Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

god dammit!!! i was hoping for seeds lol…how did they nnot develop!! way harder when wet.

i think i found some undeveloped seed pods. i just chopped up all the lower budd sites as is going to snip it to smoke . cant distinguish anything while wet. fair to say there is definitely some beans in there.

when i had my last batch dry out i found the whole.plant riddled with white pods

im.sure theyre in the main tops nice and cozy
havent destroyed the nice bud yet hahaha

and
lol …woops that was the bog lsd!! did find a one baby green one. im sure more

havent done the pre98bk …that is gonnna riddled. hoping for seed evidence. hard evidence lol

Uploading: 20230313_181030.jpg…

OMG
last photo
is pre98bk is stankiest dankiest shit i ever grew

i couldnt smell cauze of carbon filters.

woooooooo
LOL this is un believable

9 Likes

god damn!!!

this some stanky dope!!!

got to rip into it an look for seeds now!!

8 Likes

Hola Calix

don’t forget

seeds take 5wk and its

better if you leave them 6 wk.

The longer the better and
they usually last also longer

Bare

2 Likes

seeds take 5 weeks!!! oh no !

i noticed one that was nearly developed 3 weeks ago…so maybe the pre98bk are finished. . .i will have to germinate a few!

i dont know the best way to get them from the bud…
destroy the flower to get the seed…

aussi!

jevais chez montreal fin de le mois! premiere foix depuis veingt cinq anne!

2 Likes

just dry and cure your weed as normal, then when you break up a bud to roll a doob… watch for seeds.

4 Likes

hey !

so im thinking about setting up second tent again to not be so clustered in one veg tent…

i only have 2 filter fans

i put old flower one into the drying tent.

if you had to choose would you just leave a fan in drying tent on low to move air and put exhaust fan back into active tent ?

i think moving air around in living tent is better?? not sure what to do@@

2 Likes

I dried without exhuast recently, good size room tho, and a small fan moving air.

1 Like

my tent is 2x4x5.
i dont think i need the exhaust fan to dry…it helps with the smell…

so the tent that now doesn’t have exhaust is all early veg and seedlings…they have 2 fans though!

will snag a picture in a minute…much cleaner than before lol . . .

I had 19 plants in the 2x4x5 lol

3 Train Wreck Reg
4 Snow monkeys Reh
4 Fraser valley blueberry hashplant cross REG
1 random seed / mountainberry i think Reg
1 ghost rose auto FEM
1 BC BIG BUD FEM
1 GG#4 FEM
1 BOG LSD MOM full grown lol
1 Pre98bk mom ( now that ive seen the flower its going to probably be my legacy lol
2 FIRE ALIEN KUSH mid veg identified females

now i have seperated these into two tents LOL

pre98bk, bog lsd and 2 FAK are in one tent,

the rest in the old flower tent !!
pics to follow

@Barefrog look at the sizE of this trainwreck stalk! defintily going to be a male hey?

then heres the nursery

whats in it?

tray of 4 bb, 1 random, 1 gg4 fem , 1 bc big bud fem

tray of 4 snow monkeys reg *see through jugs …long roots little vertical growth

tray of 3 train wrecks one is a friggen bean stalk
cant get over the size of that onte train wreck its like the size of a hot dog lol

1 ghost rose auto fem

and the maternity ward

as mentioned

boglsd over grown on right

2 fak , plastic container uppotted today, and cloth with smaller stalk at top site

1 pre98bk thicker stalk with big top site

9 Likes

Looks good to me. I like your style, plants everywhere :+1:

2 Likes

thanks!

well…with reg genetics…you get lots of practice!!
most of my problems are most likely root zone issues and P.H. …i need to calibrate the blue lab p.h. pen my friendy gave me.

ive got to find the right size container that lets me grow them to the right size and determine sex. lol

if they are all female - im F***Ed LOL…even if 50% lol 3 are def female . . . i should start doing sea of green …thats probably next for me.

definitely need to figure out how to fit in a cloning/ propagation area…do clones need light 24-0?

3 Likes

I’m no clone master. I just stick them on a shelf away from direct light until they root. Then I treat them like seedlings for a week or two, then feed or transplant.

I am doing the same cup / pot dance. I am trying to sex in solos without stress and lockout. Will show you my progress tomorrow when I am upright;)

4 Likes

Ok, @webeblzr does the 1/2 filled starter pot then tops off when the seedling is done stretching.

This plant was just topped off and will be in this pot for 10ish days.

Then I go to solo, tight fit;), but this for two weeks and 6 nodes, and I have preflowers.

If keeping the plant around, into 1/2 ish gallon to grow up a bit.

Have a great day👍

7 Likes

Lovely work Cartwright!! I do the half fill, as every inch of a stalk can root. More roots more stalk strength, IMHO.

3 Likes

Thanks alot, you inspired my change, as I was filling pots full to make it easier to deal with helmets. I planted slightly deeper than usual, and viola, no helmets.

Your plants look good too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeeeeesh!

beautiful work , and plants

is that standard growth in the solo? lol

im wondering if i should start my seedling in smaller pots then up to solos… i seem to have trouble starting them in solos . they dont grow well and dont dry out the soil…some are probably 3-4 weeks in solo and still seedlings size…

yea i need to give them more root space i think…i have some i germed feb02 probably popped above soil feb 7-10.

i guess they arent so far behind…

3 Likes

The small pots to start give easier control for me, as in its more difficult to overwater in the tiny pot. And since it is peat heavy soil, it needs to dry out, even with seedlings. I can also apply a seedling heat mat intermittently, especially after transplant;)

Standard growth, meh, f1 vigor for sure. That’s a dude.
Willamette valley pineapple x sweet & sour Cindy
x
Bog lsd
I will try to fit in a breeding session with these…and try to pick a cross without so many fricken words🙄

3 Likes

wow !

thanks for the post again!

i up ppotted my seedling fem GG#4 ! AND FEM BC BIG BUD…
they had really little roots and barely held soil together. i thought it was going slow

hopefully i didnt trauma them

update on every thin
march 16

8 Likes

They look good to me👍It’s all about dialing your environment, mix, and watering practices. All equal no particular order, imho

Emphasis on ‘your’ environment. Like I need certain lights to reach temps etc… I love my hot lamps in winter :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

its tough growing regs as a beginner .

im trying, growing alot and hoping for the best@ right now im just growing everything with no rhyme or reason…blessed by o.g. christmas spirit and auctions and friends all over.

i need to find the right pot. i want to find some tall thin fabric pots - - 1 gallon i guess. to maximize space and hunt for fems

im going to find those pots i want

ive been running as much as i can fit lol.

i dont think i need the heat mat anymore. so i eliminated that today.

i think bringing in fresh outdoor air would be really helpful . very difficult right now…outdoors will be as close as i get to that

and consistent over night temperatures.

i really would run 24-0

i also need to.find my lights height recommendations

mars hydro 330 pan

for some reason my plants stay really short. i used to train the branches and tie them down.

and i used to defoliate ALOT so i think that stunts theyrr growth …along with root zone temps…

environment will eventually be a ideal cannabis biodome

5 Likes

Those sm plants look like they got some chunky stocks happening. Everything is looking good.

4 Likes