Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 4)

1 Like

Megafish numbers down 94%

Maybe because people wised up to the old tales of “It was thiiiiiis big!”

2 Likes

If you fish, you know large fish populations are down.

3 Likes

I think it’s painfully obvious at this point that I do not fish.

Well, except for this one time and you wouldn’t believe the size of this fish…

4 Likes

Fishing in Hamilton is a no no

1 Like

If you go down to the Burlington Canal lift bridge you can see people with thousands of dollars of fishing equipment set up along the canal. The whole rig was explained to me by some overexcited angler that noticed my passing glance at their equipment. “European fishing techniques” he said, “Check out the bait” he tells me.

I have no idea what they are fishing for or what they intend to do with the catch. I was just feigning interest to be polite.

2 Likes

“I just like to put a line in the water because it makes me feel good about myself.”

1 Like

Jigging for Stelcod?

2 Likes

Stelco cod

1 Like

Bitumen bass

1 Like

I had a roommate who showed me the art of fishing for trout using marshmallows along the Burlington docks.

“See all those splashes? Those are trout. See these marshmallows? They look just like roe. Watch this.”

With every cast, 10 seconds later he would pull in a trout the size of my forearm. Every time.

The other anglers littered along the dock grew closer with each fish he pulled from the water.

Nobody was catching squat until he pulled up. Their flashlights, glowsticks and magical trinkets were no match for marshmallows.

7 Likes

Also good for snagging boy scouts if that’s your thing.

3 Likes

I used to put one in my nose on occasion for the exact same reason! In my opinion both are time/money pits and not worth the effort at my age. :triumph::joy:

2 Likes

It be like that. Canned corn, hotdogs, even heard stories of live mice.

4 Likes

Mostly just for catfish.

3 Likes

Let’s not discuss some of the more unique muskie baits out there. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Bratwurst. The only suitable sausage.

2 Likes

I always thought there was sausage and then there was BRATWURST!

2 Likes

Muskie are of German origin and are very particular.

1 Like

That’s German derivation, Miss Daisy.

1 Like