Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 4)

Makes me glad I have well water. Thereā€™s no doubt the city water here in the USA isnā€™t filled with all that stuff too.

3 Likes

Iā€™d wager that our tap water is among the best in the world with the exception of glacier adjacent places.

Iā€™ve found tapwater in other developed places to be quite disgusting and longed for a nice glass of refreshing homegrown tap water. Weird I know.

4 Likes

Must be something in the water. Youā€™re not the first person Iā€™ve heard speaking favorably about Toronto tap water.

Iā€™ve been to Iceland, their water smells like eggs.

2 Likes

Geothermal water.

Iā€™ve been places where the water tastes brown.

Iā€™ve been places where the water tasted green.

Ground water lake water aquifers etc.

And in east Texas the cold water was always warm in the summer because the pipes arenā€™t buried because the water table is too high. A brita was not just a luxury item.

The water in Panama City was better.

4 Likes

We have some good cold weā€™ll water, never a sulfur or bad taste. My great uncle Jim had some nasty well water brown rusty sulfur smell.:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

My FILs farm was skunky sulphur water which is really gross. Filter for drinking, rotten eggs for showering.

But, everywhere else in the area runs dry in the summer except them so thatā€™s a win.

2 Likes

I grew up in southern New Mexico, and if you didnā€™t have some sort of filtration system, you had a water cooler in your house. There were reverse osmosis bottle filling stations all over town so you could refill your 5gal jugs.

Being able to drink from the tap here in Connecticut is so damn cool. No water restrictions. Also I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever gotten an e.coli warning here, either. Itā€™s really wild to get to take good water for granted!

4 Likes

I was travelling in a place where they similarly filled 5G jugs at filling stations.

Fortunately I didnā€™t have to do it because the place I was staying had itā€™s own UV whatever sterilization protocol and it was all good even though the quality of the water going in was very poor.

2 Likes

This palm reminds me of figs, whose flowers are on the inside of the fruit, and strawberries, whose seeds are on the outside of the berry. Iā€™m easily amused.

4 Likes

Bugs, its gotta be bugs!
Obviously the seeds are spread from pig shit, lol.
But, the locals eating them while ā€œdoing activities in the forestā€, thatā€™s just brave!
Reminded me of this :rofl:

3 Likes

i donā€™t remember where i read it but a long time ago there was a medicine man who tested thousands of substances on himself. no idea on a name or time period.

2 Likes

Was it Alexander Shulgin?
He was an American chemist who is responsible for synthesizing MDMA, the 2C family, and almost every psychoactive chemical compound we know today. Even though many have been muddled and altered by clandestine labs in the east.
He tested everything on himself.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Ohā€¦thatā€™s wayyy further back, lol.
Iā€™ve read about him to. Both of their discoveries through research are amazing.

1 Like

wellll. this is the first time i heard of thatā€¦

1 Like

Wow, had to just Google that phrase. Crazy.
Better get some equine urine to store your beans! :rofl:

1 Like

didnt know where else to put this

Yeah, ours is really good also. Comes out of the McKenzie River. My Tap is Neutral PH PPM 47.

9 Likes

Where are you @ColeLennon ?

2 Likes

Eugene/Springfield Oregon Willamette Valley between the McKenzie River and Willamette River.

3 Likes