Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

new hair cut for LSD…

my plants always have so much foliage…common occurence …I don’t know if it’s too much pruning or maybe they shading the buds from the light…

just realized I can re size the photos and it cuts the size in 1/3 if I even drop to 80%. sorry Joe for only figuring this out now
was wondering why I was.havin trouble Uploading close to 10mgb files

either way…some sticky ness going on for sure.

still no male indicators on the AK48 which I’m taking as a good sign…

8 Likes

finally got some snips and Tubs and motivation…I’ve had two plants i dried over 3 weeks and threw into garbage bags after christmas and opened them up to breathe every day.

super lazy …but damn this stuff stanks really florally and PEPPERY and a bit of spice

trainwreck I am thinking

some trimmed shot

11 Likes

maybe these two plants were different. they grew simalarly. but the smell and profile is different

I got hit with a over powering sweet creamsicle smell when i opened the garbage bag and pulled the plant out d:D :grinning: wow
too bad it’s got some undeveloped seeds in it LOL …I flowered them for 100+ days easy…total just had life take over. I’m guessing it got stressed out and seeded or hermed from genetics… I’m not going to trim this second one. what a smell though . will most likely be made into tincture and or hash

9 Likes

well!

flower tent just opened up a spot.

final ak48 got caught with its pants down in the tent today!!! balls and all!@@@ i was just about to feed the thing.
Juddge jury and executioner here…

So!
I’ve also identified female FIRE ALIEN KUSH in the bunch@!!@ (@SHSC-1 )
not pictured here but I got a visual today of a little hair “BOING”.

flower tent

LSD

pre98bubba

CBD HEMP STICKS

now for my growmigos…lol

since transplanting…7 days? now I think about it I am expecting a bit much from the little guys.

wondering about speed of root growth following transplant

my plants roots are not driving over to the new soil…I’ve has this happen before… what I did before was pull the roots away that started bounding up and cut them / slasher. this always showed they’re recovery and shocked them a bit.

these plants werent necessarily root bound.

I went to pick one up by the trunk for Weight judgement and I lifted it right out of the pot LOL…
talk about shock…

it may only of been a week since transplant…but I’d imagine they’d take to the new soil pretty quick… maybe they had enough food and were still in stock from transplant.

wondering if I should pull them up if loose and unwind some roots …

I don’t think the soil is the issue…it should be fairly similar to original soil.

I never seem to have this issue with fabric pots.

9 Likes

The pots might be a bit small, did the entire medium ball come out with the roots as a solid mass?

2 Likes

the medium from the previous pot came.up / root ball

surrounding new soil remaining .

I didn’t quite notice if little.roots were starting to direct outwards.

I usually will check the outer rim of plants by digging my finger into the outer circumfrence to try and catch a few roots long after transplant
sometimes I come up on light roots . nothing too strong

I’m starting to think - My small bonzai style growth plants are a result of not giving the plants a big pot early on in Veg…they usually go through 3 stages from 1 to 3 to 5 or 7gallon.

I may very well start off in 3 gallons from now or 5.

however I’m growing Regs .so the soil + space becomes an issue .

I love regs:) lll

3 Likes

That’s probably a good idea if they aren’t being transplanted right away. I’ve popped little seedlings into 5 gallon soil pails and it worked fine.

3 Likes

code red !!! code red!!@!

looks like two of my FAK plants in VEG are showing ball development . F U CK. I swore I seen a little hair yesterday. now it’s looking more ballish all over…I will put them in flower tent for a night or two…

edit. no flower tent. just going to sit in the open furnace room like the other one

and then

HOLY SHIT BALLS

I forgot about a seed in the tent pocket… in the paper towel baggy method… and the fucking thing has been alive and growing!!! I think it’s still alive it’s been over 3-4 weeks

what a disappointment with those two f.a.k. I did my self dirty by jinxing…still two left that haven’t showed sex . but need a up potin

maybe these transplants and pruning stressed them …

the pics may be hard to tell… but i definitely see balls forming . the flower tent for 2-4 days should expedite this.

I should check my timers.

well its time to start popping more seeds…

The EXECUTIONER THEY whisper of me in the night.

he has arrived . forced them to line up

He has no heart they say. no remorse.

the executioner…does not bear arms…he sentences them to BANISHMENT OF THE Calix ZONES!!!

8 Likes

Those are some pretty strange growths off the side there. I’m not sure they are definitive as male yet! Keep an eye on them, if they are male it’ll show up real quick within 2 weeks.

LOL
…oh.ffs lol.

back in the tent … i will re assess and send photos for authentication

6 Likes

I’ve had nothing but good feedback on the FAK seed project and the parents were put through the stress testing room before choosing them.
Hopefully you get a nice girl or 2 or 3 hehehe
That first pic looks to me like a male … the second pic, kinda hard to tell.

2 Likes

Yep, that looks like a male growth for sure down there. I agree it’s hard to see in the second photo!

HA! That put a big smile on my face

2 Likes

I’ll be getting a female out-of the bunch! :slight_smile: lol I am not disappointed in any way lol I couldn’t fit all 4 if they were all female lol so I’m glad at least one for now is a male.

thank you for your eyes!

been great plants so far :ok_hand: excellent growth

I have them all back in the tent anyway…what’s a little longer lol they aren’t causing any harm ? I just fed them also so they’ll like that…
I was planning on taking one Of the males pots for the other FAK . maybe I can re identify the male an swap. and I’d say i can recycle soil

I can probably yank him up n drop the other one in LOL

3 Likes

here goes a new generation of little ducklings!
members only seeds

will be taking good care of these. lol :laughing: no mess ups
this is going to be some gangster grow right here

@Barefrog Trainwreck (3)
@Cadman Snow monkey(4)
@SHSC-1 Biker Kush (4)

UPDATE FEB 04 2032

HERE WE GO
A FEW GERMINATED - WAITING ON T.W. SEEDS A BIT SMALL

@CADMAN snow monkeys 4/4 ready
@SHSC-1 3/4 ready

SOIL MIX
happy frog
EWC
GAIA ALL PURPOSE 4.4.4.
CHUNKY PERLITE . found some in garage

soil ready

prepping cups

tent ready

CUPS READY

TIME TO PLANT!

WOAH
ok
4/4 snow monkey ready
3/4 Biker kush rssdy

cleaned up the trays … and put a dome on the planted seeds.
need to check timer to cycle the heat mat

12 Likes

decided to up pot the CBD @ShiskaberrySavior

as I thought… the whole plants root ball was limited to the ORIGINAL sour cream container…upgraded to the margarine container.

I clawed away the soil and everything came off right down to the original root ball

@JoeCrowe
@Foreigner

the photo shows before I clawed away the loose soil…

I got into the root ball and pulled out some tight roots…

I’m thinking my neglect and letting the plants root bound by accident and not loosening the roots on transplant has been holding my plant back

anyways I can’t imagine how this CBD plant will react to the transplant/shock mid flower

8 Likes

If you have some kelp products you could water a bit of that in to help with the shock.

2 Likes

I have velo kelp salt based nutes ??? mix a low ppm of that?

2 Likes

VELOKELP®

Propagation: Promotes vigorous root development and assists with reducing transplant shock.
I got that from remo’s website.

2 Likes