Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 4)

Without having read the article I think tequila comes specifically from blue agave but mezcal can come from any type.

Am I right?

2 Likes

On this day in 1959, Canadian actor and athlete Jay Silverheels became the first Native American to have a star on Hollywood Walk of Fame.

2 Likes

You are correct! Give that man a shot of tequila!

3 Likes

I’m a former tequila enthusiast.

4 Likes

When I drank I liked Sauza Tequila

1 Like

I could never acquire a taste for tequila. I was a fan of Jack Daniels and a beer. I’ve been sober for 40 years only partaking in cannabis. Been a good 40.:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

I never acquired a real taste for any alcohol, though for about a decade I had a glass of a dry red wine with my dinner almost every night. Only got really drunk once in my life, when I was 16. I’d been getting high for about 6 months and thought, and continue to think, it the far superior drug. Pot leaf hopper

That’s what I’m talkin’ about! Fuck yeah, I’m sure it’s been good!

3 Likes

Dinosaurs never existed, and China is renowned for their fake skeletons.

5 Likes

HA! Only I heard China never existed and dinosaurs are renowned for their fake skeletons!

5 Likes

Mao Tibia Dong

2 Likes

I read about the Chinese leg dong in some psuedo-anthro class.

1 Like

8 Likes

I drank for 15 years. Then stopped 9 years ago. I loved beer and brown party liquor and it’s not something I think about or am around. No going to bars and I don’t face the bar in a restaurant.

Alcohol addiction can be as bad as fentanyl. You can lose everything. Life would have been a lot easier if I never started. I’ve smoked 21 years and the only bad part is getting arrested. Now that my state is legal, Virginia, I’ll never have to deal with cops again.

My point is that’s a good instinct to avoid alcohol. Just like nicotine.

12 Likes

Alcoholic here, haven’t drank in the better part of a few years. It’s a heck of a demon to tame. Almost took out my pancreas, and I dealt with unimaginable pain for weeks SIX TIMES before I put the booze down. Whiskey, Beer, didn’t matter.

I still smoke tobacco. That was a horrible mistake too. Dale’s right. Avoid.

9 Likes

Sigh…

6 Likes

These fools and anyone like them, tobacco executives, should be hung in the streets. Make it a sport. They should be afraid to go outside.

4 Likes

That was a tough habit to break them damn cigarettes, I was hooked from 15 to 50, finally kicked it 12 years ago.

9 Likes

Outta likes, but I sure like that! Confuckinggratulations! Tobacco and alcohol are so difficult to quit because they’re everywhere, to some degree they’re socially acceptable and are legal. That’s just so awesome that you did it! :+1:

I’m just so thrilled to hear stories of folks here having quit serious addictions! That’s some serious won’t power! d8JBdDJ

7 Likes

Muthafucka’s should have listened to Al Gore 20 years ago. :100: “We aren’t in Kansas anymore” Maybe I will get some epic grows in before I’m wiped out by forest fires and drought.
I’m crying for the coral reefs. :crying_cat_face:
If you live in the Key’s or south FL. Get out.

4 Likes

I’d never heard of a giant oarfish, but the story includes a couple of Instagram video links that show the fish “in action,” and it is seriously cool! You get to see the fish’s internal “lights” flashing up and down the animal’s body. Very excellent!

6 Likes