Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

:wink:

Thanks!

I will have to grab myself some more soil and get to work!

Still sick right now and grow store isnt open ATM.

Will have to hope they survive on the worm castings and light feed

1 Like

a friend of mine grows with worm castings in his mix. He likes promix as well but I still dont LOL
I would have to go back over his thread on another forum to see what his ratios in the soil mix are but he mixes the promix with extra perlite and worm castings and his results are simply spectacular. He runs 20+ x 1000 w gavita rooms with hundreds of plants per room and his methods work extremely well. That coupled with a solid feeding program and his finished rooms are a sight to see.

2 Likes

Hey buddy@

Thanks for the message and info on previous post.

I’ve been a bit sick and stressed on top. And still am.

I still haven’t gotten my soil picked up.

But i mixed up my blend with extra perlite , pile of worm castings. And some all purpose 444 fertilize.
And I fed a tiny tiny tiny barrly 100ppm of little kelp n magnifical and maybe. A splash of smt else.

Transplanted 3 fems and then up potted two alien ogs and a Bubba kush into slightly bigger pots.

The fems were pretty much dead looking, but it looks like some new growth has started ☆☆☆☆☆
So they may bounce back!!!

I might have A easy day tomorrow and be Able to grab some ocean forest ? And some pots for everyone. I’m going to keep them in 1gallon I think until sex , then up pot and flip.

Also!! I have issues with cold concrete basement

I turned off the exhaust fan and put two fans on the lights module’s to keep them cool.

And the plants seem to love it in the higher humidity and 27c LOL…if I turn on the exhaust- it sucks all the heat out.
I will need another Fan to get on the plants.

Once they’re in bigger pots and roots developed, they can tolerate a bit of cold. But starting off they hate it. It’s a curse to my grow.

I know things LOOK terrible in the tent now, but I have a feeling they’re doing a bit better now …

They need a good soil and they’ll bounce back

3 Likes

For your cold floor
try to scavenge some sterofoam
best is pink then blue and last white
That will make difference

Bare

4 Likes

I have some good stuff.
I have been lazy.

Even with that- my soil is still cold to the touch unless I have the lights on FULL and no exhaust

2 Likes

there is another avenue
but its costly
They have heat mat of all size
now days

Bare

Shits getting. Real !

De potted several an re potted with new soil…added Lots of perlite n handful of Gaia
I have everything elevated now.

4 Likes

Everything is turning around!!!
Still have 2 to up pot.

Everything was looking pretty damn near dead!!!

Now I got them saved I think!!! Might not even have to feed them… will do one more watering . Then see what happens. .

Then a light feed.

6 Likes

Oct 14

Recovery on the way @@!!!

Everything is up potted

I said I wasn’t going to run a whole mixture of plants. But I couldn’t help my self .

FEMINIZED
GRAND DADDY PURPLE
GORILLA GLUE #4
2xBLACK.BERRY X MOON BREEze (Maybe wrong)

Regulars
5x molokai citrus kush
2 ALIEN OG - AUCTION 2021
and
one BUBBA KUSH
Maybe smt 3lse

Just up potted into 2l milk cartons LETS GO

5 Likes

Some more recovery

4 Likes

Feminized are showing hairs@

I’m wondering why feminized plants show hairs so much faster than when you run regs!!!

I got a little rough in there and bent over a few plants to expose the lower parts of the plants.

The stalks were very malleable

Im.happy with everything so far:)

Happier when I up potted the next bunch!!
May open up a second tent for the regs…hmmm!

6 Likes

Final up potting required…

Nutrient feeding time .

Pretty healthy soil however i think they could use a boost.

Some times look a little burnt

Going to set up the second tent :tent: to house my females and separate the regs.

They should be getting taller imo

I

6 Likes

Up potted the wrong plant. … it had to be up potted any way… all.out of pots now…

Up Up and aWay

One AOG up potted and a molokai citrus kush.

Dont have sex yet on regs.
Hopefully some males pop up so I can make some room.haha

4 Likes

@ReikoX

Howdy there partner

Had a question little while ago didn’t find a answer.

Do you know or notice. That feminized seeds , seem to show hairs / sex indicators much sooner than growing from reg seed??

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmmm, I’ve never noticed a correlation between feminized and showing sex faster. I don’t grow a lot of feminized photoperiod plants, but do grow a fair amount of feminized autos. In that case, it depends more on genetics than anything else.

2 Likes

Hmm!!!

Mayne it is just me. And genetics possibly.

Seems anything I’ve grown feminized, has always pronounced themselves early on and with clear evidence.

I will keep note on my future grows.

Thank you for the response

2 Likes

That’s an interesting observation. In my experience males tend to show first. :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh yes. In regs , I’ve seemed to spot males first

This is only with feminized I’ve made this observation.

Showing before males on regs

Could all be genetics.

And possibly knowing they are feminized leads to a biased observation lol

I also wasn’t sure if this was a common observation lol

3 Likes

Your plants are looking really good after the transplant! Really turned it around.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

They are turning into quite the nice little bushes.

Now i need to get them on a feeding schedule and watch them grow.

Hopefully I can keep them healthy and yank some clones !

2 Likes