Oregon Country Fair is this weekend, Friday thru Sunday.

My son and his family are there now getting ready. He’s become le grande fromage in Security, no longer just a crew leader! HA! His wife was asleep when he shot this today.

This is the area behind the booth the first picture was taken in.

The entire area will be absolutely awash with people starting Friday at 10am when the Fair opens.

Both my children and my grandchildren grew up going to the Fair. My first Fair was 1979. My son was six, my daughter three. It was fucking magic!

I’ll also just mention that my granddaughter, who graduated this year, is the first high school graduate in my direct line since 1928 when my mom graduated!

Update: The Navy has arrived! (To patrol the Long Tom.)

9 Likes

this fucking heat today… this room has to be 110 with a shitty air conditioner going. and that’s with only a t5 going. no choice but to be forced outside. i hope you’re all managing with the heat.

5 Likes

We in Security Camp (and perhaps in other camps too) used to joke about the origins of the OCF being that a bunch of seriously fucked up hippies who wanted to throw a big party but didn’t really have the funds, so they invited the public (to foot the bill)! I know one of the two originals guys who set up Security Camp. He was one of the largest dealers in Eugene in the late 1960s/early 1970s!

1 Like

Hey kids, wanna have some fun? How about shooting live pictures of the inside of a large shark’s mouth! Fun! xwi2Y3G

3 Likes