Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

I would flush them now. Collect the water from the first flush. Then flush the rest.
Take the water from the first flush check the ppm ec if it’s around 800ppm water with that. If it’s too high just add water until it’s at the correct ec/ppm… If you leave all that in there like it is you are poisoning them bud.

1 Like

Iol I hope not . I don’t mean full strength nutes . I mixed 20litres of ph water and calculated remo nutrients. then I fed 1/1 water and nutrient mix So it wasn’t full strengths when I fed.

I should flush though the soil mix is really high in nutrients

1 Like

Did you have a ec, ppm meter?

1 Like

At the end of flush the last gallon use 1/2 straight fertilizer

Peace

2 Likes

Hi bro I missed the root bound thing
Don’t be afraid of root pruning ! I always prune the roots on transplanting if there not totally overgrown I’ll just bust up the roots really well

Paps

4 Likes

THat is crazyyyyyyy idea . I wish I knew that Pre transplants to fix root bound issues!!

I just let them ride after transplanting with my soaked fertilized soil and freshly fed 3gallon pots.

They have they’re colour back now! Soil is drying, these fabric pots are amazing, they breathe really well. Aside Fromm needing trays under them , taking up space.

I will be watering when ready , no nutes.

Didint bother flushing , I figure I’d roll with it .

Super happy to see colour in the leaves again. That’s incredible they can do that ! I thought they were goners.

Thanks everyone

5 Likes

GIRls are rebOunding Fromm the transplant and nute deficiency!

They just had a water light feeding , 3 litres .

When they dry up I will get the nutes going into them again.

They are finally growing again, and leaves are green not pale, they aren’t clawing any more either.

Hooray . Will update a picture tomorrow!

4 Likes

I’m happy you have some more experienced help. I only grow in soil outdoors. I start inside. Then come May they go straight into 5 gal. buckets.

3 Likes

I am happy too for Now. Blessed lol
The tall me is wedding cake and taking a bit longer to recover. Having doubts. But the others Have survived well! Much better than root bound issues a week ago!!

They are getting nutrients as soon as the Pots lighten up. Still some light colour green leaves but I have faith

I haven’t done any training at all and they some how managed to grow multiples even canopy’s on two

I would love to try out door this year .

8 Likes

I’ve had Big Bud plants grow to look like trees one year outside. Along with the Top 44. I never really grown a plant that grew in the stereotypical Christmas tree shape. I didn’t top any of my plants this grow. One that I knew was going to get tall I kept bending the main stalk over until I felt I could fill the rest of the space up with the rest of the branches. It appears I got the same result that I would if I topped. Only this time I didn’t have to wait for the plant recover from topping. Now that I know how big and fast she grew/grows I wish I had. I came very close to super cropping.

2 Likes

EVeryrhing got they’re colour back, looking very healthy the day I pruned…
First photo is bushy from a few Days before .
And then a defoliated photo

10 Likes

Hell yeah man! Looking really good. Really happy for you.
You in flower yet. If not I would really consider it if you want to keep all those in there.

THanks Jon!!!
I just Fed nutes today .

My friend mentioned the wedding cake stretches a lot in flower…lol I said there is no room as is!!!

He has a few directions for me for whenever I go Into flower. Some additional nutrients and candy or something? Astro rock or something like that.

It should be soon I agree. The end of this week I guess…

temperatures are still difficult to control at this time of year, I was hoping to make it to a point that I wouldn’t need To use space heater. Especially where I need complete darkness, I will can’t leave tent open with space heater on. I will have to do a heated lung room again…for the first 2-3 weeks.

I will have to raise the lights and get some stake stakes to support the branches,

2 Likes

I recommend you take 2 clones fome each plant. Do you have a fish tank air pump a couple air stones? Make a small 2 gallon cloner. Or just get some Root Tech clone gel… I’d your interested I’ll walk you thru it.

3 Likes

I do have the pump and stones.
I need to get a decent dome from the garden shop.
I have the gel also.

My last three attempts failed went through 12 peat pods!
I dont think my subjects we’re good for clones
They are healthy and strong now so hopefully this go around they will take

I will also take much better cuttings so I think that will help . My previous attempts we’re not good

I will let you know when i get the dome this weekend.

Thanks for reminding me to take clones!!!

1 Like

Everyone is using just tap water in the beginning. Then some rooter stuff afterwards. Im not sure the gel will work in a bubble cloner.

Here is what I use for cloning. Just plain tap water. No dome.
My homemade bubble cloner
There are lots of versions of this, but you get the idea. :smiley:

2 Likes

My man Floyd. I was going to hook him up with your DIY. Haha.

2 Likes

i use spring water as recommended by oxyclone in my oxyclone

1 Like

Spring water huh? That’s a first for me. Maybe for the minerals in the water?

1 Like