Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

I forgot all about the jiffy pots . I also have very coarse perlite…ll look for the peat and green sand…
I will try anything !

my blue labs pen dried out…or maybe just needs to be calibrated…I haven’t phd in 6+ months…
that’s on the to do list

I’m on concrete also. and was advised I’d never get past it unless I created a ambient temp space between the tent and floor…I put wood pallets down .and thought that would a work

I tested the root ball of a veg plant today. the temp was 12c

but the seedlings soil seemed to be 15-18c

I think a fan would help with dry cycles

2 Likes

@Barefrog ! I am truthfully running some trainwreck from you this time!!! hoping I can save them from a little nute burn early on from hot soil… my first run I mixed up labels and lost track

i have a few planted

and some of cadmans snow monkeys

hoping my flower tents hurry up finishing seeds so I can get them out and start the next batch !

not sure how much if any pollen could be floating around.

4 Likes

house of endurement!

CALIXS VIKING CHILDREN

will they survive ?

they’re fate lies in my hands

8 Likes

March 01 2023
flower tent/ studio of love apparently …
grateful for being a part of this community .and love all / any of the likes that get thrown out!!!

got some hot baby mommas in hurr

ripe for the picking!!!

LSD ON FAR right (@DougDawson )

(@SHSC-1 middle is a just sexed FIRE alien kush [got one fem in veg and now one In flower tent , might put it back into veg to avoid it getting knocked up ! or do you think the stage it’s at it might not be a worry if everything else is out in 2 weeks? or is lurking pollen a active threat?)

far left is a Pre 98 Bubba thats I would day itz seeds are finished devoloping and ready to chop - will have a look at rest of plant later.

two in the back some lovely cbd hemp plants @ShiskaberrySavior , some lovely floral smell and a touch of purple/pink in there

and now I’ll highlight each plant
starting with BOG LSD ! some fat ass buds but pretty sure it’s the seed production helping out - but I don’t mind check out that fat top!

Uploading: 20230301_163600.jpg…

then following we will look at the pre98bubbakush ! I accidentally cracked off at least 2 big branches in one sitting … along with a major defoliation! that could of been a major stressor right there

some nice funky purples contract the green stack

a quick look at the CBD plants in the back

finally

a fire alien kush that is now identified as a female after a short stay in the flower academy
I have this one in the flower tent and another in the veg

might put it back into veg to grow it - is this ok ?. I imagine so - the other is fine after the same process. . . I also don’t want to risk it being exposed to any possible pollen when it enters flower cycle

hoorah!

imagine if I put this effort into something else…I think that’s the magic of this though…like I have a dozen emails I have to write for work…buttttt?

13 Likes

those are some beefy branches on the fire alien eh?
It might stall out for a few days going back into veg but it shouldn’t mess the plant up.

2 Likes

I think it’s got something to do with my growing style or Lack there of LOL

. . .we’ll definitely a bonzai style lol

the other one thats in the veg tent is THRIVING. beautiful hairs on her .

will get her out for a photo shoot tomorrow

I also started buying stuff to make my aerocloner…need a 1 gallon container

I saw at the hardware store there are some great plug and play shop lights white light. LED and LED strips. I might even get two 36" ones for the veg tent. I don’t know what they would be like for heat. but ideal for propogation or cloning!

3 Likes

Soo quick question.
I have only ever “topped” the main branch.

If I were to essentially cut/top each of the side branches - would they then produce two branches ?? It seems a little late but I could be just within the threshold to try it out ?

edit

I don’t think I’m going to bother.

but for future , I’m going to try and multiply lol

3 Likes

In my opinion you may cause too much stress to the plant at this point.
I would also not do anything to her for at least 5 days to a week to allow the plant to get it’s rythums in order.
The FAK grow big thick leaves and big thick stems. The mother of these seeds was a tree and she was real sturdy. So what I see on your plant is to be expected from this line. They are robust plants.

3 Likes

I will stay away from any additional stress.

eager to snap some pictures of the other FAK.

you think I should pop it back into the veg tent until everything finishes up in the flower tent ?

1 Like

Ya you might want to wash down your grow space and tent before you start flowering any plants in there.

2 Likes

ffs lol!!

that shouldn’t be too bad … easier then taking it apart and taking apart the other one in garage and swapping them

thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

fat stocks on these FAK for sure. just trimmed it back

5 Likes

ITS SHOWWWWW TIMEEE!@!!

some serious phat ass kknugs here

PRE98bK is cooked for sure

LSD is chunkey monkey. lowers still light green under the tops so I bent them all back

@ShiskaberrySavior
@JoeCrowe
@SHSC-1
@Barefrog

11 Likes

Man, I’d be so happy if that were my garden! Way to go my man

2 Likes

Definitely some chunky nuggets! Are they going to be ready soon?

1 Like

nice !!
That one reminds me of the old Block head flowers.
happy harvest!!

got it going on now tx for tip°

everything reorganized. bought some new soil today for up potting…the solos aren’t drying up quick / plants roots not drinking

trying a bottom feed

6 Likes

some pruning on thr BOG lsd

I really don’t think all my plants gott hit with pollen… it might just be the pre98BK that fully seeded

I can’t find any seed pods on the BOG LSD. I’ve cut off all the lower crap and found zilch…not even the little white seeds . I’ll keep poking around

i also just tied down the BOG MAIN cola so I could get the rest to get some light distribution . hopefully that doesn’t stess it out. it should be done in 7-10 days.

ill check the pre98bk to see if the seeds are fully matured and if so I’ll haul it out of therel

also just re organized veg tent again… @Barefrog your trainwrecks have some strong genetics!! I’ve only up potted from solo to margarine container but they are happy!

9 Likes

@Barefrog

trainwrecks can take a beating . and loving some fresh soil. even thought it’s only a little bit - it might get me where I’m going !

@CADMAN snowmonkey looks happy today to get some new soil! leaves are perky!

still have a handful in solo cups that are stunted and Not happy lol

I also experimented with some topping on side branches- on one of the fire alien kush . . . .lol one was experimental , the other accidental - coincidentally cracked just above a node site lol

9 Likes

okay I have further up potted

recycled some container.
forever indebted to @Foreigner

man this is awesome !!!

LOL
got 4 SNOWMONKEYS up potted and 2 Train wreck - a third waiting on another Ocean spray bottle LOL

6 Likes