Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

SO damn excited to grow from seed.

Will actually know what’ I am growing LOL

I trust my supplier of seeds…and I did my clone guy too. But this last batch was all over the map .

I am in control now!

1 Like

Get it lightly wet before filling the containers. Not to the point if you squeeze a handful, water is running out. Just lightly. After I cover them with soil, I use a squeeze bottle to spritz the top a bit. From there, I continue to lightly spray the top if it looks like it’s becoming dry to the point where again, the soil is wet, but not dripping.

More than one way to skin this cat. Some folks use humidity domes and other methods. Strictly preference to me.

1 Like

RIght on !!

I hear you loud and clear…If these pumped up kicks throw some tails I gonna be over the moon. I’ll probably throws the Pilaties clone outside and if the one in dome doesn’t show roots, I’ll dedicate the tent to my seedlings

I don’t mind the one clones on 24h …but my baby seeds are going to get some preferential treatment lol

Sadly one tent is 24/0 and the other is 20/4

I’m sure I could switch it to 18/6 And see how it goes.

Thank you for the generosity of your time + knowledge on this day on GODS DAY,

I apologize to everyone for my poor communication skills onnthe forum. The chat box is very laggy And frustrating, and my undiagnosed ADHD is terrible for communication with so much racing through my head.

Just finished my last dose of extended medication for the shingles! I had a peak yesterday and they were looking so much better. And the nerve pain HAS subsided.

I was mentally at an all time low for a week…with work. Life …family…and then a back injury and fate unknown of shingles virus i had never been so low in my life with depression .

I think with another week off , I May be ready to go back to working. But with some serious changes.

2 Likes

Just had To defoliate a bunch of growth…

THEY looking a little pale. . I’m going to have to PH the water for the next water feed. I’ve been bubbling it but not checking the reservoir.

Was Way to thick leaves in there

Hopefully they can handle it! They look a lot cleaner. And airs moving a lot better.

Doesn’t take long to bush back up.

Hopefully all the stalk starts to thicken up over the next couple weeks . I’ll Need to start doing some Pilates on these girls too

3 Likes

2/2 germ!!!
Do I put tap root down ??? Lol

2 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

Put root down. .
In humidity dome for a bit

46 hours since I WPT them.

Never checked till now.

Taps down

4 Likes

Atta boy! You’re on the right path. When you plant, place the taproot facing down and lightly bury the full seed about 1/2-3/4” under the soil. As I mentioned, I don’t do the paper towel method, but you’re just accelerating the process which takes place through direct planting. The fact these have already cracked and showing life is great👍🏻

1 Like

Hellllyea!

I just put them in My 20/4tent

Lights go out in a hour, they should be fine ??

2 Likes

They’re going to be just fine. Best thing now is to take a dose of patience and sit back and wait :grin:

1 Like

Ha ha!

I can be patient with these.

Especially knowing what I got growing for a good seed supplier.

Much more comfortable going from seed at this point.

I will put alot more pride into them rather than clones I think .

Thanks for the help and confidence in the germ process

Dang! I already mislabelled the two seeds.

I will have to some forensic photo identification lol see if I can pick out which is which Fromm my photos.

Plants identified.

COnsolidated everything.

Added some blue light

2 Likes

“this is your captain speaking -
We have lift off!!!”

One blue monster from a freebie pack from FVS along with one L.A.CONFIDENTIAL from the same supplier.

My First grow from seed . . . scary! But exciting !!

3 Likes

I’m a dad!

wa

4 Likes

MY first successfully rooted clone!!

I took it out of dome after 10days and threw it in 20/4 tent.

Sprayed it still .
Finally today I realized I should just check for roots . I was expecting to see them at bottom of containers drain holes.

I took it out and there was two long dragon tooth root going right Down the edge to the bottom but never found the drain holes , where i was looking.

Anyway ! I watered the soil and put 25 ml of nutes in there.

Loll the measuring cup with water in it is a experiment hahahahaha
That’s where he two roots were so hoping they’ll go for the bait

She don’t look too healthy…but roots are a start for Me! 13 attempts and finally!! Lol I took it from a 3 week old plant…birthday cake .

And my two femmed FV seeds

2 Likes

No more experiment self watering clones lol

2 Likes

Seedlings are killing it!! I can already see roots at the drain holes!!

Got me thinking…

All my plants pots Have roots exposed at the drain holes. Never thought much of it until now
@anon20530495
Is there anything you can do to protect the exposed roots beyond a drain pan and clean floor environment???

Calix

2 Likes

New stuff from amazon
@anon20530495 hey bro j think I seen these on Your grow a while back! The yoyos.

2 Likes